I'm thinking of sitting out the Blood Hunt
Games have reached peak toxicity and frustration. Be it as Killer or as solo Survivor, everyone's an ######### towards everyone. This event really only brings out the worst in people.
Games have reached peak toxicity and frustration. Be it as Killer or as solo Survivor, everyone's an ######### towards everyone. This event really only brings out the worst in people.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
And this is exactly why I avoid playing during events, even if I have the time.
Okay? See ya o/
They don't like doing bloodhunts because of this, but who cares it's double bp idc and there is way less toxicity in low ranks on PS4 only people who steal my stacks of WGLF.
Easy, unbalanced mechanics and there still being too many Survivors who enjoy making the Killer's game miserable thanks to douches like Ochido.
While I try to stay positive, I have to agree. I don't know why people have to act this way, during an event, but toxicity is incredibly high on both sides right now. On the solo survivor side, I don't think I've ever seen so many insidious campers and people who use moris before. On the killer side, everybody seems to be playing toxic SWF complete with teabagging, flashlight clicking, and running decisive strike. Additionally, both sides are guilty of leaving the nastiest post-game comments.
I really want to get as many bloodpoints as possible during this event, so I will likely play for the remainder of it. However, I think that I will be taking a break from the game once it is over. I've played for a long time, I love this game itself, but the community is one of the worst I've ever encountered. Neither the Killer or Survivor side is concerned about giving the other faction a fun match anymore and I can only put up with so much toxicity.
The people that play like that are garbage and are an easy win. You really need to get better and stop whinging.
It's really not, just learn and practice and get better. If you feel that you have reached your limit and can't play any better, then you've probably been outplayed. The amount of killers I see that make mistake after mistake after mistake and then still moan about things is ridiculous.
Just ignore him and his comments. That's what I do since I got a couple of very nasty replies from him and it's absolutely better that way. You can't argue with him, it's pointless.
I mostly play against people wanting to farm. It's actually very boring since I don't care about the double BP and just want to play actual rounds, not farmland.
I've noticed killers being massive jackasses and tunneling one guy all game and only getting one BBQ stack and still seeming satisfied. But while I've had a few toxic survivor groups most of them have been pretty decent. I'm having a much better time as killer than as survivor for once. I think it's because the survivors know the killer can ruin their BP party at any time by tunneling and camping them.
I get the entire opposite of Survivors. They will use several Bloody Party Streamer Offerings and come with several BNPs.
Can't say how it's like to play killer since I gave up on waiting after 15 minutes of no survivors joining , but can say that killers seem to be sweatier and campier than usual, even when they get free streamers as well on top of the x2 bp weekend.
I gave up after 5 matches, maybe will try again tomorrow. The game isn't really fun like this and the x2 bp isn't worth it.
Same. It really doesn't make any sense. When I play killer during this event I'm running Make Your Choice just to make it easier to hook everyone at least once. Once everyone has been on the hook I start to play normally. Nobody gets tunneled early on because I want my points.
SO frustrating when you try and have a fun evening with some friends.
Maybe they could just halve the cost of everything in the bloodweb for these events instead? Same net gain in bloodpoints:items ratio, but I don't think there'd be as much dickish gameplay
That's a very interesting idea.
Not sure how that would change the way people would play. It's essentially the same thing.
To all those complaining about all the bnp get over yourselves good grief, they're getting used up before they get nerfed. A s akille ri understand that and when I see streamers I go for my kills but also farm, especially when there's 3 to 4 of them.
Most of my games as killer survivors are really cool and rarely toxic even before the bp event. The killer side is a different story, try hards, campers like nurse/shape using insidious etc.
Yeah, about sick of the BP event, too. Got farmed on the hook 3 times today.
Same here. I've tried to make it obvious that I just want to play the game, and still get survivors bodyblocking me mid-chase to let the killer put me on a hook. If I didn't participate in the mass unhooking of the other survivors, why would they think I'd want them to farm me for points? The worst game of the bunch only had two party streamers in play, but I was having to waste Dead Hard to get around the other survivors and I ended up leaving a decent medkit behind because the farming killer was using Franklin's. That one made me salty enough to quit playing for the night.
