Emblems when you get tunneled the entire match
and still survive
and still survive
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Sounds about right.. What is the issue?
Maybe actually break the chase. There is no benefit to keeping the killer's attention all game aside from teammates getting all the gen points. If you want to rank being the sole target is about the worst way to do it.
You say that like it's a choice. You aren't going to break chase against a determined killer who is even slightly good at tracking.
You can if you want to, there are several perks that can help you with that aswell
@darktrix
There are plenty of ways to lose a killer. I capitalize on mind games and make the killer start searching again. Being good at looping isn't the same as winning chases.
The goal of DbD is not to lose a killer in a chase or to not get found, the goal is to survive. How players achieve this goal should be up to them (as long as they work, and don't hide in a corner of the map).
The tunneling thing is one reason why I am not a fan of the Emblem system. What I'd prefer was to make pipping bloodpoint-related again. And for that, to remove the 8k bp cap per category. That way, somebody who gets tunneled the entire game could get like 20k or more bloodpoints just in Boldness + Survival and still pip because of the high amount of bp.
@NoShinyPony I like removing the cap idea ๐๐๐โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ
Yep. When you hold LMB for whole game it requires a lot more skills than being chased and staying alive for that whole time.
+1
You're right. To survive. Not make a bunch of bp.
You can survive and win, but if you want to rank you play a specific way.
@Carpemortum: But let me ask this: What's the point of ranking up?
I've played several games with a rank system, the most recent two being Overwatch and Paladins.
In Overwatch, victory leads to SR gain which leads to ranking up. Additionally, you get Competitive Points for each victory toward purchasing Golden Weapon cosmetics for the Heroes.
In Paladins, there are skins and other rewards for playing Ranked and achieving certain ranks in the season.
Here? You rank up just to get longer lobbies and sweatier games.
Me? Screw rank. I'm still gray ranks, and I'm happy with that. All I want is BP at the end of a match. Getting Pips does absolutely nothing for me. No cosmetic rewards. No Perk rewards. No add-on or item rewards. Nothing. The only true reward in the game is BP for the bloodweb. Which means I get to play for fun and relax, since I'm getting BP either way.
I did ranked in Overwatch and Paladins in the past. I walked away from that mode of play over a year ago. I realized that worrying so much about rank in a video game, unless you actually have a chance to go Pro and make a living at the game, is just a useless and unhealthy place to be mentally. And I have better things to do with my time. Video games should be something fun to do. Yeah, we can be competitive and still have fun. But the way people worry about their ranks in certain games, you'd think it actually affected their lives and incomes.
There is no point in ranking up. There is no rank system here.
The only purpose is if you want to prove you're "the best" or achieve as high as you can.
So like I said. Goal is survival. Play to enjoy it.
Worry about bp and rank lastly. That's where so much salt comes from.
@Carpemortum: Totally agree. As far as BP, as a killer, I try to get about 15k base, which ends up a little more depending upon add-ons and if I'm running BBQ. I still have Killers to level up for Teachable, and I don't play everyday nor pound myself to be the best. Getting about 15k minimum a match is doable just playing relaxed. And with BBQ and such, I usually net about 23k-28k.
I figured out, with only a handful of matches at a time, and not playing every night, I'll average 10-14 days per Killer to level 40.
Oh, I know . . . some will look at my BP goals and laugh and tell me to git gud and all that jazz. But the thing is: I'm just playing for fun and relaxation. I'm not playing to git gud. I have other games for that when I'm in the mood, like Overwatch. Dead by Daylight just isn't that type of game for me.
@Carpemortum "You can survive and win, but if you want to rank you play a specific way."
That's the problem. If somebody plays well, they should rank up. That's how a ranking system should be designed.
What we have now: I find myself in a situation where I maxed one category, for example gen repair/Lightbringer. Finishing the last gen doesn't give me any bp or Emblem points anymore. So the system encurages me to not finish the gen and maybe go look for the killer, so that I can farm points in that category. That is contrary to what the game is supposed to be like (= find a way to finish gens and get out).
Try to like.... actually... break the chase? Instead of just nobrain looping?
@Nick What I wrote above: The goal of DbD is not to lose a killer in a chase or to not get found, the goal is to survive. How players achieve this goal should be up to them. If keeping the killer busy the entire game while the others do gens is the key to success, then the player should be rewarded for having success.
To everyone who thinks breaking a chase is impossible simply follow these steps.
-Equip Iron Will
-Equip a Flashlight
-Run to a pallet
-Get killer to break pallet
-Blind killer while in animation and sneak away
-Profit
On many maps there is a severe lack of line of sight breakers, even then it is mostly up to luck if you get away from a decent killer or if the killer simply decided to give up on you and chase easier prey. People get good at looping because it is reliable.
Is the goal escaping? Where's the ranking system for? The goal is to rank up!! (By losing the killer and being activate on all fronts instead of brainless pallet looping)