MoM buff suggestion

I personally hated the old MoM, dont get me wrong. It forced me to play 24/7 Nurse and Billy cuz everything else was hell. Im very glad about the quick nerf of it.

However, I personally think there should be one more additional thing to add stacks: flashlight saves because just tanking hits is to underwhelming in solo Q, there has to be some kind of coordination with all team mates so it's worth it, which usually is possible in swf but not in solo Q.

Thoughts?


Edit: thinking about every way of saving mates so pallet drops aswell etc

Comments

  • I agree. Any kind of way you force killer to drop survivor is okay in my book. Pallet saves, flashlight saves, and potentially sabo save (since they added in scoring for it, the game clearly knows you saved them). They add another way to get Mettle and they aren't easy to pull off.

  • @rch614 said:

    I agree. Any kind of way you force killer to drop survivor is okay in my book. Pallet saves, flashlight saves, and potentially sabo save (since they added in scoring for it, the game clearly knows you saved them). They add another way to get Mettle and they aren't easy to pull off.

    Yeah plus it would become more a perk usable for solos aswell

  • Personally I dont like this idea as this gives swf even more incentives to use flashlights as they don't have to Injure themselves to get the use of MoM.

    All SWF running MoM last second lobby switching to bring flashlights could very well happen.

    I don't like the current change but at least it makes them want to heal and takes them off gens longer.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    Personally I dont like this idea as this gives swf even more incentives to use flashlights as they don't have to Injure themselves to get the use of MoM.

    All SWF running MoM last second lobby switching to bring flashlights could very well happen.

    I don't like the current change but at least it makes them want to heal and takes them off gens longer.

    It isn’t hard to counter flashlights.

  • Where did I say it was?

    You do have to think about the normal players that aren't that good at countering them though, being next to an object is one thing but a good survivor will get a lot of killer in the open before they have a chance to look away from it.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/544983#Comment_544983

    Where did I say it was?

    You do have to think about the normal players that aren't that good at countering them though, being next to an object is one thing but a good survivor will get a lot of killer in the open before they have a chance to look away from it.

    We shouldn’t make balance choices on the premise of “some people can’t counter X” balance choices have to be made while thinking about good players.


    @OP I like the idea. :)

  • @twistedmonkey

    Countering flashlight is not overly difficult especially if the people get way too overzealous pretending like you're going to pick up the survivor and then just smacking the would be rescuer is a really good way to get around it.

    And if survivors are sneaking around following me to get a flashlight save and not doing gens then that's all good in my book

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/544985#Comment_544985

    We shouldn’t make balance choices on the premise of “some people can’t counter X” balance choices have to be made while thinking about good players.

    @OP I like the idea. :)

    DBD is balanced around the majority of players as they are all mixed in 15 levels, it is how it is and I can't we that changing anytime soon so you have to think that way right or wrong.

    MoM was overly strong and got nerfed for good reason and now you think buffing it especially for SWF is ok? They say they want to close the gap between them and solo not make it wider.

  • @Volfawott said:

    @twistedmonkey

    Countering flashlight is not overly difficult especially if the people get way too overzealous pretending like you're going to pick up the survivor and then just smacking the would be rescuer is a really good way to get around it.

    And if survivors are sneaking around following me to get a flashlight save and not doing gens then that's all good in my book

    Again I never said it was difficult for us but it is for some and since DBD pits all players into one bracket it has to be taken into acount.

    SWF does not need to sneak around as they can just say "I am going down near x place" leaving what they are doing to go for the flash.

  • I personally hated the MoM, done get me wrong. It forced me to play 24/7 Nurse and Billy cuz everything else was hell. Im very glad about the quick nerf of it.

    It doesn't need a buff, more Protection Hits scores should be consistent, since their are 2 in the game ATM. One awards 200 BP which gives tokens, and one give 100 which doesn't. My theory is that it's based on how close a killer is to the survivor being protected, but I don't know for sure.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/544985#Comment_544985

    We shouldn’t make balance choices on the premise of “some people can’t counter X” balance choices have to be made while thinking about good players.

    @OP I like the idea. :)

    If only the game was balanced around good players.

  • Flashlights are not hard to USE, IMO.

    I mean, how hard is it to blind a Killer who's camera is locked into 'Please destroy my eyes' mode when they pick up a Survivor/break a pallet?

    Those two actions are a Gimmie for free flashlight stuns, and allowing just easy, un-counter-able things to build MOM would make it nearly as easy to build as it was at the start.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/545033#Comment_545033

    Again I never said it was difficult for us but it is for some and since DBD pits all players into one bracket it has to be taken into acount.

    SWF does not need to sneak around as they can just say "I am going down near x place" leaving what they are doing to go for the flash.

    Considering how easy it is to counter flashlights I don’t think it’d change much.

  • No. It's fine where it is. Really shouldn't even be in the game.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/545033#Comment_545033

    Again I never said it was difficult for us but it is for some and since DBD pits all players into one bracket it has to be taken into acount.

    SWF does not need to sneak around as they can just say "I am going down near x place" leaving what they are doing to go for the flash.

    I mean, ever thought about that those people who can't counter flashlights should maybe take 2 minutes asking in the forum how to counter it? Or check a 5 minutes video tutorial? If a player can't even invest 5 minutes for that he doesn't deserve to get carried in trainingwheels. Players who refuse to "git gud" totally deserve to get outplayed. That's how multiplayer games work, simple.

  • First, your timing need to be precise. Some milliseconds off and either you are to early or give the killer to much time to react.

    Second, you have to think about all the other parameters, like hiding in the perfect spot, guessing the killers direction when he picks up, guessing if he's going to fake or not etc.


    @Akisohida said:

    Flashlights are not hard to USE, IMO.

    I mean, how hard is it to blind a Killer who's camera is locked into 'Please destroy my eyes' mode when they pick up a Survivor/break a pallet?

    Those two actions are a Gimmie for free flashlight stuns, and allowing just easy, un-counter-able things to build MOM would make it nearly as easy to build as it was at the start.

  • When I looked at the title I was like "noooooooooooooooooooo way #########" but after I saw the idea I actually agree. I mostly play solo and I think that could give me some extra encouragement to try to help people if they are grabbed, so I'm all for it

  • So many opinions, and most of them are biased I see. Balance, we need balance! Is MoM ok right now? I think so.

    But your ideas of flashlight/pallet saves certainly seem fair to me. No decent killer will complain, if teammates are running after the killer trying to get MoM stacks, they’re not on a gen.

    One person argued it wouldn’t be fair because very they’re “not taking damage”. Is it fair that they have to take damage 3x to earn 1 (Count them...ONE) free hit? Nah

    I personally would not like to serve sabatoge saves added though, they are too easy and more than likely will take a hit also...2 stacks in 1 second would be too OP;

    but I would like to see pallet and flashlight saves added.