Last 3 killers from survivors perspective
Disclaimer: this is not whining, complaining or a discussion about balance. These are my feelings my and my opinion about the last 3 released killers versing them. This doesn't represent the same opinion playing as these killer.
Spirit: 1v1 chases can feel very unpleasant, its pretty much a complete guessing game, without iron will I feel helpless (and I never run it lol), prayer beats is funny to get some jump scares but from a competitive POV with the main fun of chasing I get the "huh, whatever" thoughts and just want to die asap for a more better match.
Legion (2.6.4): My skill is useless. I will get downed as fast as a newbie. As a competitive player the feeling of losing even if you have more skills than your opponent is really bad. Everyone who comes from games like mortal kombat or dark souls can relate to this feeling.
Legion (2.7.0): My skills matters now. there is finally a difference between a newbie and a experienced player.
Plague: she feels way to weak without purge, but once she got on a Fontaine and sticks to your ass she's really strong. Idk if I just haven't figured out how, but a 1v1 situation with active purge it's insanely difficult not to get hit with m2, unlike Huntress. Difficult to dodge. So Plague is weak af at the start and I can bully her. With active purge the coin flips and I pretty much want to avoid the killer at all cost till the purge runs out.
Conclusion: from survivors perspective versing those killers is not as much fun as versing a Billy, a nurse or a Huntress. It feels like ur skill doesn't really matter much.
Bonus: from killers perspective only spirit is really outstanding good and fun to play, but Legion and and Plague.. Don't know, I personally haven't much fun with them so far.
Comments
I personally really enjoy Plague, but I use the puke more to protect gens in the beginning combined with her gen perk. To me she feels extremely strong at the start of the game, but if you can't get some quick downs than your doomed end game unless you run perks like NOED or Fire Up.
I agree with you but killers will still say we just whine and want everyone’s nerfed so we can always win which isn’t true like nurse billy huntress even Micheal is fun to play against I don’t even care if I win or not if I feel like it was a good game with good chases etc etc I’m happy. I can only speak for myself but the reason I dislike legion so much Is because it feels impossible to get away from him or dodge him and when you finally do you’re just constantly mending and by the time you’re done with all that someone’s downed and hooked and you get them and it’s just a big constant loop of the same thing over and over. I do agree plague feels very week like recently the majority of the matches where all survivors escape for me has Been against a Plauge
They're more annoying to play against to me really. I enjoy play against Pig, Billy, and non camping Bubbas the most. Evading those chainsaws is super fun for me.
Strong disagree IRT Spirit, I think she's fun to face. But Legion and Plague are just annoying
I mostly agree with your takes, though I do tend to have fun against Legion if they're not exploiting.
IMO Plague can be hit-or-miss sometimes, but usually the matches are okay.
Spirit is virtually always unpleasant.
Spirit isn't that hard to run from, you just have to be extra unpredictable. I feel most people don't like her for the same reason they don't like Freddy, because they don't actually understand what the killer sees when they are invisible.
I main Spirit and I use Stridor, but I still get very smart survivors that know how to juke my phase walk. Most of the time it comes down to backtracking after running or slow vaulting windows. You have to be aware of when she last used phase walk too as a lot of Spirits will fake phase walks at pallets and such. I will admit Prayer Beads are stupid. They need a drawback, specifically just remove the ability to grab out of phase walk and they wouldn't be as bad.
Plague: Not bad, but survivors have too much control on her strength. This can cause her to be weak due to the no heal meta or strong because your mates don't like to be injured. Overall, I give her a 8/10 on the fun scale going against her.
Legion (Before PTB): Terrible, terrible meaning you're good as hooked once found. At least Nurse, even with her ability to teleport directly to survivors, needed skill input to get her downs. Overall, they was ____ (Fill in the blank):
A.) "Badly designed and is a 0."
B.) "Trash and is a 0."
C.) "A mistake and is a 0."
Legion (After PTB): Honestly, a step in the right direction but at the cost of making them weaker. Since they have counter play, it's now fun to play against them. This is why I like counter play because it feels so good to out play your opponent. Therefore, they reached a 7 on the fun scale going against them.
Spirit:
She's great, the survivors and her have an equal say in chases. Same thing with the after PTB Legion explanation, counter play makes things more fun to play against. Spirit, while being like a Nurse, is a 9 on the fun scale going against them.
The only people who play using Legion are 1.) people who haven't played with him before and are just testing him out or 2.) People who are just messing around with no intent of winning. It takes no skill to win against legion now. A newbie could easily escape against him. If there is actually someone out there who can get 4k using legion then that takes real skill. Sorry but you have to play as both survivor and killer to get a complete perspective otherwise you sound kind of ridiculous. This isn't complaining about balance but rather just stating a fact that everyone who plays killer knows is true: Legion is trash. Don't kid yourself about "skill."
I really enjoy facing Plague. I think she's a fun killer. Spirit is tough. She can be very hard in chases, especially with the phasing and mind games at pallets. But a good challenging killer.
I hate the Legion. Not fun in any way to play against.
Spirit: Completely ridiculous, without Iron Will there's no counterplay to her. I hate having to go against her. You know, I find it really funny that this game is supposed to be balanced around the fact that most survivors loop, yet the devs release a Killer that completely counters it. Just like you said, guessing game.
Legion: Well, he's less common and less annoying than Spirit for sure, but that doesn't mean he's fun to play against. Again, why in the hell can he completely ignore the 2 things Survivors have? Where's the logic in that?
Plague: I don't have issues with Plague, then again, nobody plays her. Overall, I think she's strong in the right hands.
