You're right. It's strong but has countermeasures. Id say it's honestly well balanced.
I agree it doesn't need buffs it doesn't need nerfs and I personally don't use it the most funny thing is you can still benefit from NOED by not using NOED if they take time to break totems but you didn't put it on. I personally don't use this perk and would rather use up another perk slot for something else.
It can be countered by a little extra effort. Take the time, if you see a totem, cleanse it. No NOED at the end and the killer wasted a perk slot. Last 4 survivor games, I cleansed all 5 totems, while still getting at least 2 gens done myself. All 4 games, the killer ran NOED.
Also, if you see it has been powered, just leave. Again, it turns it into a wasted perk. Running head long into the fire is what makes killers run the perk. It is like camping, survivors feed a killer's desire by doing the exact thing the strategy hopes you do.
As a killer, I do not run NOED but I love the perk's side effect. Survivors take the time to cleanse totems thinking I am running NOED. This is great when I am running jump scare Michael.
You chase, down, and hook someone, maybe even someone boosted by Adrenaline - takes more than 20 sec so survivors can open gates and escape.
Or
You instantly hit someone and down them near the gate, forcing you to camp and secure the kill (allows other gate to be opened), or risk wandering away, which allows the gate to be opened and the survivor unhooked (in that order).
Or
It never procs/is insta-broken.
Or
You don't take NOED, and you get in a chase endgame. They may have Adrenaline, MoM stacks, and DH...or they may not - either way, you auto lose after 20s.
So OP, haha, especially with killers being so strong (read powerless) in the endgame.
But I would have to say, same goes for Mettle Of Man.
Mettle of Man's issue is less what the perk does and more the fact of what it combines with. NoED is one of the few perks that doesn't combo with anything else in a meaningful way.
Mettle of Man's issue is less what the perk does and more the fact of what it combines with. NoED is one of the few perks that doesn't combo with anything else in a meaningful way.
Blood Warden/Remember Me
Bitter Murmur
Doctor in general
It's end game material. Reasons it's quite good with Freddy, he has a very strong end game. Put them to sleep, well they better hope they are injured, because if all the gens are done they aren't getting back up.
NOed is Niche, but so is Mettle. Have yet to run into survivors having resounding success with it. In fact, I think they become dumber once they equip it.
It's end game material. Reasons it's quite good with Freddy, he has a very strong end game. Put them to sleep, well they better hope they are injured, because if all the gens are done they aren't getting back up.
NOed is Niche, but so is Mettle. Have yet to run into survivors having resounding success with it. In fact, I think they become dumber once they equip it.
Blood Warden and Remember Me great perks, but they don't combo with NoED. To clear up what I mean by combo is actively enhancing the effect of the perk rather than just being able to exist effectively in the build. NoED does two things: Give exposed condition and 4% haste bonus. Killers don't get a lot of movement speed enhancing perks and the ones they do get are situational with heavy drawbacks. It's rare to hit endgame with Devour Hope which would combo with NoED stacking its haste with the other. Though the reality that if you've got a lit totem is getting broken. You could pair with PWYF, but that's a sizeable risk and time investment on finding you obsession chasing then letting go.
Blood Warden and Remember Me great perks, but they don't combo with NoED. To clear up what I mean by combo is actively enhancing the effect of the perk rather than just being able to exist effectively in the build. NoED does two things: Give exposed condition and 4% haste bonus. Killers don't get a lot of movement speed enhancing perks and the ones they do get are situational with heavy drawbacks. It's rare to hit endgame with Devour Hope which would combo with NoED stacking its haste with the other. Though the reality that if you've got a lit totem is getting broken. You could pair with PWYF, but that's a sizeable risk and time investment on finding you obsession chasing then letting go.
Well we can't go around making all perks equal now can we
But I would have to say, same goes for Mettle Of Man.
@Swiftblade131 Agreed I believe people over exaggerate how good MoM is you always know what the person after using it is doing when they heal up and makes survivor's more dumb at times but there are many who disagree you just opened up a whole can of beans so all I have to say is
@Swiftblade131 Agreed I believe people over exaggerate how good MoM is you always know what the person after using it is doing when they heal up and makes survivor's more dumb at times but there are many who disagree you just opened up a whole can of beans so all I have to say is
@KillermainBTWm8 I just 99% my heal when I use it. But it really isn’t OP.
