Your opinion about Pig(aka stabby girl) addons
I only use this addon combination:
John's Medical File + Video Tape = Only ambush pig
Video Tape + Last Will = normal pig
In my opinion the other addons are useless or you need luck.
I think the addons and the reverse beartraps NEED a little rework.
Im the only one with this opinion?
My complete opinion(long post):
Comments
This thread title is highly offensive. It's stabby woman.
#########?
How fast are you?
@Orion
Honestly, some add-ons need to be baked into Amanda's main kit.
I'm currently searching for something on another website. Every time I click on a link there and it takes some time to load, I refresh this forum. I just happened to get lucky.
I'd like to see more effective addons for pig. She's my favorite, so anything that helps her I'm in favor of.
And then more addons are useless.
Im sry, but in my opinion, that a lame solution.
ohhhhhhhhhhh.
I thought, because you are a Nurse Player.
I don't play Nurse.
These are really the only ones I use consistently:
Last Will
Jigsaw's Annotated Plan
Bag of Gears (and even then, only with Crate of Gears, really)
Crate of Gears
Jigsaw's Sketch
Tampered Timer (TBH, the more I think about it, the more I realize Tampered Timer isn't a good add-on, even though I'll gladly get it in the Bloodweb every chance I get and use it to try and get them delicious trap snaps. Unless you actually succeed in getting a trap kill while using it, Tampered Timer does actual nothing and you're basically going in using only one add-on.)
I don't really like any of the other ones (I may occasionally use Video Tape + John's Medical File for a more Ambushy playstyle or Razor Wire + Interlocking Razor for bad memes, but those are super rare at best).
Yeah she doesnt have good addons.
Its just some addons.
Nothing impactful.
How would you change this problem?
@TAG
ok, nevermind XD
+1
I think they need to re-examine her add-ons because most of them are just not very helpful IMO. She's got two entire sets of add-ons that I think are just flat-out not worth using (the ones that have to do with Skill Checks and the ones that inflict debuffs on players wearing RBTs). Not to mention, neither of her two Ultra Rares are really worth using either IMO. She also has one of the worst individual add-ons (both Killer and Survivor) in the entire game (Amanda's Secret).
Yeah the ultra rare addons.
they could be better.
@TAG
The combat straps are nice now that they've buffed crouch time. Other than that, I usually just play her without the add-ons
The combat straps are useless, because the buff.
They buffed the crouch time, but the addon is the same.
The Combat Straps don't actually make Pig any better with crouch speeds compared to before she last got adjustments. When they increased the Pig's base crouch/uncrouch speed (from 2 seconds to 1.3 seconds), they nerfed the Combat Straps by the same amount (from 1 second faster to .3 seconds faster) so that the end result for using the Combat Straps was still the same (1 second to crouch/uncrouch).
Rule Set No. 2 should be implemented as part of Pigs base kit and replaced with:
Heart Monitor Trigger - Ultra Rare
Reverse Bear Traps become active with no timer after a survivor with one attached is unhooked. Once a survivor with an Active RBT is killed or sacrificed, all other active RBT's Trigger.
-Tremendously increases the time it takes a survivor to search Jigsaw Boxes.
-Considerably increases skill check difficulty when a survivor searches a Jigsaw Box.
"His heart stops, you die!" - Amanda Young
Amanda's Letter should be changed to either reduce the time on the only RBT it gives her to 60 seconds, or not decrease the amount of jigsaw boxes in the trial grounds. It could also use a 24m aura reading as opposed to the 12m range it currently has, increase her ambush speed and distance, or just remove the roar until she is already moving.
The point of Ultra Rare add-on's is that they give the killer a massive advantage or change the way the killer uses their power. Currently her 2 UR add-on's are painfully under-powered and mostly useless.
Jigsaw boxes should only feature skill check windows without the Great skill check zones. The boxes already only take 12 seconds to search (17.2 with Crate of gears + bag of gears combo), and when a survivor nails all the great skillchecks they can reduce their search to only 7 seconds. This doesn't really put any pressure on survivors. Likewise her add-on's that increase skillcheck chances should also reduce the skillcheck success zones, because these add-on's are useless otherwise and often help survivors search faster by providing more great skillcheck chances.
I think her addons aren't necessary. She doesn't need them, her base is great.
But, her addons make her really good.