TL;DR - Spirit and Legion are both insanely annoying, while Plague is pretty fun to go against. IMO, the devs should stick to making Killers like Billy or Huntress. Sorry, it's not fun having to rely on luck to win a chase against Spirit.
I feel like the spirit does all the mindgames for you and if you are injured you can't do anything without iron will. Prayer Beads are also very unbalanced and shouldn't be a thing tbh.
Exactly, it feels rewarding to win mindgames against Billy m2 right?
I know those tricks, works very good against average spirit players. Against experienced spirit players no chance, constantly guessing and to often guessing wrong
"from a competitive POV with the main fun of chasing I get the "huh, whatever" thoughts and just want to die asap for a more better match"
So you want killers to be competitively viable or have a 'fun match with better chases'?
Killers should be viable but at the same time be loopable and these two rarely go together...
I like the Spirit and Plague and I don't like the Legion as his power is useless. Plague and Spirit require some experience and have some fun builds with them so they are fun to play with and against.
Legion is just meh.
I guess amount of people complaining about the killer shows how viable he is. I haven't seen anyone complain about freddy or wraith but we constantly get flow of whine for nurse, billy and spirit - killers that pose a challange for survivors that just want weaker killers.
And before you quote me... you do want to go against weaker killers because they let you make more mistakes and goof around more while powerful killers require strategy and thought.
Recently I have been playing with no mither and games against the nurse were really fun and it wasn't some run of the mill baby nurse but a very accurate p3 nurse. As long as survivors don't ragequit the second they go down, games are fun.
Listen bud, I have 2.4 k hours of playtime. 1k hours is survivor, guess what role I played for 1.4k hours.
I prefer to go against billys all day long. Most balanced killer, it's really a skill vs skill situation versing him. U better? U win. Simple. No perks required, plenty of counterplay, mistakes get punished as it should etc
Don't know if you reference to me, but ur wrong if it was referencing to me.
Can agree to most of your thoughts. For me:
Spirit: It is okish to play vs her. She is one of the strongest Killers and I dont have a problem with her. Basically, her Mindgames are like Rock-Paper-Scissor. But I am the kind of person who chooses Rock everytime (Good ol` rock. Nothing beats that) so if the Spirit also chooses Rock, the chase is as it was before. If he chooses Paper, he will get me. If he chooses Scissors, I get some distance, but lose at the next occasion. So I am not very good vs Spirit, but still find her enjoyable to play against (and play as). However, I feel that Prayer Beads can be a pink Add-On. Giving absolutely no indication is really, really powerful and I can get that people get frustrated by that. Would swap them with Fathers Glasses.
(Besides that, lately I cannot hear Spirits phasing sometimes... Dont know if I am getting old or whatever it is)
Legion: Pain in the ass to verse. No fun at all, especially with Franks Mixtape. Yesterday I even DCed vs one Legion, because he was using a Mori and well, it was a 3v1... So everyone of us DCed, he wanted to be a dick anyway. But other than that, even if I always feel to DC, I stay in the game and sometimes I get out, sometimes not. But the fun is exactly 0. PTB-Legion was quite ok to verse, I lost more than I won as Survivor and it feels rewarding to be good at chases and I dont feel like killing myself when I see this edgy kid running at me in a ######### way while using FF.
Lets see how he will do on live.
Plague: I have no problems playing against Plague, but I dont cleanse. If the whole team is not cleansing it is way more enjoyable as if the team would cleanse. Her Corrupt Purge is insanely strong, probably the best ability to down people.
Personally, I would say that her Corrupt Purge needs a Nerf and also there must be something that makes the Survivors cleanse. Maybe a second counter which would put them into Dying State when not cleansing (Plague can infect them until Broken and then Survivors have a counter to cleanse) or simply a Debuff. Her Add-Ons also might need some love, Iridiscent Seal is the most horrible thing I have ever seen. I would remove one of the Debuffs and then not give her Corrupt Purge instantly but corrupt the nearest Fountain so that she can decide when to pick up the Corrupt Purge.
Overall, Corrupt Purge should be nerfed but there should be a must for Survivors to cleanse to actually give her Corrupt Purge. Really something where Survivors are forced to cleanse.
@thesuicidefox I actually dislike facing Spirit because here twitchy movement bothers me. I know it's a really small thing but it's distracting and messes with me.
I have a love/hate relationship playing against the Spirit.
On one hand, when I play against her I almost always get found first and tunneled (and yesterday camped two games in a row. imagine camping with the Spirit...)
On the other hand, it feels so amazing when you can outplay their phase walk and when you can guess that they're faking the phase walk and slam a pallet in their face. I usually point at them when that happens and be like "no. you stop that." Of course they can't hear me so they probably just think I'm being toxic..... hmmm maybe that's why I get tunneled...
Why do you bring up Nurse and myers into my discussion? That's not my topic.
Here are my thoughts:
When all you know how to do vs a killer is loop, it's obvious you're gonna dislike going against Spirit.
There's more to the game than that, you know. Sometimes you gotta adapt. And unlike Nurse, who is only limited by her player's skill since it's all about precision with her, Spirit is actually VERY mindgame-able. Some killers you gotta loop, some you gotta mindgame. Mindgaming is harder, that's why Spirit is a strong killer.
Anyways, better than facing a omega blink nurse or instasaw billy...
Iron will dont fully counter spirit, the collision from survivor is what make spirit strong in chases
And why do I not dislike to go against Nurse? Such a stupid strawman, this has nothing to do with looping in the first place.
I prefer omega blink Nurse and instasaw Billy all day long tbh. I have fun against them in a 1v1