Community Results: What killer is in dire need of a REWORK or OVERHAUL?

Prologue

Recently, I made a Straw Poll about, namely, "What KILLER is in dire need of a REWORK or OVERHAUL?"


I'll be going over the top 3 killers who are in dire need or a REWORK or OVERHAUL, and afterwards, I will let the community discuss the statistics.


Statistics

The Cannibal: 30.06% of the community that voted agreed that The Cannibal should be the developer's FIRST priority.

The Legion: 21.97% of the community that voted agreed that The Legion should be the developer's SECOND priority.


Community Choice: Tie Breaker


The Nurse: 8.09% of the community that voted agreed that The Legion should be the developer's THIRD priority.

The Clown: 8.09% of the community that voted agreed that The Legion should be the developer's THIRD priority.


I'm assuming the Community wants the Nurse to be the developer's THIRD priority, but I'll let y'all decide what killer deserves the number 3 spot! :)

Comments

  • poor bubba needs a lot of love. his power is so bad it can hardly even be used to punish mistakes mid chase unless you run beast marks (and i swear those are so rare in my bloodwebs these days). he also gets screwed over super hard by wonky object hitboxes - the fence openings on preschool immediately come to mind, it feels like those edge hitboxes are the size of the entire map

    as for legion, i'm fine with where DW is but his frenzy could use some tweaking to facilitate the stab multiple people playstyle he was meant for; unless people are really clumped up it's hard to make it to another target before your power ends

  • Leatherface, Clown, Trapper, in some order.

    People have covered LF and Trapper. I think Clown is pretty terrible. His entire identity is centered around being good at chases but he isn't even that good at them.

  • clown is good at chases

  • Prologue Since Freddy just got a rework, I'm curious on what the developers will do next.

    Legion by a longshot.

    The update they did to this killer butchered them so badly. They chopped out all the fun and replaced it with stale limitations and slapped a 115%ms ban-aid on it. You can see where a couple of interesting ideas may be, but overall this killer is just a mess.

    Legion was never strong, but due to a mechanic that is prone to breaking and a community that was super adverse to being challenged at loops to a somewhat pressuring degree the response was extreme. Now the general consensus that I can see from talking with streamers and players on the forums from both sides is that what happened to Legion was far beyond what should have happened. Even the most hardline Legion haters from back then now pity the results.

    Legion mains are sort of split into two camps. Those who want adjustments made to current Legion to put some life back into the killer. Then there are those like myself who want to see an altering of the power to give it much more separation from perks and killers that may end up sharing Deep Wounds and Killer Instinct. Both camps do agree that old deep wounds isn't wanted back from the threads and streams I've been in suggest.

    I tweet to the official dbd twitter page everyday with #FixLegion in the hopes that it keeps this killer's situation in their mind. I know that Nurse is supposed to their next top priority as the vocal majority have driven that subject of contention into the grave. I just don't want them to forget that there are people passionate about seeing killers like Legion be treated fairly.

  • Clown only needs brutal strength, because his slow is enough to outplay a survivor where a legion couldn't. So experienced survivors know this and they drop the pallet on his face after 1 loop. He sucks because there are so many pallets and bullshit windows.

  • forcing early pallet drops is a huge component of being good in chases

    clown's issue is map pressure, not chases

  • @miaasma said:

    forcing early pallet drops is a huge component of being good in chases

    clown's issue is map pressure, not chases

    Yeah, i know that. Freddy has gen teleportation so it'd be good to think about Clown again.

  • Honestly most of the m1 killers are decent, its just that the maps just keep getting larger and larger, most m1 killers just don't have a way to get around fast enough. Leather face is isn't a terrible killer due to how he has an insta-down but it just takes him to long to get around and find survivors. Trapper too, he is more based off of the survivors not looking where they are going but he can end the chase if they walk into the traps, he just doesn't have the time to run around and get all his traps set up, and on the extremely large maps he just doesn't have enough traps. I would be much more interested in seeing new maps that are smaller or a rework of some of the giant maps (looking at you Thompson House) to make them a bit smaller. I think that would help all the slow killers in the game more than just buffing everyone.

