How can you report a fog whisperer?

Not to try and get them banned or anything, but I've come across one particular whisperer who has some really bad habits, and I think someone from Behavior should talk to them about it. I politely brought the issue up to them on twitter and they instantly blocked me. I'm not going to discuss any details here of course.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I'd say contact Behaviour with a thought out message about how the fog whisperers that do this are Dev supported toxicity, but they let them get away with anything (including promoting of DC when you're not happy) without consequences.

  • I normally wouldn't stoop to making reports over comments like this, but I've been falsely reported so many times that I don't care anymore.

    say something relevant or do not post, please

  • Or, people can just stop being toxic and fix their behavioral problems.

  • Don't really get what you mean when you say bad habits. All a fog whisperer is meant to do is if something new comes out they talk about it and let people know, so like today new skins got announced so they would announce them. They aren't getting paid by BHVR and aren't really working with them, they are just community figures that players can ask questions to so their rules on what they can/can't do are not strict.

  • @Zagrid said:

    Don't really get what you mean when you say bad habits. All a fog whisperer is meant to do is if something new comes out they talk about it and let people know, so like today new skins got announced so they would announce them. They aren't getting paid by BHVR and aren't really working with them, they are just community figures that players can ask questions to so their rules on what they can/can't do are not strict.

    They also have rules of etiquette they have to follow. they may not be employees of Behaviour but they do partially represent them.

  • What's the point in making this thread?

    You're not going to get anyone demoted or banned ... They were picked by BHVR themselves man.

    Many people with too much freetime on their hands (like you) have tried to do the same thing and failed.

    Get a hobby dude

  • @ItsYourBoyGuzma said:

    What's the point in making this thread?

    You're not going to get anyone demoted or banned ... They were picked by BHVR themselves man.

    Many people with too much freetime on their hands (like you) have tried to do the same thing and failed.

    Get a hobby dude

    You all are being too harsh on him, if you were in his position you would report if you saw something as well and he stated in the post he wasn't trying to get anyone banned or demoted, lay off

  • Don't be a bystander. Be an upstander.

    @Peanits

    Could you clarify this for us? Can we report Fog Whisperers for unsavory behavior?

  • @Gardenia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/572911#Comment_572911

    You all are being too harsh on him, if you were in his position you would report if you saw something as well and he stated in the post he wasn't trying to get anyone banned or demoted, lay off

    Regardless, they wont care or address it.

    And no, I wouldn't be in his position because I don't get triggered over small things certain streamers do because there's better things to do with my time than whinge on the forums

    BHVR clearly keeps certain rowdy fog whisperers around for a reason and whether you like them or not nothing will wont change that.

  • @ItsYourBoyGuzma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/572922#Comment_572922

    Regardless, they wont care or address it.

    And no, I wouldn't be in his position because I don't get triggered over small things certain streamers do because there's better things to do with my time than whinge on the forums

    BHVR clearly keeps certain rowdy fog whisperers around for a reason and whether you like them or not wont change that.

    Just because he reported someone doesn't mean he was triggered. And so what if they keep them around, clearly they are only picked because they have a voice from the community and if the community no longer likes their behavior because it was toxic they can also and should be reported if they committed an offense.


    Sidenote: you say you have better things to do with your time, then get off the forum trying to shame someone and go do those things.

    Chill.

  • Honestly, all fog whispers should be held at a higher standard in my opinion, and no, I don't want every fog whisper to be changed into a care bear. I just want them to treat their role more seriously, that's it! ๐Ÿ˜

  • @NMCKE said:

    Honestly, all fog whispers should be held at a higher standard in my opinion, and no, I don't want every fog whisper to be changed into a care bear. I just want them to treat their role more seriously, that's it! ๐Ÿ˜

    Agreed.

  • @Gardenia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/572933#Comment_572933

    Just because he reported someone doesn't mean he was triggered. And so what if they keep them around, clearly they are only picked because they have a voice from the community and if the community no longer likes their behavior because it was toxic they can also and should be reported if they committed an offense.

    Sidenote: you say you have better things to do with your time, then get off the forum trying to shame someone and go do those things. You're disgusting honestly...

    Chill.

    I find that hard to believe with how this community is .

    And no, BHVR needs these "Fog whisperers "

  • @ItsYourBoyGuzma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/572935#Comment_572935

    I find that hard to believe with how this community is .

    And no, BHVR needs these "Fog whisperers "

    I didn't say BHVR didn't need them, but clearly if something is amiss they shouldn't be above being held accountable, point blank period.


    And you say nothing will be addressed, or you find it hard to believe, but not everything works according to what you think should happen.

  • They most likely would receive little punishment imo especially since some are friends with the devs.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    They most likely would receive little punishment imo especially since some are friends with the devs.

    And that's the problem, imo there should be more professionalism, just because you're "friends" if that even, more like acquaintances if I were to be frank of what it seems. That should not grant immunity or favoritism.

    This isn't to attack content creators, but as someone else said before me, these "Fog Whisperers" should be held to a higher standard.


    And if someone has a valid report against them it shouldn't be dismissed.

  • @Gardenia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/572952#Comment_572952

    And that's the problem, imo there should be more professionalism, just because you're "friends" if that even, more like acquaintances if I were to be frank of what it seems. That should not grant immunity or favoritism.

