Why not make 3vs1 the standard game mode?
So, while you prepare your torches and pitchforks, i´ll try to explain.
When there are 3 survivors and 5 gens, it´s the survivors which are actually under pressure. Not as usually the killer. They have to play more carefully and can´t allow for mistakes. Just like the killer in normal 4vs1 matches.
It gives the killer some more breathing room, and we all know he needs this.
A 3vs1 is an actual enjoyable experience for the killer. No 3 minute gen rush, while the killer gets looped for 2+ minutes.
For some survivors, this pressure is to much, and they disconnect right at the start. While it is the exact same amount of pressure the killer experiences every match on high ranks.
What do you guys think. Pros and Cons please.
Comments
Eww.. That's my point.
The survivors are a bunch of pussies that hate a challenge, it would never fly and people would abandon game as there are way more survivors than killers. That being said, 4 v 1 is the better game mode. It just needs balancing.
This doesn't A LOT of factors of the game, though. Like travel distance between starting point & generator, time spent creeping away from gens when the killer comes too close, time spent trying to organize your team without (and sometimes with, even) communication. It also boils a chase down to just numbers, which isn't an exact science.
Basically you're running numbers and ONLY numbers, and forgetting that survivors are people and not machines who are very, very rarely, going to follow this formula.
Honestly I'd rather see 2v6 than 1v3, but there's so many issues with this, the game isn't really even balanced around 1v4 right now imo. Sometimes I feel like suvivors are OP, but a good killer usually 4ks so.. and it all revolves around builds and add ons.
I was thinking this the other day. But the problem with a 1v3 is that it makes camping/tunneling that much more effective and easy, when it's already quite effective and easy to begin with. You'd have to really adjust gen and hook timers to rebalance it.
I mean that definitely sounds frustrating but at the same time, maybe you just have to get better? I'm not trying to 'git gud' you, because that's stupid and obnoxious, but if your strategy isn't working maybe it's time to try another strategy instead of waiting for the game to change. Lots of people reach rank 1 as a killer the way it is right now.
Then you're out of luck and that's kind of a throwaway round.
I get that it's frustrating, but that's how it is on the survivor side sometimes to? Everyone slugged before two generators are done is also really aggravating, but I don't think the solution is "take away every survivor advantage", especially not if we're already nerfing all the exhaustion perks.
Or add character classes. Like certain perks only individual characters could have, thus adding some variety and making it so that not everyone just plays the same 4 perks (without having to just nerf things every other update).
Then survivors complain that they only encounter those killers on high ranks.
Have you tried killer yourself? Because "that definitely sounds frustrating" sounds like you haven't experienced this yourself.
I'm trying to reach rank 1 with Freddy. Which is hard mode.
There should be no such thing as a "throwaway" game, on the side of something that is meant to be the one in control.
I also CHALLENGE you to suggest a better strategy than not respecting the pallet and taking enduring/brutal strength, to help me catch high rank survivors.
You're right, it also doesn't take into account that they could have DS. Or that they could get flashlight saved. Oh, and they ONLY used 3 pallets. And didn't use the killer shack pallet because they messed up in my scenario. what if they didn't?
Oh, and yes, at high ranks, survivors will follow that formula, and they will be less likely to creep away from a Gen when they can clearly see the killer is occupied.
ALSO, I did forget it can take less than 80 seconds, maybe one has a brown toolbox with addons, marginally faster. Maybe another hits all great skill checks, thats even faster.
I 100% guarantee you, anything I missed on the survivors side of things, can be made up for again.
Hahah, okay. Not even going to bother trying to have this conversation with you, as you're obviously set on your opinion and nothing is going to make you reconsider.
In a 3v1 with 5 generators the second someone is hooked 90% of the games are over.
Its nearly impossible for the Survivors to recover.
You can take enduring and brutal strength? That's fine? I have no problem with killers using the perks they have, same with survivors.
Also, I think we view the purpose of the game very differently, if I'm being honest. I don't think either side should have "control"-- it's just a versus online game? So you win some, you lose some. That's how it works.
I split my time 50-50 killer survivor, so yes I have tried it. However, I don't play a ton and I don't go above rank 10 (intentionally). I agree that it's stupid that some killers are much more buffed than others. I don't think the solution is 1 vs. 3. I think you're interpreting the fact that my rank doesn't bother me as me not playing, but that's not true. It just doesn't bother me.
And you're right-- that is hard mode. You also chose that, you don't have to use Freddy to rank up. Anyway, aside from that, they're buffing him soon? So it seems like that problem in particular is being worked on.
"A 3vs1 is an actual enjoyable experience for the killer."
and you think it is enjoyable for the survivors, who are a man down with no generators completed to compensate?
3v1 isn't balanced, no matter how you look at it. If you really only have fun games when the survivors are at a severe disadvantage, maybe killer isn't the experience for you.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
That's a no from me.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
That's a no from me.
Come on, everyone knows that the game is terribly balanced towards survivors.
The 4 survivors, 5 gens thing is outdated. It was a good mechanic, as long as survivors didn't knew how to hit every perfect skill check. Or how to waste the killers time for ages. The only 2 viable killers on high ranks, are bypassing either looping or cut down the chase, by 1 hitting.
It's pretty rare to win a 3v1 as survivors.
I'm sure it's fun for players to be able to dominate and feel good about winning in a game of whack-a-mole, but for balancing or actually making the game better, let's not.
I'm sure those killers would be just as happy with an AI mode. God knows the game queue would be bad enough if a chunk of survivors stopped playing.
Been playing since 2016. The only time i experienced a 45+ minute que, was when David King was released. Everyone stopped playing killer. All played survivor.
Killers only have 5 minute queues, when a new killer is relased and survivor mains want to play the killer in ranked for whatever reason.
The game has been survivor sided for 2 years now. The upcoming changes are a beginning, but i don´t expect that they are game changing.
I still get 20 minute queues, but only when I'm SWF and partially due to dodging. But hey, if the devs decide that group multiplayer is not the game they want, then what can I say?
Get sum skill!
10/10
I would like to see that
I'm a Nurse main and I oftenly get all 4 survivors about the time they've done around 2 gens.
But well go ahead I don't mind a survivor nerf that only pays out for me lol.
I even had a 1vs2 once where one guy was so good at looping that I didn't get a single kill (yes there are enough pallets for that)
Impressive and detailed answer...
I´ve had enough of those matches as both survivor and killer. And they usually last longer and give more BPs than the standard matches. They are also more fun. That´s why i proposed the whole thing.
'10/10
I would like to see that
I'm a Nurse main and I oftenly get all 4 survivors about the time they've done around 2 gens.
But well go ahead I don't mind a survivor nerf that only pays out for me lol.'
Yeah you already said that.
What about normal killers?
I personally don't think 3v1 is the way to go BUT the survivor need either more objectives or for their objectives to be harder. This would match up to the killer much better
More objectives = More time for me to kill em
Sinse they get done with about 2-3 gens each game, more objectives would slow that down even more.
And I would have a ez time playing The Nurse.
And I would finally have a Leatherface match that goes well.
Or a Freddy match!
Lol yeah very true!