Before any changes/nerfs to any perks, Devs should do these two things first
Address SWF and fix the map layouts.
These are big changes and they might find that the bandaid fixes they're doing now will need to be unfixed* when these bigger changes go live.
*except maybe SB and BNP.
Comments
You can't remove SWF. That would make a lot of people quit.
You can address SWF by boosting solo surivors so that theyre at least on a more even playing field. That way, when the nerfs do come, it won't affect the solo guy so negatively. I don't think handicapping perks would be right either, but maybe limiting certain perks or items per team or lobby would work. Im not 100% sure but I KNOW that if they change perks/items/addons now and then try to change SWF after, it's going to be a lot harder.
I thought they said they were doing this already because they recognise the benefit SWF has over solo survivors and buffing killers too to battle against SWF.
Me too Russ - I rarely play solo these days and when I do I normally get frustrated at my team. But when I play SWF with my friends we play fair, within the moral judgements of the game, most of them are too stingy to bring in any ultra rares as they are saving them for a rainy day (which never comes)
(I do play SWF about 50% and solo about 50%, but when running as a solo player I never join chat as 9 out of 10 matches it is some kid)
It is a ballache having to reset up the SWF group man - cant see it ever being changed
I think mostly because they see the ultra rares as something special that you shouldn't waste just at any time. so I don't think they'll be using them any time soon - if anything they try them out when we set up KYF lobbies which are so fun
they didn't say for sure or how. they're just talking internally. My point is that they should do these two things FIRST before they go messing with the other bandaid ######### because changing these two things, which they want to do anyway, will change the game drastically and all this other small stuff may not even have to be changed at all.
Maybe the killer gets an extra perks slot for every two players in a group? I don't know it that would completely fix the problem, but it's a start.
Maybe the killer gets an extra perks slot for every two players in a group? I don't know it that would completely fix the problem, but it's a start.
Give Solo survivors optional voice comms and text based chat in game so that they are on par with SWF then nerf them accordingly.
The devs have been doing bandaid fixes, and often charging for them, since the game launched. Generators get done so fast relative to chase times that winning is literally impossible against even decent survivors? Sell the Ruin perk and tell killers to equip it every single match. They're never going to address the problems SWF presents or overhaul all the maps.
The thing is text-chat in game would go against the lore, and there are people that really like playing immersed or just plain out like solo'ing. There's a point where you get good at reading your teammates and you're just a good survivor so you don't have to rely on communication that much...Yeah, it helps but a lot of people just have good situational awareness, and knowing what your partners will do next is more than enough than saying it.
Personally I think too much is put in the comms aspect of SWF and not in the fact that people just know each others play-styles.
I have no problem winning against decent rank 1 survivors. It's not literally impossible. What do you mean?
How about the devs bring a killer that hooks every survivor and kills them at the start of the trial?
That's part of the reason of why I said map layout. Sheltered Woods isn't theonly one that needs fixing.
Level design is probably the biggest issue with the balance, even moreso than perks and items. But it's a lot harder to adjust that stuff than it is to nerf perks.
Yup. Totally agree there. I WISH it would be something they would prioritize tho because when they eventually do fix the maps, theyre going to have to revisit the "adjusted" perks and items anyway.
I think they're kinda ######### at the moment because they need to fix everything but they can only choose the ones that have the best optics to their consumers.
Give Solo survivors optional voice comms and text based chat > @steezo_de said:
It would be an acceptable loss to help achieve parity between SWF and Solo. Remember the key point i said however. Optional. Solo queue can disable all forms of communication if they want to play immersed. It will just have a little UI notification then telling the rest of the team that this player has opted out of comms.