Can I add your addon idea in this discusion?
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/58341/my-pig-buff-idea-updated
I rly like the idea.
@TWiXT
I dont own her so take my opinion as you will.
Slightly off-topic: Ive been comparing her kit to having two "bad" abilities worse than a single "good" ability. Her Ambush is so telegraphed that most pigs prefer to sneak up to survivors and uncrouch for normal attacks. Her vision and speed (slower than nurse) while crouching suck. Her limited RBT's are comparable to rollercoasters because theyre thrilling but ultimately safe. A good example of a fun killer for survivors.
Buffing her addons alone will most likely not be enough to help her and only make her addon dependant.
Now that i got that out of the way, back on topic:
Her current Addons can be categorized in mostly affecting ONE of the following aspects that make up her kit:
Only 1 VR and her 2 UR addons affect more than a single of these categories. So I propose some huge rework of ALL her addons to affect a minimum of two of those aspects, similiar to the doctor addons which mostly have a bonus to spreading madness plus an affliction.
Tl;dr: most of her addons only affect 1 aspect of multiple aspects of her multiple abilities or are downright useless. Also some of her addons have effects that you can only wonder why its not part of the basekit.
I also think that she should have regenerating RBT. Theyre currently not strong enough to warrant finite usage.
@ShyN3koAbsolutely, I came up with that idea pretty much right after pig was released and I saw how under-powered her UR's were. Any possibility of the concept reaching the ears of the devs via repetition throughout the community is a good thing in my book.
I agree with you, but I cant explain good.
So if you want to know my complete ideas about pig, then check this link:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/58341/my-pig-buff-idea-updated
Im rly sorry for my bad english.
@Raptorrotas
@TWiXT
Great I will add this addon in few min :3
The searching ability of Heart Monitor Trigger would already make it better than Crate of Gears (the speed in putting on an RBT is not very impactful), and then on top of that, you want to make it so that everyone wearing an RBT dies the moment one goes off. That seems crazy excessive.
I am mostly on board with your other suggestions, though. I think RSN2 could be base kit, I think Amanda's Letter should have all of its downsides removed, and I don't think removing the Great Skill Check zones are a bad idea.
I must respectfully disagree. I think her Ambush is not very good outside of being able to mind-game pallets very occasionally (when the generally correct thing to do when sneaking up on someone on a gen is uncrouch instead of ambush, you've got a problem), and I think her RBTs are a complete crapshoot. Not to mention that I think she has too many add-ons not worth using.
As a Pig main, I think most of her addons suck. Amanda's Secret and Amanda's Letter could use reworks. Her skill check addons also should increase the difficulty and not the odds of triggering them.
This is my own rework for Amanda's Secret.
Amanda's Secret
For her RBTs,
For her Ambush,
I think everyone wants that XD.
In all Pig Buff discusion, I see that.
Ok, i made it, too.
AS a Pig Main, do you have an addon idea for this dicusion?
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/58341/my-pig-buff-idea-updated
i'm just curious @Salty_Pearl
@TAG
Heart Monitor Trigger changes the power from a timer based mechanic to a team play enforcing one. You may have misread it, but basically it relies on the killer actually killing a survivor with an active RBT on in order to trigger all other active RBT's, which will change the focus of the survivors from doing gens to helping their teammates get the RBT's off and keeping them from getting killed. To compensate for this change in dynamic, and since the traps are no longer on timers, the jigsaw boxes needed to have longer search times and more difficult skillchecks.
Also since they don't activate until AFTER a survivor is unhooked, this lets other survivors with active RBT's choose to let a teammate who just got one put on and hooked hang around/die on the hook in order to reduce the amount of active RBT's in the trial that could kill them while they try to get theirs off. I see this add-on only really being a threat if 2 or more survivors have active RBT's on, which ties all of their fates together. Survivors still have the RNG advantage for getting the traps off of their heads with the jigsaw boxes, so in practice It probably won't get to work too often they way it's intended if this idea were implemented.
Yeah, here one of my other ideas.
Ultra Rare Addon:
Amanda's Cloak
A red cloak used to hide Amanda's identity. When worn, it fills her with rage and sharpens her mind.
@Salty_Pearl
I add it in the discusion :3
Oops, I did misread it. I somehow missed that there is no timer. My bad. I'm still admittedly not convinced that it wouldn't be overboard.