Button to Bleed Out Faster in Dying State
Can we hold M2 / LB / L1 to bleed out faster instead of being slugged for 8 minutes?
Can we hold M2 / LB / L1 to bleed out faster instead of being slugged for 8 minutes?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I think that if all Survivors are in the dying state for a certain amount of time and none of them can get back up on their own, the game should automatically end, and all Survivors die simultaneously.
Why dont you simply DC like everyone else does? DCs arent punished btw.....
they are if you wanted blood points and not a guaranteed depip
The base slug duration is actually 4minutes.
Gives you time to search for the hatch as long as you've done 2 gens. I've done that before then spun around and around to alert the other Survivors of it. One got the hatch in the end, so was worthwhile imo. No 4k for Mr Killer, and yes, he was salty AF in post-game. Oh the lulz. :chuffed:
It's mostly a killer feature to use not to give a free hatch, or eventually to bait another survivor in.
Allowing the survivor to have more choice would give survivors one more convenient advantage.
This would cause more trolling cause if you could just die faster on the ground it just makes it harder for your team to get you up if the killer is just constantly slugging.
So you want a deny-killer-points-but-keep-mine button? Yeah, no.
No, I want a concede option, for both survivor and killer. If I know nothing's going to come of this match and I want to get into the next one, it's not that simple.
As killer, I can stand idle, but the survivors won't leave after finishing gens; they come by to troll you and take the game hostage.
As survivor, I can run to the killer, but they can just slug me and continue looking for the others.
Either way, I'm stuck waiting 8 minutes to get into the next match.
You wouldn't account for wiggling free, self-unhooks, potential teammates with Perks to stand, etc. Maybe you meant with no absolute means, all third-hooks and no helpful perks, but how could the game calculate all that? You can still wiggle free even so (depending on hook distance). I don't want slugging to come back, that was awful. Bleeding out should grant no points to anyone.
"for a certain amount of time". Obviously I'm referring to a situation where the Killer has no intention of hooking them and is standing still or otherwise not picking them up.
It's a good idea, slugging everyone is the best way to derank as a killer since you'll lose a pip, watching them die with salt is glorious
this would help with speed deranking, perfect when playing as Nurse
i was slugged as the other last survivor was chased and while he was chased i found the hatch and he got downed and hooked but he was in the struggle phase and kept struggling even though i went in a circle the killer found me as he died and picked me up there was no hooks around and i was able to struggle off and escape through the hatch but i could of gotten the hatch faster if he would of killed himself. i would personally like it if everyone knew that spining around in a circle when the hatch could of spawned ment you found the hatch but not everyone knows this but you were probably on coms or swf so its fine its just sometimes people want the 800 extra points i think thats the ammount for struggling.
Thought it was 80, lol
I'm sincere in my wish that if a survivor does not move from a slugged position for more than 30 seconds, a murder of crows will descend that will consume the survivor alive if they continue to stay still, giving the killer deviousness points.
I am often annoyed (due to having to wait five or so minutes for the survivor in the ground to bleed out with no chance at hatch in the meanwhile) by the artificial lengthening of the match through the slugging of the second to last survivor. I understand it's a viable tactic; I would just like it to change.
It would make sense for perks like Sloppy Butcher, or anything that causes the Hemorrhage status effect to make survivors bleed out faster.
I think it's fine the way it is now.
There should be no slugging, in any way. It's boring and if the survivor just hides, he wins.
No, if the Survivor hides, he dies.
Logic?
just got out of a game where there was 1 gen left i found the hatch and the killer was camping the downed survivor. i also mind you, had no mither. and so i didnt think i would be able to heal him in time so i try and wait for the survivor to bleed out and the killer finds me, downs me and hooks me i havent been hooked yet so i attempt to escape and the killer then brings the other survivor to the hatch. i struggle and the funny part is that the survivor that was downed bleed out before i died. also btw the downed survivor kept bringing the killer to me when she was getting chased i think she had empathy so she always saw me.
Hiding=Bleeding out. If you're in the dying state, but also can't be found and can't escape, what do you think happens after 4 minutes?
but what if killers wants to hang you? This effectively removes him points. Another survivor buff =\
That's why I suggested some way to verify that the Killer has no intention of hooking anyone. Besides, Survivors already hide when they want to deny the Killer points, because they're just that vindictive. Ironically, most Killers just care about kills, so the fact that they're not going for the hatch is a godsend to people like that.
That’s why I usually run deerstalker because if you down Claudette in a green shirt and go after the last injured survivor, she will hide from you and you’ll NEVER be able to find her especially in a map like Red Forest or Swamp.
Why wouldn’t you hide when you’re in dying state though? First of all if you just lay there, birds will eventually start to form around you and give away your position. Second of all there is a chance you could crawl to the hatch.
I reckon that would be a pretty cool effect. Nothing too stupid, though. Maybe 25% faster bleed out?
Wouldn't work for Survivors because no matter how it worked, trolling would be very possible. Requiring a majority vote means the majority can troll the minority. Requiring a unanimous vote means the minority can troll the majority. It can work for the Killer because he's the only one on his "team".
Again, wouldn't work because one Survivor leaving screws over everyone else.
I meant the "not slugged" player...
I get that being slugged sucks, but you still generate bleed out points so I cannot in good faith deny the killer these points. However, after all of the doors have been opened the killer gains nothing when one survivor lurks on the map in a clear attempt to waste the killer's time. (I'm talking about an actual problem, not totem breaking or sabotage.) So I would prioritize giving the killer an option to surrender over survivors any day. If you really want to give up, just go to the killer. Most killers have a 32 meter TR so finding them shouldn't be too hard.