  • Major rework? Probably some killers could use some tweaks but I'd rather see survivor gameplay rework. Adding some more ######### to do for survivors would do the trick and then we can look at what needs work next.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/571178#Comment_571178

    @se05239

    How would go about OVERHAULING clown?

    Personally, I'd like to see his tonic take more area, while being able to throw bottles at a faster rate.

    @NMCKE There's a lot of fun ways you could improve the Clown by adding some new things to him.

    Looking back at my old Clown buff thread, there was plenty of fun suggestions. Like, having the Clown release gas while reloading and such. Cranking the stats up is a pretty boring (albeit effective) way of improving him while adding new tricks into his arsenal would be preferred.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/74682/what-killer-is-in-dire-need-of-a-rework-or-overhaul

    Legion by a longshot.

    The update they did to this killer butchered them so badly. They chopped out all the fun and replaced it with stale limitations and slapped a 115%ms ban-aid on it. You can see where a couple of interesting ideas may be, but overall this killer is just a mess.

    Legion was never strong, but due to a mechanic that is prone to breaking and a community that was super adverse to being challenged at loops to a somewhat pressuring degree the response was extreme. Now the general consensus that I can see from talking with streamers and players on the forums from both sides is that what happened to Legion was far beyond what should have happened. Even the most hardline Legion haters from back then now pity the results.

    Legion mains are sort of split into two camps. Those who want adjustments made to current Legion to put some life back into the killer. Then there are those like myself who want to see an altering of the power to give it much more separation from perks and killers that may end up sharing Deep Wounds and Killer Instinct. Both camps do agree that old deep wounds isn't wanted back from the threads and streams I've been in suggest.

    I tweet to the official dbd twitter page everyday with #FixLegion in the hopes that it keeps this killer's situation in their mind. I know that Nurse is supposed to their next top priority as the vocal majority have driven that subject of contention into the grave. I just don't want them to forget that there are people passionate about seeing killers like Legion be treated fairly.


    Thank you for your effort. Would do it by myself, but I am not registered by twitter, facebook, or any other social network like this.

    I stick more to good old forums software like this dbd forums as example, or also some much bigger ones.

    How ever, they should not be able to forget the Legion, no matter how hard they are trying.

    Besides necessary and obviously changes to the Legion, I think the Clown can also something become what helps him with map pressure.

  • Here's how the Cannibal is currently:

    Easy down on anyone who is caught in the open, otherwise power is useless in a chase

    Super hook defense, especially in the basement, total camping master

    The 0.01% of the time you can get a multi down you feel like a god

    That's it

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/571420#Comment_571420

    @Tsulan

    I think Freddy is pretty decent to be honest! Yeah sure, he lost a lot of the things that made him good, but after a while, you'll see that he's not as bad as others are making him out to be (Besides the Snares).

    @NMCKE He lost his uniqueness. Now he´s just another M1 Killer.

    The Aura reading was great for positioning and mindgames. He lost that.

    Being asleep barely affects survivors. Once they got used to him, he´ll be right where we started: Bottom tier.

  • Leatherface needs a rework.

    His defensive base chainsaw doesn't serve much of a purpose outside of camping.


    The only time Leatherface is really frightening as if he's on a basement build and even then you basically just have the proxy camp.


    After Leatherface I would say Legion I don't think they need a complete overhaul I just feel like frenzy needs a couple of tweaks.

    The basic concept is fine.

    They just need to add something to make the power more impactful for example a reward for chaining hits together. Like giving frenzy a speed boost every time you apply deep wounds or reducing the fatigue time for each person you apply it to.

    Also get changed of the addons that require you to hit same person multiple times in frenzy Franks mixtape and the pins do not work with their new kit.


