Counter Perk Idea
I've been playing DBD for a couple years now and although I play Survivor and Killer frequently I'd say I'm a killer main.
I love 2nd chance perks, I use them as a survivor and think they're a decent element of the game. I also don't mind them when I play Killer because it helps bump up your BPs. That being said I do think there's a lot of them and reckon they could be better controlled.
My suggestion has nothing to do with nerfing any of the perks, they work fine the way they are, but to add a perk or perks to counter them. Hear me out.
My first suggestion would be to include a perk called 'Tight Grip'. This perk literally counters Decisive Strike and makes it ineffective. Any survivor using it will not be able to use it. You may think this is unfair for the survivors who want to use DS, but think about it...
If a killer uses a perk slot for TG and the survivor uses a perk slot for DS, they just cancel each other out and in essence both players would be playing with 3 perks instead of 4. If a killer uses the slot for TG and the survivor doesn't use DS, then the killer has wasted a perk slot.
I think this would balance out the 2nd chance perks a bit. If a killer hates DS that much, he can just use a perk to block it at the expense of not using another high tier perk such as NOED, Ruin, Nurse's Calling etc...
If this worked well, you could slowly introduce more 'Counter' perks.
Thoughts?
Comments
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/68772/a-concept-to-nerfing-second-chance-perks-while-allowing-them-to-keep-their-current-effects#latest this was my idea
They already did this in the past. It's name is "Rancor".
Seems legit.
That's IF you find them at end game and even if you do, killing them then doesn't matter, you already lost. The entire point is to counter all the tempo loss of a DS mid game to improve your chances at winning still.
All Rancor does is give you a "feel good" mori on the obsession, it isn't generally helping you win. It's a pitty reward.
Also pings everyone and shows the obsessions aura so you can track/ignore them until late game thus making it useful as you dont waste time on a free one down.
Rancor was meant to be a free kill on the obsession end-game so that you could ignore them all game and still heavily punish them for running Decisive Strike.
It didn't really pan out that way, but that doesn't mean the devs didn't try this already lol. And all this was before the DS nerf of course, back when being the obsession mattered.
Making it generally just a worse Bitter Murmur.
You're trading better tracking for a feel good mori at the end that doesn't actually help you win. That's also assuming they aren't smart and don't avoid you at end game because by that point they know you are running Rancor anyway.
It only shows all 4 survivors as scream bubbles. The obsession sees YOUR aura, so they always have a heads up to avoid it in the end game and play stealthier. You never get a reveal on which one of the screams is the obsession.
Thanks, but not.
Why should we cancel a perk that it's meant to anti tunnel?