I don't care if they farm each other. They shouldn't expect me to be happy when I'm forced into it unwillingly.
I mean I have over 40 moris stocked on LF alone, and I gave a 4k away into a 2k to let the last 2 farm because one disconnected. We're not literally all being #########.
Ofc it's anecdotal and there are exceptions to every generalization but most people seem to be decent for me.
I mean be your guest, all bloodhunt is, is either people farming or going full try hard on both sides.
I've had multiple people say gg to me, and given the same back. I've gotten 3mil bloodpoints and prestiged on character to Lvl 50-III already in a matter of 2 days.
Haven't received one salty message in the last 42 hours... and I've been in a 4 man SWF group for most of it.
Well, some people are farming due to wanting to get easy bloodpoints. If I see 5 streamers and I'm the Killer, you bet my ass that I'm farming. That's x6 the amount of bloodpoints + Thrill of the hunt + Distressing + BBQ
And for survivors it's x6 the amount + No one Left behind + We're gonna Farm Forever and i've gotten like 300k from one match once. Worth the quick 15 min of farm.
What a feckin rude person you are.
My occupation, with you want to call it that, has nothing to do with this. Get lost.
11/10 would troll again
But really you're just kinda proving his point. Though IMO his point applies to the community as a whole. The game is toxic AF. Some of the top DBD YT/streamers are toxic AF. This forum is toxic AF.
I want to enjoy this game but it becomes so hard lately. Everyone abuses game mechanics that need fixing, which have been pointed out for a long time now. Devs are more focus on coming up with these wild solutions instead of actually fixing the broken parts. It's not hard to figure out. Killers need something to keep the game going at a reasonable pace so they have time to chase and get kills. Survivors need something to combat the tunneling/camping that killers so vehemently defend as acceptable despite it being far too easy to do effectively. Also there needs to be more perks that help with loops, like Brutal Strength or Bamboozle because those are annoying AF playing killer.
The game should reward skill more for both sides and find ways to get people to play nice with each other. As foreign as that may sound to some, the lore of the game doesn't absolve you of being an #########.
Haven't really seen anything toxic aside from a couple of tryharders, campers, and a teammate-farming-bitchass Kate, but even then, it wasn't so bad. Mostly normal games. But I play in groups of 2-4 so I dunno.
it's true and it is the strangest thing to watch. i don't understand it. i am humored by it but i also find it depressing.
i couldn't agree more. it can be fun against swf but it veers into harassment/agitation and to make it worse, their intent is to post such onto youtube. i don't mind as much anymore because as long as i hook a couple, i can do ok as far as points and rank now. no longer necessary to camp and tunnel. god bless the devs.
agreed.
how strange, eh killer mains? not everyone is thrilled by the camp/tunnel experience.
I've always played Solo. But ever since the update games have just felt so... I don't know. Meaningless? They just don't feel fun anymore.
I have 40 double point offerings on wraith. At rank 1. So far I’ve used about 18 when I had upwards of 50. Killer isn’t THAT bad
Lol.
So killers bring moris and put party offering at the same time, explain that pls
Well in low ranks everything is still fine (except queue time). When players get more experienced in playing the game, thats when the unbalance of this game does not only shine through, it literally hits you in the face
So did I understand that correctly that if the killer brings a mori to a 4 man streamer offering party from teh survivors, then this is considered toxic?
Quite interesting :P
Of course it is! What, are you going to claim the Killer didn't know the Survivors' offerings beforehand? Everyone knows that Killers check EVERY Survivor profile for their bio, written in real-time.
? I'm confused. I know using BNP and insta-heals don't track well for emblems, but when you do an entire gen by yourself you get 1250 objective BP. So no, they are actually farming points pretty hard with BNP.