Freddy Pallets Will Be Nerfed - Prediction

I'm ready for the big sad :(

Comments

  • Something of him is probably going to get nerfed. That's just how this always goes

  • NOTHING better be touched on freddy unless its a buff. Waited 2 years for this rework and the community will not let him stay at the bottom

  • What are you basing this hypothesis off of? There is nothing overpowered about them.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    What are you basing this hypothesis off of? There is nothing overpowered about them.

    Thatsthejoke.jpg

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    What are you basing this hypothesis off of? There is nothing overpowered about them.

    That wont stop the devs

  • He will get same treatment as pig, ghostface and legion.

    Aka nerfed to the gutter and never played at red ranks.

  • Scrubvivors are already calling him OP and crying for nerfs unfortunately. It seems to be hard for Killers to get and keep new tools that are at least halfway decent.

  • Yeah devs always push out uncescesarry nerfs insted of quite needed buffs but once can dream that won't be the case this time right ?

  • They're not even that useful.

  • Red paint brush is guaranteed to be NERFED. I can see it now

  • It'd be pretty funny if they nerf him. Like Tru3talent said:

    They reworked Freddy because he was one of the worst Killers. They reworked him to make him better, then nerfing him to make him ######### again.

    So the whole rework would have made 0 sense.

  • @Kebek said:

    Yeah devs always push out uncescesarry nerfs insted of quite needed buffs but once can dream that won't be the case this time right ?

    @Kebek naaa they added an alarm clock and made it so failed skill checks reset the timer while still awake. So no dreaming aloud

  • Jesus christ the whining is super insane.

    If you would actually voice your opinions on PTB Freddy instead of aimlessly complaining about "sUrViVoRs aLrEaDy WaNt HiM nErFeD" then we could potentially see reasonable changes to Freddy before he hits the live servers.

  • I think having him be able to put up like 5 fake pallets is a little bit to mutch honestly but i like the change

  • They will probablyy reduce the amount of pallets he can put up

  • The'll probably nerf the pallets. Either by reducing the amount, or by making them more visible distinctive to normal Pallets.

  • Ssshhhh!

    Don't give them any ideas!

  • Boy that would be so ridiculous.

  • Whatever the community seems to agree on for the most part will largely be ignored by the devs while they implement changes that will lessen the effectiveness of killers.

    We've all seen it before.

    The people in charge of balance can barely play the game and they don't bother genuinely gathering and listening to the advice of the playerbase as a whole.

    I'm ready for more nerfs, but I'll enjoy him as he is in the PTB until they nerf him.

    His snares need buffs though. Hindered isn't strong enough to make a difference during a chase and setting snares takes too long. Shorten it to 2 seconds like the Hag and Trapper for ease of use and increase the hindered effect to make it very dangerous to pass through a snare.

    #notgonnahappen

  • I swear to god they touch Freddy, I will cry

  • I hope they don't change too much. I'm considering on getting him now. He looks fun to play as and against.

  • @Hoodied said:

    I swear to god they touch Freddy, I will cry

    Get your tissues ready...the chances of him going live as is I think is slim to none.

  • Just noticed. Destroyed pallets leave wood on the floor. So high rank survivors won't get fooled by the fake pallets.

    Only a matter of time before more survivors adapt to that and Freddy will be weaker than he's now.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Just noticed. Destroyed pallets leave wood on the floor. So high rank survivors won't get fooled by the fake pallets.

    Only a matter of time before more survivors adapt to that and Freddy will be weaker than he's now.

    Theres the counterplay, but most survivors wont find out until he's nerfed either way. Any survivor can counter him if they pay attention now, there, Freddy countered with his only power being a slow gen tp

    Thanks for pointing this out @Tsulan

  • Doesn't throwing up a fake pallet remove the debris?

  • @Raccoon said:

    Doesn't throwing up a fake pallet remove the debris?

    It does.

  • Honestly, the pallets seem to be more agreed on than anything. As survivor, I really enjoyed the new game play with the fake pallets. When I used them as Freddy, most survivors seemed to have a good time with it.

    The pallets are fine. The only real tweak should be making them part of base package in the place of the snares. Move snares to addons and give them a 1 second slowdown when placing them. Too easy to spam them during chases.

  • @Tsulan if you put a dream pallet up the wood disappears

  • The snare as an add-on (with the aura reading upon interaction) instead of the pallets would be such a solid design change.


    It would also allow players to see if the person that tripped them is worth pursuing in any given scenario.


    IE, I'm chasing someone and their prime looper trips a snare across the map...I know I'm better off continuing the current chase.

  • ....and saving my teleport.

  • If they nerf any more killers unnecessarily, I will jump out of my window crying and sweating.

  • @TRB124 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/571172#Comment_571172

    Ghostface wasn’t nerfed to the gutter. Even after all this time everyone is crying that Ghostface got nerfed when it was a couple of small tweaks. Survivors have been continuously nerfed patch after patch and everyone remains quiet yet when killers receive a slight nerf everyone goes crazy?!

    Pig was unfortunate as introduction of EGC was the cause for her “nerf”. It was to make the EGC more fair for survivors. You really think running around finding the right jigsaw box with 2 mins EGC is going to be fun? It’d basically give her free kills. EGC is already sided towards killer. 

    Legion nerf was needed, he was unfun to play against and I’d say he’s still unfun to go against now, his power basically gives him free  first hits and you have to mend on top of healing yourself which is incredibly annoying. Legion is still useful and pairs extremely well with thana and sloppy butcher to stall games. Admittedly some of his add ons need looking at.

    Killer mains playing the victim here when over the past year (at least) survivors have been nerfed. No more insta blinds, less pallets, less safe pallets, healing nerfs, removal of some loops. All these reduced the defences of survivors and loops are being nerfed even further in the future as well, I don’t see many threads crying about survivor nerfs. Yet as soon as a killer gets a slight nerf suddenly it’s end of the world.

    Nothing like reading joke material on the morning.

  • Those of us who have been around for at least a year know how this will end. Yellow rank players will find him too confusing and frustrating, so he'll get nerfed, and we'll have yet another killer that sucks beyond rank 8.

  • @Milo okay i had to double check. One streamer said the debris stayed. Saw some clips with what appeared to be debris. So i figured it would stay.

    My bad!

  • is embarrassing tbh when people search for illogical nerfs in games dbd is the go to game smh sad.