Year 4 Killers

Let's take some heat off the devs and Ghost Face for a moment and start thinking about what other killers are lined up for Year 4.

What does everyone think Behaviour have planned? What would you like to see? More licenced or more originals?

Now's the perfect time to start talking about what we want from Killers because the devs are listening.

For licenced killers I'd love to see The Exorcist, Jason, Jeepers Creepers, Chucky, Predator or Xenomorph. If they added Jeepers Creepers he could have a jumping / flying ability which gets him round the map quicker. Similar to Spirit, Legion or Billy but airborne.

For original killers I'd love to see a Werewolf and an Alien. Would be good for them to start adding more horror entities. Also a haunted Posessed Doll / Puppet. Not sure what their powers could be. Alien could have a ray gun or teleport abilities. Werewolf can have a scent tracking ability.

On a separate note, it would be jokes if they added Shaggy from Scooby-Doo as survivor characters.

Comments

  • 72C0572C-F064-4FF2-A13E-AFCC049FE8FD.jpeg

    all I want. 🥺

  • @xCarrie

    There is probably no chance of that one happening. That movie is actually pretty controversial.

  • Am I only one who wants to see sth from SCP? (SCP-280 or 106 I think)

    Or Tall Man from Phantasm lel

  • @LennySlime said:

    Am I only one who wants to see sth from SCP? (SCP-280 or 106 I think)

    Or Tall Man from Phantasm lel

    I think Tall Man would actually be a pretty popular character that would get people to watch those movies. I mean he IS the inspiration for Slenderman, which a lot of people (sometimes jokingly) suggest too due to that character's popularity.

  • Let's take some heat off the devs and Ghost Face for a moment and start thinking about what other killers are lined up for Year 4.

    Jeepers Creeper is auto nope.

    Exorcist while being a horror movie doesn't actually have a killer to take from it. Plus we already have a female killer who vomits as her primary power and has a religious motif.

    Chucky is too short from a gameplay standpoint. There is also the fact that Chucky's vodoo isn't really helpful for murder just surviving.

    Jason is someone they'd like to have, but you can see how the rights holder dicked over Ilfonic with Ft13.

    Predator is getting his own 1v4 game by Ilfonic. The devs said they only want human killers for DBD so both Predator and a Xenomorph are out.

    Honestly, I just want the killers we do get to feel strong and fun to play as. Hell, I'll take making the killers we already have feel both strong and fun.

  • I would love to see a killer with the power focused on the NPC's that will help him in detecting survivors, chasing them to make them busy, transport them to the hook, like the wolves or something.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/67395/year-4-killers

    Jeepers Creeper is auto nope.

    Exorcist while being a horror movie doesn't actually have a killer to take from it. Plus we already have a female killer who vomits as her primary power and has a religious motif.

    Chucky is too short from a gameplay standpoint. There is also the fact that Chucky's vodoo isn't really helpful for murder just surviving.

    Jason is someone they'd like to have, but you can see how the rights holder dicked over Ilfonic with Ft13.

    Predator is getting his own 1v4 game by Ilfonic. The devs said they only want human killers for DBD so both Predator and a Xenomorph are out.

    Honestly, I just want the killers we do get to feel strong and fun to play as. Hell, I'll take making the killers we already have feel both strong and fun.

    Predator would also make significantly more sense in Deathgarden.

  • @AshleyWB said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/916/HLMASUJVB8BQ.jpg

    2020 Chinese year of the rat

    Maybe a rat man with a sewers map. Could have been abandoned by his parents as a kid and fell into the sewers where he was raised by some rats like their own. Would be an early spring killer probably. Just an idea off of the top of my mind.

    Remember there are no 'small' sized killers yet. Maybe Chucky or the leprechaun.

    Legion and Freddy are the smallest we will probably ever get. There is also hag whose thin a rail and small as well.

    The picture looks like something you'd get as a killer in Soul At Stake which is an actual Chinese 1v4 in the same vein as dbd.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/514530#Comment_514530

    Legion and Freddy are the smallest we will probably ever get. There is also hag whose thin a rail and small as well.

    The picture looks like something you'd get as a killer in Soul At Stake which is an actual Chinese 1v4 in the same vein as dbd.

    The devs have mentioned during a couple streams that they have at least thought about what they would do to design a child sized killer. So while still very unlikely; they are not completely impossible. It would probably require a lot of extra work though; so I personally don't expect one to occur in Year 4 at least.

  • How tf can The Exorcist be a killer? Lil Regan running like crazy after surivors?

  • I'd say more original and I'd the devs ever went a demonic root it could be easily explained as a foe the entity has defeated abs forced into servitude making it nearly human in a weakend state plus it would be badass to see a winged killer that attacks with the wings and its power could simply be a huge speed boost for 5 seconds I'm looking at you meg and your sprint busts and adrenalines negating the boost they give but the draw back is you have to slug and hook somone to recharge it and the killer moves nurse speed to clarify normal 110 speed but only when the powers full when not full suffers a movement speed reduction making it a risk vs reward power

  • @megdonalds said:

    How tf can The Exorcist be a killer? Lil Regan running like crazy after surivors?

    Something like Pacify comes to mind 😋

  • @Redd said:

    @xCarrie

    There is probably no chance of that one happening. That movie is actually pretty controversial.

    How so? I understand the plot of it and I get the characters backstories but I wouldn’t see it as controversial but I could be wrong

  • @Redd said:

    Pinhead, Chucky, and the remake Jason are the biggest licenses left.

    I would love these 3 more than anything else... And a unlicensed killer with power and appearance using bugs/spiders... That's a fear that needs to be played off of.

  • More M1 rodeo clowns.

  • @AshleyWB said:

    WE WANT SCISSORMAN!!!

    ok ok I want SCISSORMAN...and Alien but don't mention that one because it's very divisive.

    What about...

    https://youtu.be/_UqZ1eDJVAA


  • I really want Pyramidhead... Tho I doubt they can get license for him

  • original killers are so much more interesting than licensed ones.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/513713#Comment_513713

    @TreemanXD - If we have Pac-Man, I want 4 survivors, Inky, Pink, Blinky and Clyde.

    Wait, is DBD just a Pac-Man rip-off? Another 1 vs 4 Asymmetrical chase game. Pac-Man's the killer, the ghosts are survivors. The survivors were the bad guys all along - I KNEW it!

    I feel so dumb not realising this earlier.

    The poor killer just wants to eat (cookies?) dots.

  • everyones forgetting about pennywise, Mathieu cote said on his stream that they tried to get him before and are still up to getting him

  • I could back a WW idea sounds interesting ;)

  • @xCarrie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/515316#Comment_515316

    How so? I understand the plot of it and I get the characters backstories but I wouldn’t see it as controversial but I could be wrong

    A lot of people got upset about how the film presented someone with multiple personalities.

1 2 ›