@TreemanXD I agree that it isn't OP and yes I am aware of that but you still have many potato survivors that don't realize that for some reason. I can kind of see why some complain because it more affects the low tier killers but tbh if MoM ever becomes a significant issue for me I would just equip STBFL
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You're right. It's strong but has countermeasures. Id say it's honestly well balanced.
I agree it doesn't need buffs it doesn't need nerfs and I personally don't use it the most funny thing is you can still benefit from NOED by not using NOED if they take time to break totems but you didn't put it on. I personally don't use this perk and would rather use up another perk slot for something else.
It can be countered by a little extra effort. Take the time, if you see a totem, cleanse it. No NOED at the end and the killer wasted a perk slot. Last 4 survivor games, I cleansed all 5 totems, while still getting at least 2 gens done myself. All 4 games, the killer ran NOED.
Also, if you see it has been powered, just leave. Again, it turns it into a wasted perk. Running head long into the fire is what makes killers run the perk. It is like camping, survivors feed a killer's desire by doing the exact thing the strategy hopes you do.
As a killer, I do not run NOED but I love the perk's side effect. Survivors take the time to cleanse totems thinking I am running NOED. This is great when I am running jump scare Michael.
There is hundreds of threads like this.
No the perk is incredibly strong however it's useless if your a good player. it's only good for playing scummy
NOED procs.
You chase, down, and hook someone, maybe even someone boosted by Adrenaline - takes more than 20 sec so survivors can open gates and escape.
Or
You instantly hit someone and down them near the gate, forcing you to camp and secure the kill (allows other gate to be opened), or risk wandering away, which allows the gate to be opened and the survivor unhooked (in that order).
Or
It never procs/is insta-broken.
Or
You don't take NOED, and you get in a chase endgame. They may have Adrenaline, MoM stacks, and DH...or they may not - either way, you auto lose after 20s.
So OP, haha, especially with killers being so strong (read powerless) in the endgame.
I only use it on doc or if I’m memeing. It really isn’t OP.
Can't change a mind set in stone.
But I would have to say, same goes for Mettle Of Man.
Mettle of Man's issue is less what the perk does and more the fact of what it combines with. NoED is one of the few perks that doesn't combo with anything else in a meaningful way.
Blood Warden/Remember Me
Bitter Murmur
Doctor in general
It's end game material. Reasons it's quite good with Freddy, he has a very strong end game. Put them to sleep, well they better hope they are injured, because if all the gens are done they aren't getting back up.
NOed is Niche, but so is Mettle. Have yet to run into survivors having resounding success with it. In fact, I think they become dumber once they equip it.
I agree
NOED is the totally worst designed perk killers actually have. It needs to be changed asap. Just punishes good survivors and rewards bad killers.
Same with MoM 😏
A good survivor doesn't get hit with noed cause they break the totems ahead of time.
Blood Warden and Remember Me great perks, but they don't combo with NoED. To clear up what I mean by combo is actively enhancing the effect of the perk rather than just being able to exist effectively in the build. NoED does two things: Give exposed condition and 4% haste bonus. Killers don't get a lot of movement speed enhancing perks and the ones they do get are situational with heavy drawbacks. It's rare to hit endgame with Devour Hope which would combo with NoED stacking its haste with the other. Though the reality that if you've got a lit totem is getting broken. You could pair with PWYF, but that's a sizeable risk and time investment on finding you obsession chasing then letting go.
Well we can't go around making all perks equal now can we
@Swiftblade131 Agreed I believe people over exaggerate how good MoM is you always know what the person after using it is doing when they heal up and makes survivor's more dumb at times but there are many who disagree you just opened up a whole can of beans so all I have to say is
Plus, it's a one trick floozy. Once it's gone it's gone. And it doesn't stun you like DS did. Plus you have to have some form of set up for it.
And with the existence of one shots, it is possible it never get's used, or at least used a lot later than the user intended?
@KillermainBTWm8 I just 99% my heal when I use it. But it really isn’t OP.
@TreemanXD I agree that it isn't OP and yes I am aware of that but you still have many potato survivors that don't realize that for some reason. I can kind of see why some complain because it more affects the low tier killers but tbh if MoM ever becomes a significant issue for me I would just equip STBFL