Why nurse shouldn't be nerfed
Please understand that I don't play nurse, but know her meta and how powerful she is.
One of the reasons they're probably nerfing her is because of how she is a very common killer in higher ranks. This isn't because she is OP, it's because the survivors are, and Nurse is the only onewho can even come close to equalling them. Nerfing nurse is like saying "People are using AK47 again our M4A1s, lets take their AK and replace it with a paintball gun." Nurse cannot be nerfed unless the survivors are nerfed, otherwise you're just restricting the pool of killers that are usable in higher competitive contexts. This will either cause a loop of the other killers being nerfed and eventually having the survivors being the complete power role, or finally realising that survivors need to be brought to the level of the killers to truly balance the game.
Comments
Her base will not be nerfed. Chill people.
This is still enough to remove her from competitive play.
I doubt that they're gonna kill their favourite killer tbh. She already takes a lot of skill and is based around that. High skill = High reward
This is just wrong. Even with zero addons she is STILL the best killer in the game and way more than competitive.
This.
They could launch a patch that deletes all her add-ons and she'd still be the best killer in the game.
Thus, chill.
Even if they change her basekit, it'd probably be something small and maybe even a power neutral change instead of a nerf.
How it is competitive going against 5 blinks + mori, lol?
Like i said in every threads before this one only Omega blinks / multiple blinks need to be changed. every purple need a rework they are all bad and flannel plaids should be a grey add-ons.
There is a huge percentage of Console Players that don't use her because she's not viable.
Nerfing her because of the smaller percent of survivors whining about her isn't right.
Well that's a console problem, when you play on PC (and if you do) you will know how anooying is to go against a 5 blinks + ebony mori + slugging nurse..
And by your logic just a addon changes is going to kill nurse?
If you are a good nurse player you dont need to rely on BROKEN addons..
If console nurses need to rely on broken addons than they are not good nurses..
I bought a PC due to console queue times and I've gotten to rank 4 not even reaching Devotion Level 30.
I've gone against a few, very small percentage of Nurses and literally every time I go against one I find it exciting.
I've escaped plenty of times. That ONE TIME you got mori'd by a 5 Blink Nurse doesn't and shouldn't over power the times you've actually escaped.
I don't think they're touching her power. Probably an add on rework, which is definitely needed.
Well, I think that's from your region.
You dont know how anooying to me is to face the same thing OVER AND OVER (prayers beads spirit, omega-blink nurse, and insta saw billy, the most common of all them)
And if you go against a small percentage of nurses maybe because most of them dont know how to play she, or is bored for them do the same thing over and over?
Blink, fatigue, blink, fatigue, hook.
Her base is fine but not add-ons.
There is no competitive play, Dead by Daylight is not a competition.
That said, I do not support nerfing Nurse.
But the devs more or less do their work based on stats. Nurse is over-represented in higher ranks. This is a fact. And it's what BHVR is acting on -- the bigger picture, not our anecdotes. So I get why they are nerfing or reworking nurse. There is a problem in the bigger picture and she is an outlier.
This is also the reason why MOM got a nerf; it's not because of player complaints and feedback (we all know they don't really listen to that). They probably saw that the survival rate of players using MOM is too high compared to those without, or chase stats were too long, etc.
Wait, what is this about? They mentioned something about nerfing Nurse in the stream?
i CaNt PlAy NuRsE wItHoUt 5 bLiNkS oR oMeGa BLiNk 😒.
Get real. She breaks the game, but I still hate Legion more. If a Nurse has figured out how to hold M2 at least the game is over quickly.
yeah most of her add ons aren’t worth running. Especially the very rare ones.
That's right, you tell them nurse players! She takes no skill at all. Just holding m2 is all it takes.
@George_Soros
Nurse is on the list of Killers they will have some insight on. Others are Trapper, Hag, Leatherface and I think Doctor, if I am not mistaken.
Anyways, Omegablink und more than 2 Blinks are not needed. Even without Add-Ons, Nurse will be the best Killer, without any doubt.
And there is nothing wrong with removing those things, because they make Nurse insane (and are still not needed, even vs 4 man SWF).
@Aven_Fallen I wouldn't much care about removing green and yellow range addons. They're great, but usually having only brown range addon is enough. [EDIT: also, I don't need two or three extra blinks, that build sucks. Range is much better]
Problem is, sometimes you face those 4 MoM 4 Adrenaline 4 instaheal groups, plus whatever else: BT, DH, DS, or other relatively strong builds in SWF. I don't mind that so much: we all wanna win, don't we? But in these cases, even Nurse needs an extra edge. So, Very Rares and Ultra Rares have their place too.
As for the original topic: I love this game, but if Nurse is actually going to get nerfed, that's a ######### uninstall for me. She's literally the only killer worth playing. All the rest is good for memes only.
Nurse addons need to stay untouched unless they nerf tryhard swf, I shouldnt have to bring moris to compete with tryhard SWF.
Strong addons have their purpose.
I’m fine with add ons being reworked but if they touch her power then I’ll quit killer. Only killer I actually have fun with.