4k in 3minutes, didn't pip up? (9k BP)

Hello all,

I just got a 4k in 3minutes and only got 9k BP for it. I was playing troll build with leatherface + insidious, all 3 came to the basement to rescue, and I chainsawed all 3 as they ran down the stairs.

I then hooked them all and they died. I didn't pip up and only got 9k BP.

I did NOT get an achievement. I literally wiped out all survivors in under 3 minutes and was (punished) for it?

What the heck?

Comments

  • You don't get rewarded for eating potatoes.

  • @TheBean said:

    You don't get rewarded for eating potatoes.

    Should get something. The trash talk at the end was even worse. All 4 swearing to find me and make me watch as they raped my father.

    And I got NOTHING for it. So I guess the memo is: don't do it again? @TheBean

    Reported them with screenshots saying they will force me to watch them ######### my father then force us to kill each other. Doubt they'll even get looked at.

  • You stomped some Potatoes. So you want be rewarded for that? There was obviously no Skill needed to kill all of them, so no reward. Sounds fair to me.

  • @MystiKasT Yeee but that is the way it is.... The emblems dictate how you should play if you want to be rewarded. It is about risk vs reward.

    You don't need to put in screenshots when you report.. when you do an ingame report the chat logs are all sent in with the report.


    i-love-the-potato.jpg


    Sometimes you gotta let the potato go.

  • That's fairly easy, there are 4 emblems you get rewarded in and you won't earn BP for just chainsawing people, you need to break pallets, kick gens, strike them, chase them, hook them and all the works, do objectives rather than Basement Bubba, cheap tactics will only provide cheap reward.

  • You dont get rewarded for being good and playing efficient. You are rewarding for letting the other side having their fun, and stall the game for as long as possible.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    You dont get rewarded for being good and playing efficient. You are rewarding for letting the other side having their fun, and stall the game for as long as possible.

    that about sums it up.

  • You get punished for being too good in Dead by Daylight, @MystiKasT . Stop being too good.

  • I don't know.... If I'm playing a group of survivors and I start hosing them down pretty hard before the first gen gets done... I usually let off them and then take another crack at them... Have I lost doing that.. sure.. but to me that was way more fun.

    I find when I over dominate the other side, the match feels less enjoyable.

    However I don't care if I lose nor am I playing in the high ranks. Since I don't play in the high ranks, I don't feel that pressure to crush everyone into a pulp.

    I like the chases so I don't mind letting players who don't know how to be chased well, learn a few more things if they can. I like being chased as a survivor, even though I make many mistakes, that is far more fun to me.


    To each their own though.. but I do believe that the emblems on the killer sides reflect how they should play against their opponents. You don't have too... but why should you be rewarded when you can't?


    People like to say.... "to let them have their fun"... but you aren't having fun?... Then why are you playing?

  • You need to hook them lots of times and not camp if you want to pip.

    LF is a meme anyway, you can either play dirty or get stomped. He is not fit for the current emblem system.

  • Unfortunately, the rank system isn't a skill ranking. It's a ranking of how well you can play the game in a "balanced" manner. If you ran the killer for all five gens or churned out all of them while you team potatoed in a corner, you'll be treated the same as one of those teammates who just sat there the whole game and took the exit when it opened. The devs decided they want everyone to do everything in every game, and specializing is considered a failure in this ranking system.

    Hopefully they realize that this isn't good or fun, and being told you lost despite completing all your objectives is actually worse than winning despite failing at everything.

  • @Huntar How can you say that though? Isn't skill?

    What is the measurement of skill in this game? That is the question.

    From what I'm seeing, the emblems reflect BHVR's measurement of skill in the game.

    I think the issue comes from what people think should be used as a measurement.


    BHVR believes, if you don't play the way that is outlined in the emblems, then you do not have the necessary skill to rank up. It doesn't mean you have no skill in playing, you just aren't applying the "skills" correctly.

  • Nah, that just shows what is the problem with many games nowadays - you do literally nothing but expect big rewards for it.

  • @Aven_Fallen Can't do much if the players you're matched against are so outmatched it's like winning a race against a newborn with osteogenesis imperfecta.

  • @Orion

    This is correct. But over the long course Potato players will not stay in this Rank. So there are better players at some points, where more Skill is needed and therefore more points for the Emblems are possible.