If MoM needs a nerf, suggest it

I like to hear almost all the killer mains cry about it but I want to hear their suggestion, because it's too easy to say that it needs a nerf but not how.

Comments

  • How about making it so it only works on last hook to prevent the tunneling it's meant to prevent

  • @PhantomMask20763 said:

    How about making it so it only works on last hook to prevent the tunneling it's meant to prevent

    Nice idea. What about if you die in your first hook?. Would you remove the aura too?

  • Meh. More like sidegrades so it's more for specific situations kinda like current DS rather than just being a general second chance perk. Kinda like how Adrenaline is a reward for good play rather than bad play despite having a lot in common with MoM and instaheals

  • Only gets stacks on body blocks

  • @Blueberry said:

    Only gets stacks on body blocks

    @Blueberry that's a good idea, imagine the synergy with WGLF.

  • Pretty much anything that doesn't involve a free hit.

  • Hmm... It needs a strong risk when its used in conjunction with similar perks, or deterrent to stack similar to unrelenting and stbfl.

    Works as is, minus the aura reading and gives permanent exhaustion or hindered (after the initial speed boost) for the rest of the match.

    Could also benefit the team rather than the user.

    When hit for a third time another survivor gains a temporary shield that absorbs a hit or..

    When another survivor would be downed after their first time, you take the damage for them and your aura is revealed until you're downed and become the obsession. This damage won't put you into the dying state.

  • Self borrowed time that gets activated after being unhooked.

  • @PhantomMask20763 said:

    How about making it so it only works on last hook to prevent the tunneling it's meant to prevent

    Naa, that's not nerfing it. That's just delaying the trigger. Same as someone who saved his okd DS back then for the end. Still broken.

  • @not_Queef said:

    Pretty much anything that doesn't involve a free hit.

    Then wouldn't be the same perk at before, just another one completely different. If you watched the series it has it's own sense as how it works

  • @not_Queef said:

    Pretty much anything that doesn't involve a free hit.

    Or at the very least have them earn it through pallet stubs or unhooks or successful chases. Not just standing there and getting whacked.

  • @Delfador said:

    Self borrowed time that gets activated after being unhooked.

    Then people would complain about survivors wearing that, deliverance and ds. That's a granted DC

  • Yeah, plus it encourages more team play if that's what the person is into. It's basically trading hits when you do want them in order to take a free hit later when you don't want it.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/408144#Comment_408144

    Then wouldn't be the same perk at before, just another one completely different. If you watched the series it has it's own sense as how it works

    The logic of a TV show is poor justification for the right to effect the balance of DBD’s core interaction mechanic between survivor and killer. It’s not earned, it’s given for being easier to hit.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/408098#Comment_408098

    Nice idea. What about if you die in your first hook?. Would you remove the aura too?

    If you die on first hook then oh well. You were a victim of circumstance and your own errors and want a guaranteed use out of it so you can stay in the match longer. That right there is bias. And I’m not trying to pick on you, nor am I picking on you. I’m just very passionate about this game and want to debate everything I feel is unbalanced in a polite and respectful way, so keep that in mind please. Butyou’re talking about whiny killer mains when you’re here defending this perk to the death despite all the good arguments against the perk.

    You die on your first hook? Shouldn’t have struggled if you planned on using the perk. No one saved you? Nothing you could do, it’s perfectly normal to have different life expectancies as survivor.

    That’s why it’s so appealing to people, they want to defy the odds but some people want to watch the world burn and break the balance of the game and disrespect anyone who thinks otherwise.

    No one would have a problem with this perk if it was EARNED through killer stuns, hook saves, sabotage actions, etc. but no it’s given to the guy getting smacked the most.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/408098#Comment_408098

    Nice idea. What about if you die in your first hook?. Would you remove the aura too?

    Probably yeah, remove the aura as well. If you die in your first hook oh well, itll be a situational perk and be honest with me, his often does a survivor die on their last hook? Like once or twice in 3 days depending on how much you play

  • Please don't mess with it yet...... the killerside will adapt... players always do...

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    Please don't mess with it yet...... the killerside will adapt... players always do...

    Is there a secret to adapt against MoM? I mean, I tried to use m2 as freddy or wraith all the time but I couldn't counter it. I just need to git gud, right? Eventually I will find out how to counter it, but let me guess: you not gonna tell me, right?

  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/408197#Comment_408197

    Is there a secret to adapt against MoM? I mean, I tried to use m2 as freddy or wraith all the time but I couldn't counter it. I just need to git gud, right? Eventually I will find out how to counter it, but let me guess: you not gonna tell me, right?

    unfortunatley the only thing remotely close to a strat is abusing feral frenzy as legion or using nurse, as well as ignoring players you suspect have it until the end of the match so they can’t use it. Yet again that’s flawed because it would be better to eat it early on, so it’s unnavoidable.