People said ds is worthless after the "nerf" but it is in almost every game I play
Same goes for mom. It will happen again.
Same goes for mom. It will happen again.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yep. I am using it religiously too because it prevents tunneling better than previous one. You get down by the hook? No problem you can still activate it.
The point is its avoidable. You can choose to never be MoM'd or DS'd by playing in a way that avoids the trigger of the perks.
Yes,DS is really good.
Run it with Unbreakable and you have a pretty good combo.
It is actually balanced perk now, I wouldn't use it myself if it wasn't fair and good.
DS is still S tier imo. It never leaves my load out.
It is activating in at least 3/4 of my games giving me an entire extra life. I personally think it's even better than Adrenaline as they both perform a similar job but DS is less situational.
While its supposed to be an anti tunneling perk, it lasts too long, as I've managed to down and hook another survivor, stumbled upon the survivor who got unhooked, and go to pick them up because I figure they surely don't have DS because I didn't TUNNEL them, and then get hit by it anyways. It needs to go down to 20/30/40 seconds from 40/50/60 seconds.
This is my thoughts as well.
It's just about there, it just lasts slightly too long. This situation happens to me on the regular.
It's really no surprise that DS is still popular. While it's weaker now during the generator phase for killers who don't tunnel, it's stronger than ever during the end game phase which happens around 90% of the time at high ranks.
Once all the generators are powered, the vast majority of killers aren't going to leave a hooked survivor. Personally, I love the trade off letting a survivor get unhooked in exchange for hooking a different survivor cause it nets me more bloodpoints. However, my greed for bloodpoints is quickly punished once a survivor with DS gets unhooked and then proceeds to unhook the survivor I hooked to replace them. Because DS got changed to where there's no way to hook a survivor before it procs in time, that survivor is now garunteed a stun on hitting the skillcheck. And once that happens, pretty much all the survivors escape as a result.
New DS was obviously going to be good. Protection hits are so inconsistent that this change will be bad.
DS is a 5 second stun and you get 2 chances to use it, but only 1 successful chance.
I Love it, I run it every game.
If they reduce it to 2 protection hit that would be fine..
Agreed.
I know it last too long but 40 seconds isn't the way.
When my ds is tier 1 (40 seconds) it feels too short..
Now imagine a tier 1 (20 seconds)..
Mentioning lower ranks of the perk is pointless. No one measures balance at lower versions of the perk.
I'd like a 35/40/45
Better than 40 seconds.
It prevents the most scummy playstyle, of course everyone's gonna use it.
As killer I get hit by it maybe 1 out of 5 games, and there's always one in the end game lobby.
IMO 1. it's still good and it does its job of making killers tunnel less merely by existing and 2. it has plenty of room to be played around.
As far as meta survivor perks go, it's the most balanced probably.
yet at the same time I could be tunneled off hook but play well enough to last more than 60 seconds in a chase, so I lose out on using ds. I like how it is right now though
But this would just make tunneling easier for those killers who tunnel on purpose. It's alright how it is imo, happens to me a lot but reducing the is not a good change imo. Maybe some mechanic which disables DS automatically after you hooked someone else. This would make more sense.
the only thing i really hate about it is when the unhooked survivor starts playing like an acehole, because he got DS now. i literally have survivors sitting down on a gen right in my face knowing i cant touch them.
i still do, they Dstrike me and i deathhook them shortly after.
but hey, they could show their dominance over me for a brief second. worth it?
While true for DS, I disagree with MoM because there's no guarantee you know who has it, and the only downside it has is almost universally irrelevant given that it's typically activated at the end of the match for a clutch save/escape.
You aren't supposed to last that long in a chase, that's entirely the point and illustrates a problem in the game.
The devs have been going out of their way to bridge the gap between perks at tier 1 and 3 so each one is worth carrying even though it's weaker. This is especially important due to the grind. DS at tier 1 with 20 seconds would not be worth a perk slot. I wouldn't even carry it at 40 seconds, tbh.
That's why he brought up rank 1. It's not irrelevant.
20 seconds might be too short that's true.
I'd prefer the ranks just all be 45 seconds and each tier is 3/4/5 sec stun. It would still be worth using at 3 seconds with a 45 sec timer for tier 1 of the perk.
I can agree with that.
well when u take a bad player and put them against a better one what do you expect? the game to just hand you the down?
Then you aren't in your correct rank bracket. That isn't an illustration of DS needing a longer time.
rank means very little in this game and isn't a good representation of a player's skill. there are good players in green ranks, and bad ones in red ranks. there is no "correct rank bracket"
You always hate it as survivor when you see a survivor get tunneled and not have DS. Love DS and it is in a perfect place where it should never be touched again.
Then killers need to adapt and work for their kills. Survivors aren't just going to lay there and die for you, sorry.
@Mochan funny how it's always the killers that need to adapt.