    This isn't to attack content creators, but as someone else said before me, these "Fog Whisperers" should be held to a higher standard.

    And if someone has a valid report against them it shouldn't be dismissed.

    I agree but like I said the devs will just turn a blind eye while also telling us that they will be treated like normal players.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/572956#Comment_572956

    I agree but like I said the devs will just turn a blind eye while also telling us that they will be treated like normal players.

    I hear you loud and clear, and as such because they're treated like normal players that should give them all the more reason to actually do something. If not then, honestly the devs are just like the f13 devs being very hypocritical

  • @ItsYourBoyGuzma said:

    What's the point in making this thread?

    You're not going to get anyone demoted or banned ... They were picked by BHVR themselves man.

    Many people with too much freetime on their hands (like you) have tried to do the same thing and failed.

    Get a hobby dude

    Read over my post again, I'm not trying to turn this into some public execution, I just want to see if someone official will pass on a message. I tried and got instantly blocked, which just reinforced my point on them

  • Dog whisperers are a favorite of mine to bully they think they are untouchable. Some are nice no doubt about it but some (we know them) abuse their power and do not get banned for it. Tagging Peanits is pointless nothing will happen and us are gonna reported instead.

  • Christ, one of these again. Yeah, don't bother. They get free reign. Many of us have tried to report them for "whatever" since the program was still in Pilot back in 2018. Don't waste your time.

  • a lot of people on this forum have hysterical definitions of "toxicity" so your post doesn't really mean anything if you don't go into specifics

    were they a big meanie head to a killer in-game?

    did they knowingly abuse an exploit on stream?

    did they use a slur in post-game chat?

    whether or not action should be taken is going to depend on the severity of whatever it is you think they did, and no amount of dummies on here telling you to go ahead and report someone for something as vague having "bad habits" is going to change that

  • Not to try and get them banned or anything, but I've come across one particular whisperer who has some really bad habits, and I think someone from Behavior should talk to them about it.


    You can try to contact me or @MandyTalk and we can forward it. With proof, that is.

  • @FlamingkittyUmad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/572911#Comment_572911

    Read over my post again, I'm not trying to turn this into some public execution, I just want to see if someone official will pass on a message. I tried and got instantly blocked, which just reinforced my point on them

    Sorry if i came off a bit brutish but it's been 3 years and the devs still are lacking in departments of things that can be fixed or improved and they just dont do anything..it's just heartbreaking to see such an amazing game with potential be left in it's current state.

    But i digress, like a few others have already stated nothing will change, it's because the devs are push overs and all they'll say is "No No No! Play nice!"


    If you turn the clock back a few months Detective Jonathan went through the same fiasco where literally the devs didnt give a ######### and the mods just shrugged.

    Go ahead and dig through old discussion posts there has to be at least 5 or 6 talking about the same stuff.

  • I doubt anything will be done about anything fog whisperer or any player in that matter does.


    Remember whole deranking thing that went around with Jen and many others deranking to bully killers? Nothing happened.

    It's toxic to do so but devs must have accepted toxicity as the part of their game.

  • @ItsYourBoyGuzma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/573028#Comment_573028

    Sorry if i came off a bit brutish but it's been 3 years and the devs still are lacking in departments of things that can be fixed or improved and they just dont do anything..it's just heartbreaking to see such an amazing game with potential be left in it's current state.

    But i digress, like a few others have already stated nothing will change, it's because the devs are push overs and all they'll say is "No No No! Play nice!"

    If you turn the clock back a few months Detective Jonathan went through the same fiasco where literally the devs didnt give a ######### and the mods just shrugged.

    Go ahead and dig through old discussion posts there has to be at least 5 or 6 talking about the same stuff.


    @ItsYourBoyGuzma If your're going to give me a cameo. At least @ me, shouldn't be too hard.

    Anyway, in regards to you @FlamingkittyUmad, Guzma is right that i tried to make their actions aware to the public, which worked in a way but garnered no action from BHVR or their mod team (although i do have proof of one of them griefing me continuously so i do plan to talk to her about that) but in regards to your situation, it's best to take a clip of what they did, and then send it to the mod team. When you do that, you should get some kind of action out of it.

    For me it was more of a wait and react process, a lot of people will tell you i went out of my way to harass these guys simply because i hated twitch streamers, Which is true, i do hate streamers with a passion, but would never go out of my way to harass them, goes against my character and what i do. But Guzma is also right about how BHVR won't necessarily do anything about it, simply because they are afraid to cut ties with them since they are bringing in the dough.

    As much as i want to talk about it, the mods have told me it's best to leave it be and ignore them as much as i can, Guzma is right anyways, you have more time to be doing something else than to be worried about what someone does in front of a screen, wasting time playing a game in front of a massive group of people, simply because that game or something brings them the most money. One prime example being me, I have a life and a future i want to get to, i don't RP as a Detective just for the fun of it lol. You don't see me throwing it all away just to sit on a chair and let my arteries clog up playing video games.

    All in all, just make the report and wait until then, if something happens, great. If not, oh well, something will happen down the line.

  • @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/74933/how-can-you-report-a-fog-whisperer

    You can try to contact me or @MandyTalk and we can forward it. With proof, that is.

    Is there a DM on this forum or would I use another platform