Camping Meta

Thanks BHVR. Your absolute ass-######### pipping system has it so that every single game is a game where survivors are camped. Every single survivor game i've played for the past while has been the same. Camping and tunneling.

Thing is, with the pathing i'm seeing these killers take, they shouldn't be in the ranks they are, they are just trolling, cause, why bother pipping?

Comments

  • @Orion in dead by daylight they nerf the “meta” a lot so the “meta” changes and people adapt to the new “meta”.

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/421574#Comment_421574

    That's why so many games get boring without updates, because otherwise the meta doesn't change.

    You just said it did, at least sometimes. So how can the most effective strategy be different if the game is exactly the same as it was before?

  • @DarkWo1f997 said:

    Man you guys really will argue about ANYTHING.

    My pizza hasn't arrived yet. I need something to entertain myself while I'm sick.

  • I thought this thread was about the supposed camping meta not the definition of meta?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/421579#Comment_421579

    My pizza hasn't arrived yet. I need something to entertain myself while I'm sick.

    You know what? That’s fair enough. I do the exact same thing with salty players that send me hate mail.

  • I'll just follow the mainstream and go with the meta then. Everything else would make me a Hipster and I really don't want to be a Hipster.

    "I'm just going with the meta" is my new excuse - I'm not a camper!

  • @PiiFree said:

    I'll just follow the mainstream and go with the meta then. Everything else would make me a Hipster and I really don't want to be a Hipster.

    "I'm just going with the meta" is my new excuse - I'm not a camper!

    Marry me

  • @PiiFree said:

    I'll just follow the mainstream and go with the meta then. Everything else would make me a Hipster and I really don't want to be a Hipster.

    "I'm just going with the meta" is my new excuse - I'm not a camper!

    If you go with the popular choice then you are a hipster tho. xD

  • @DarkWo1f997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/421586#Comment_421586

    You know what? That’s fair enough. I do the exact same thing with salty players that send me hate mail.

    Thank you. Boredom is basically the only reason I even come to the forum in the first place. It's not like people change their minds through debate. Hell, some people can't even admit they made mistakes in the first place.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/421577#Comment_421577

    You just said it did, at least sometimes. So how can the most effective strategy be different if the game is exactly the same as it was before?

    Now you're just cherry picking. Meta straight up means Most Effective Tactic Available. Regardless of what you choose to believe, it's not simply the most used tactic. If a large enough portion of people choose to change how they play, and others in turn choose to change how THEY play as a means of countering that, and that strategy works better, then suddenly the most effective strategy has changed. It's rare that it happens without an update, but it's STILL true that it's the most effective tactic available.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/421591#Comment_421591

    Thank you. Boredom is basically the only reason I even come to the forum in the first place. It's not like people change their minds through debate. Hell, some people can't even admit they made mistakes in the first place.

    Whenever I lose I like to either accept my loss or think about the mistakes I made.

  • @DarkWo1f997 said:

    Man you guys really will argue about ANYTHING.

    I will not argue about just anything and I'm ready to fight you on that

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/421579#Comment_421579

    I will not argue about just anything and I'm ready to fight you on that

    are you sure?

  • I will argue over anything @DarkWo1f997 just ask me what color the sky is.

  • The meta doesn't change without an update to the game generally. However someone's understanding of it might. Thus when a new tactic is discovered it effectively changes the meta even if it was in reality the meta all along.

    The question there boils down to: Are unknown strategies available?

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    The meta doesn't change without an update to the game generally. However someone's understanding of it might. Thus when a new tactic is discovered it effectively changes the meta even if it was in reality the meta all along.

    The question there boils down to: Are unknown strategies available?

    In other words, "meta" is used to mean the most widely used strategy, because you can't know what the most effective one is.

  • @Orion still no. If the best known strategy is used by a minority of players then it is still meta. The question is if a strategy that isn't even KNOWN can be meta.

    Meta is about effectiveness and not number of users by definition.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    @Orion still no. If the best known strategy is used by a minority of players then it is still meta. The question is if a strategy that isn't even KNOWN can be meta.

    Meta is about effectiveness and not number of users by definition.

    Then meta is an irrelevant term, because the most effective strategy can never be known for sure.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/422363#Comment_422363

    Then meta is an irrelevant term, because the most effective strategy can never be known for sure.

    Ah but if we don't consider unknown strategies to be available then suddenly the Meta strategy is known by definition. It's still not the same as the most used strategy since most players might be using a strategy that is known to be sub optimal such as camping in this instance.

    So it just comes down to if unknown strategies are available strategies.

    If they are then Meta just refers to what we THINK is the Meta. And new Metas are discovered much like science is.

    If they aren't then the Meta refers to the best strategy out of the considered strategies. In which case the Meta is invented by the top players like mathematics is.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/422374#Comment_422374

    Ah but if we don't consider unknown strategies to be available then suddenly the Meta strategy is known by definition. It's still not the same as the most used strategy since most players might be using a strategy that is known to be sub optimal such as camping in this instance.

    So it just comes down to if unknown strategies are available strategies.

    If they are then Meta just refers to what we THINK is the Meta. And new Metas are discovered much like science is.

    If they aren't then the Meta refers to the best strategy out of the considered strategies. In which case the Meta is invented by the top players like mathematics is.

    Unknown strategies are definitely available, someone just needs to come up with them first. If "meta" doesn't actually mean "meta", then it goes back to what I said and what 99% of all people use the term for - it's just the most used strategy.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/422363#Comment_422363

    Then meta is an irrelevant term, because the most effective strategy can never be known for sure.

    All knowledge is based on that which we do not know. Will you fight? Or will you perish like a dog?

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/422374#Comment_422374

    All knowledge is based on that which we do not know. Will you fight? Or will you perish like a dog?

    If "meta" is used to mean "what is perceived to be the most effective strategy at any given point in time", then it is indistinguishable from "the most used strategy", since people will naturally gravitate to what they perceive to be the most effective strategy.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/422445#Comment_422445

    If "meta" is used to mean "what is perceived to be the most effective strategy at any given point in time", then it is indistinguishable from "the most used strategy", since people will naturally gravitate to what they perceive to be the most effective strategy.

    Then we're both right. Since you can only base things on what humans know, meta is both the most effective tactic available (to human knowledge at present) AND the most frequently used tactic.

1 2 ›