Refusing To End The Game
Hello all,
Throughout my play, I have encountered survivors that have refused to end the game. Yesterday, I spent 1 and a half hours trying to find the last survivor. Turns out he was in a locker on the opposite side of the map from the hatch writing an essay and making dinner. I just happened to check it out of where the heck else could he be. He said he would have done it til he was done his stuff.
What if a survivor gets super mad at me for something I do and refuses to end the game? I've begun to run whispers to counter this. But what about my killers that don't run whispers, like nurse? What do I do if someone tries to make the game go forever / force me to DC?
Is this banable? Does BE actually ban people for abuse like this?
Any insight appreciated.
Thank you!
Comments
Thanks for the info. I understand crows come and you get a notification if someone is AFK too long, but these guys would just switch a locker or in/out if they didnt hear my terror radius every X minutes. so big issue.
edit: usually, the don't get gens or gate. they just sit in locker doing nothing. I had one guy sit in locker for close to an hour with 3 gens left. He was only one left. before I had whispers.
Taking the game hostage is a bannable offense. You'd have to record the match and report the player. If the player is hiding for 90 minutes just to troll you, the case should be clear.
Depending on the amount of time, other cases are probably in a grey area and the devs will make an individual decision for each case.
Aside from a 3rd party service like OBS, is there anyway in game to save replays?
Ok! Thank You! Im not sure I want to record each match incase it happens, but I don't like it happening. Maybe Ill find a middle ground. Stay safe or kill quickly!
Is that taking the game hostage though?
I know it sucks balls and it shouldn't happen.. But the game can be ended.
@MystiKasT No, the game itself doesn't have a recording function.
Off-topic: Please @ tag users when you are replying to them. Quotes don't give notifications.
@Jigmac Yes, like this.
Quoting used to give notifications, but not anymore since the forum system got updated a couple of weeks ago.
There should definitely be an option for the killer to leave the game when the survivors have opened the gates. When dedicated servers gets implemented, there should be no reason not to add this to the game.
I’ve experienced survivors trying to force a DC out of me many times. There was even a bug before where the survivor could glitch themselves outside of the map and just stand there indefinitely out of harms way (don’t know if this is fixed or not)
Feels really bad being forced to dc.
I would like to think so, but implementation would be hard. BE needs to not fear the ban stick.
Players that knowingly abuse the game to force others to DC should not be tolerated.
as long as they have no been sitting in the exit gates waiting for you to hit them and leave afterwrads, thats called "taking the game hostage" and is a bannable offense.
of course they are not taking the game hostage when they decide to loot that chest they saw earlier before they leave ot quickly cleanse a totem, but if the game is still on going after like 5 - 10 minutes after the gates got opened, you should report anyone who is still in the game, unless there is a good reason for them to stay (like when your farming)
@MystiKasT You could always just delete the videos every couple of matches. It's a good way to save some random good clips or stupid ######### that happens.
@Carpemortum Except some of us have no solid reason to record our gameplay, never have, and don't want OBS on our computers just in the off-chance we get someone holding the game hostage.
Hopefully, such a requirement will change when dedicated servers come and they can more effectively go back over all match data.
Since they can be caught and nothing is preventing you from finding them then I don’t think they are holding it hostage.
notive how this isn't someone speaking from experiemce? a mere unexplored theory. these maps....are actually kinda big. yo.
i leave. i have seen this go on for hours. they win. i was forced to dc. now let me find another game.
@pungent_stench I run whispers and I’ve experienced this several times. I just don’t cry that I spent time looking for them...