NOED & DS need to be removed
Both are Perks that reward bad play from the user, which is something I find despicable in a game that is supposed to be based on skill.
DS rewards the user by screwing up a chase and getting caught. It completely resets any progress the Killers has worked towards in that chase and can oftentimes make the difference between a kill or not, especially end-game.
NOED rewards the user for not being able to put enough pressure on the Survivors to prevent all Generators from powering. It tends to give a lot of kills that regarding the circumstances, are not deserved/earned by the Killer.
I'm completely against the usage of either Perk and would like them both removed from the game. Both Survivors and Killers should rely on their personal skill in a chase, not on crutches.
And yes, I'm aware that technically, Survivors can disable NOED before it even comes into play, but I couldn't care less about that. The Perk shouldn't exist in the first place.
EDIT: I'm adding a rework suggestion for NOED:
NOOD: No One Outruns Death, no longer a Hex Perk.
You are animated by an unseen force when the Survivors are on the verge of escaping. Once at least one Exit Gates are powered, cool-downs on successful and missed attacks are decreased by 10/15/20 % and your movement speed is increased by 6/9/12 %.
No more one-hits, but the speed of a cloaked Wraith on Tier III and fast hits.
If the Killer also had the full stacks left on the reworked STBFL, they would be quite a fast machine gun Killer.
Comments
@DocOctober I want you to not use ruin, just see how much control you have over the survivors on generators. I can guarantee you that you won't have no more than 5-7 minutes that games unless the survivors you are facing are low ranked or just joking around.
I agree.
@Nickenzie
I despise Hex Perks in general. Not a single one of my Killers (I have levelled them all) uses Ruin. I'm doing fine without it.
And as I also said: I despise Perks that reward people for their mistakes. I don't care whether or not a Perk has counters or is "needed" in a current meta, they need to go.
NOED, no. If you have issues with noed then break the totems before you finish the gens
I don't have a problem with Ruin. When I said that I despise Hex Perks, I meant it in the way that I despise their destructibility and thus don't run any myself.
So forgive me, but I will not reply to the Ruin part, because that's not what my thread is about. People can use Ruin as often as they want, I personally don't run it on any Killer as I don't like having a disabled Perk within 30 seconds of starting the game.
And yes, NOED may punish Survivors for bad play (not cleansing totems), but it also rewards the Killer's failure at putting up pressure, which is the part which I dislike about it.
As I said before, I don't really care if a Perk has counterplay or not, if they reward bad play on the user's side, they shouldn't exist in the game since the game is supposed to be about your skill and your skill only. If you fail at doing something, you should be punished, not rewarded.
I agree with @DocOctober on this, as a Trapper main i use no hex perks because often times 2 or 3 are right next to each other and out in the open. Most games the match starts and when I ran a warning perk it'd pop off within the 1st 5-10 second of match starting.
As a Claudette main I got to rank 9 without ever using DS, I just grabbed it to test it out after being griefed several times and found I was making more mistakes since I knew i had it. I got sac'd 6 straight times. While 2 of those were due to griefers the other 4 were just me playing poorly compared to normal.
The game isn't supposed to reward bad plays but good plays and neither of these does that.
I love Trapper aesthetically and from a game play perspective but I can't play him for the life of me. Too much time to setup. Mad props if you can actually play him without Ruin.
Yes, but that is a problem of fundamentally flawed game mechanics and shouldn't be "fixed" with Perks.
Agreed..but while we're at it, remove Adrenaline and Unbreakable. A perk shouldn't change a game.
But they won't remove them..suggest changes, not just salty ramblings
My point exactly.
Simpley, NO.
These perks are not on the same level.
Noed is still in control of the survivor IF it ever triggers or not.
It has a build in counterplay and if the survivor decide to ignore it, that is THEIR fault.
The killer just prepared himself for the lategame and made the choice to play the complete early game with just 3 perks instead of 4. He payed for this benefit in the end and the survivor had been to lazy to do totems, but rushed the gens.
Why should the killer be denied of the ability to prepare for that?
It is just another way to stop gen rush and force the survivor to do different objectives.
I realy don't think devs remove any perks just Customize to game and balance.
I think I gave my reasons why.
Perks should not fix broken mechanics.
Since you don't like the, current state of NOED, how would you rework it? I'm just curious of how you would change it because I seen your other post about perk balance which by the way you did amazing on, so I want to see the direction you'll take with NOED
Alright, let's say "remove" as in remove the current functionality. I know that the devs won't delete a Perk.
I'd prefer it if NOED would have no one-hit, but a greater and permanent movement speed buff. Kind of like a No One Outruns Death. A 6/9/12 percentage would be good. That gives most Killers the speed of a cloaked Wraith on Tier 3.
+1 I would be fine with the instadown going away if it meant the speed and cooldown side of NOED got buffed. Also if the instadown got removed then the perk should no longer be a hex.
Its sad, but devs actually try to fix their fundamentally flawed game mechanics with perks all the time