    Honestly after that I don't think any Killers really need reworks.

    Just buffs in certain areas and an add-on pass (basically a similar thing that they did with Wraith) at that point I would say Amanda and Doctor should be next time

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/572629#Comment_572629

    @NMCKE He lost his uniqueness. Now he´s just another M1 Killer.

    The Aura reading was great for positioning and mindgames. He lost that.

    Being asleep barely affects survivors. Once they got used to him, he´ll be right where we started: Bottom tier.

    I have to agree, here. Personally, I prefer his rework now than his current kit, but it doesn't feel like Freddy. Just feels like a stir fry of ideas with no real connection between them. Again, rework over current kit anyday, but it doesn't have the Freddy vibe to it.


    As for reworks, I'd go Legion or Clown. At least some revamping is in order.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Mh there is a similar thread to this one.

    I don't think LF is in need of a rework, his power is an instadown and together with pwyf you will surprise survivors. LF is one of the killers i started to learn the game with. Yes he has weakness and when you learn about them it is not easy but once you get around that there is very little survivors can actually do.

    If at all he needs little QoL changes for example let the reving of the chainsaw not slow him down as much and fix the bar of the chainsaw just let the power rip as soon as it is filled and he will be good to go.

    Trapper is actually in a very good spot imo, check people like otzdarva who is a trapper main and plays him most in red ranks. Sorry I don't feel like there is much of an issue.

    To me the killers that are in need of a rework the most are

    Doctor and his therapy patients the cringe teenagers.

    His power is very lackluster, survivors get locked into animations and even when you hit it before the vault, they can still vault it. That is just so idiotic and also the fact that you slow down so much when you want to use his power.. I don't even bother to say that he is probably one if not the most addon-reliant killer there is. Even when you see great killers such as otz play doc it is sweat for the entire match.

    Legion? Well I like that you fixed them and that you stopped people from making a game horrible for all others but the way they are right now, makes his power feel utterly useless.

    Sure one can play around with "stbfl" but in the end when one plays legion it just feels wrong. The vaults are so slow that i have the feeling that fatboy clown would do that faster. That nerf overdid it for him imo.

    As far as Trapper, I don't think "X player can play Trapper well" is a good argument because it doesn't analyze what about the Trapper works or doesn't work; all it does is blanket cover any discussion with the gameplay experiences of one person.

    I think Trapper's mechanics are from a vision of DBD that is not consistent with how the game is played today. I think he needs to be updated as though he were a character made for today's game instead of back when DBD was still in beta.

  • @GrootDude said:

    I don’t think LF is as useless as people think. My choice is legion since DW is useless.


    LF has the seniority over Legion........ LF deserves his overhaul....

    I'd ######### if they gave him the ability to throw his chainsaw.......

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/570924#Comment_570924

    LF has the seniority over Legion........ LF deserves his overhaul....

    I'd ######### if they gave him the ability to throw his chainsaw.......

    Thats not a bad idea. I would love to throw that ######### at a tbagger for a insta-down once you hit full rev. It would have to be on a cool down though, and you would have to retrieve your chainsaw also, like trapper picking up traps or something. But that could work. Also boost his speed by 10% when using the saw would help out too.

  • @xllxENIGMAxllx said:

    Leatherface need a rework he truly need some fix.

    First his chainsaw should have no cooldown when canceling it , when charge is at 100% the chainsaw start swinging like billy. Those would be some great changes i think.

    As for overhaul/buff we can include trapper , doctor and legion.

    Legion they need to rework DW effect , change his pins to apply with DW effect , reduce fatigue by 1s and do not deplete gauge when hitting with m1 attack..

    As a personal note i want legion to put pressure by running on maps with frenzy for that to work they have to bring back his speed and maybe, buff his base power with more duration and bring back the cooldown to 15s. I know some of you will find that OP but it's not for three reasons. 1. You can't kill with frenzy 2. you can't exploit DW effect 3. His current pressure is weak due to survivors spreading.

    Doctor have great add-ons but he's add-ons reliant due to his base kit being weak. How to solve that is quite simple first increase his shock therapy range(base kit) and increase the shock duration by 1s. I think is all he need to viable at red ranks.

    Trapper well we all know the issue he lose too many time picking and placing traps. So simply allow him to start with 2 traps and remove the dead hard counterplay for a start. Reducing distance between traps could help too due to maps being way too big.

    As a bonus Clown may need some changes too his power help him for chase but nothing else. Thing is his base kit is weak and are add-ons reliant to be good at chase (ether and flask i'm looking at you). So remove the slowdown when throwing a bottle and increase intoxication by 1s, reduce his reload speed to 3s from 5s.

    @se05239 i think this thread is for you my friend.


    Some of us actually like the fact you can "hold" his chainsaw and use it whern you choose to, its good that Billy and LF chainsaw mechanics differ imo.

    being able to hold that chainsaw until you need it works wonders sometimes, why fix what is not broken.

  • I'd love to see Trapper reworked/

    Something like:

    1) Starts with at least 2 traps

    2) Disarmed traps rearm themselves after 3 minutes.

  • As someone with a lot of trapper time under his belt, I'd be fine starting with and extra trap base. But what I'd really like to see is for the match to start with his traps spawned active and place at chokepoints around the map. Windows, pallets, narrow areas, maybe doorways. That'd be much better then having them sitting around doing nothing but telegraphing which killer it is.

  • I would say doctor. His power is useless against good survivors

  • @toxik_survivor said:

    I would say doctor. His power is useless against good survivors

    @toxik_survivor

    The doctor isn't that bad as others make him out to be, he just need a few add-ons baseline, and he'll be set and stone!


    Personally, Leather Face needs the rework more than the Doctor in my honest opinion. His power allows to camp only, and is rarely ever used successfully while in a chase. Even billy can use his chainsaw while in a chase such as curving around objects for a insta-down.

  • Either The Cannibal or The Legion.

    For the most part Cannibal needs some tweaks to his base kit and a complete rework on the majority of his addons. Afterwards I believe he would be in a good spot.

    I'm not a Legion main but after the "rework" The Legion seems to have lost their identity. There is much to be desired with that killer and I can't really think of a redeeming quality about Legion aside from the perks.

  • A lot of killers could definitely do with some love, but Trapper's power is just so archaic and self-destructive, it desperately needs a serious redesign. He doesn't need a new power, they just need to re-look at his power concept and redesign it from the ground up with the current game in mind. I'm sure we'd end up with a much more enjoyable and modern feeling killer.

  • Nurse only needs addon work

    Clown, Plague needs some work

    Justice for Trapper and Wraith

    Leatheface and Legionare oofs atm

    And Pig, she is alright still, but didn't like the changes for EGC, though I wish it was adjusted differently.

  • @se05239 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/573019#Comment_573019

    @NMCKE There's a lot of fun ways you could improve the Clown by adding some new things to him.

    Looking back at my old Clown buff thread, there was plenty of fun suggestions. Like, having the Clown release gas while reloading and such. Cranking the stats up is a pretty boring (albeit effective) way of improving him while adding new tricks into his arsenal would be preferred.

    @se05239

    I'd like clown to be able to throw bottles at a more fast rate, which mean less time between bottles and their projectile speed is increased. This gives him more AoE because more bottles will be thrown, which mean a higher chance to slow the survivor down. :)

  • The thread has been updated to reflect the results of the Straw Poll:

    Vote now: THE TRAPPER , THE WRAITH, THE HILLBILLY, THE NURSE, THE SHAPE, THE HAG, THE CANNIBAL, THE DOCTOR or ... Whats your opinion?


    Any further votes will not be counted towards the final results! Thank you to the part of the community that participated in the Poll. :)

1 2 ›