Let's discuss a way for survivors to spectate the killer.

Yes, you read that title correctly. I think that it would be great fun to have the option to spectate the killer after death. I understand that without careful consideration SWF groups could abuse this into the shadow realm, so . . .

Here's what I would do: The survivor still cannot see any killer perks. I don't care if we need a special HUD to block them or what, all that matters is that survivors cannot use this to get around the red anti-swf strip. Secondly the killer pov would have to be intentionally delayed, sort of like when you spectate a CS:GO game this way, any and all information that a SWF member tries to relay over comms is delayed to the point of not being useful.

So, what are your thoughts folks? Do you think if we blocked out the perks and delayed the perspective that we might somehow make this type of spectating un-abusable, or at least reduce the amount of abuse to negligible levels?

-------------------------------------------------

Well that idea crashed and burned. So allow me to ask for a different feature while I have you all here: coaching.

I think that it might help new players get into the game quicker if we had the option to coach a player who is requesting a coach.

All being a coach means is that you are volunterally spectating a survivor or killer (you get to choose which) and you can give them tips in game to improve their performance.

How does this idea sound folks?

Comments

  • There is no possible way that anyone at BHVR would ever allow anyone to spectate the killer in public matches, even though it is a current bug. If they did, there would be no killers period. It would be impossible to make it fair to the killer. The simple fact of seeing what the killer sees, and relaying that information to others, makes it unfair.

  • Knowing and allowing killer location to be broadcast to all remaining survivors.


    Seems good

  • I don't think its a good thing to implement. If you'd like to see pov of the killer, I think a video playback after the match completes would be the better option. Even with a delayed feed there are killers that would suffer (mainly trapper & hag)

  • I disagree.

    This can happen only if they implement a system that records the last 3 matches like league of legends. After the trial is over, you can spectate anybody you want. Other than that, it will be abused really hard.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Knowing and allowing killer location to be broadcast to all remaining survivors.

    Seems good

    But OoO and SWF seems fine aswell

  • @Kaelum said:

    There is no possible way that anyone at BHVR would ever allow anyone to spectate the killer in public matches, even though it is a current bug. If they did, there would be no killers period. It would be impossible to make it fair to the killer. The simple fact of seeing what the killer sees, and relaying that information to others, makes it unfair.

    You didnt read their whole post did you.

    They specifically said it would need a delay to prevent seeing the killers POV and abusing it in real time.

  • @Kaelum said:

    There is no possible way that anyone at BHVR would ever allow anyone to spectate the killer in public matches, even though it is a current bug. If they did, there would be no killers period. It would be impossible to make it fair to the killer. The simple fact of seeing what the killer sees, and relaying that information to others, makes it unfair.

    @Kaelum Thanks for the feedback! I must ask though, did you read the part where I mentioned that there would be a delay to counter the very problem you're describing?

  • I don't believe spectating the killer should ever happen regardless of any contingencies to prevent cheating, that is enabling cheating, people will just run to you and kill themself on hook, to watch you and report back to their friends, it's like pulling the ethernet but easy cheat strategies.

  • @Mr_K I understand the concern however a delay would be used to reduce the chances of any damage being dealt. The only unfortunate victim of such a feature would be insidious campers who have to stay still which in turn negates the lag.

    Though given community feedback over the years, insidious camping seems to be a niche practice that most people dislike anyway.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    I don't think its a good thing to implement. If you'd like to see pov of the killer, I think a video playback after the match completes would be the better option. Even with a delayed feed there are killers that would suffer (mainly trapper & hag)

    @DemonDaddy You're absolutely right. I failed to consider how this would affect killers that rely on traps that don't move regardless of a delay. Darn. Well I guess this idea is a lost cause then.

    It's a shame people would abuse this as I genuinely would like to see the killer's POV as it would offer ways for new players to learn how to counter the killer.

  • @Carpemortum @Peasant

    I read the entire post. A time delay still allows players to see how the killer is playing. Anything that allows the survivors to get information about the killer that they don’t get while playing the match is an unfair advantage. Don’t assume things that you don’t know.

  • There actually is a bug ingame that allows you to spectate the killer. Have noticed it multiple times now after inspecting when the last person got sacrificed.

  • @Kaelum said:

    @Carpemortum @Peasant

    I read the entire post. A time delay still allows players to see how the killer is playing. Anything that allows the survivors to get information about the killer that they don’t get while playing the match is an unfair advantage. Don’t assume things that you don’t know.

    @Kaelum

    So did you not see where devs will NOT ban for streamsniping?

    So implementing one with a time delay would be preferable to what is currently accepted?

    Also, I said what I did because you as many others simply posted about why it wouldn't work while ignoring points that would say otherwise. You could have said any view is unacceptable (which per the devs streamsniping isnt), but you didnt.

    Dont get snippy hon. Think your arguements through before responding defensively.

    <3

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/393489#Comment_393489

    @Kaelum

    So did you not see where devs will NOT ban for streamsniping?

    So implementing one with a time delay would be preferable to what is currently accepted?

    Also, I said what I did because you as many others simply posted about why it wouldn't work while ignoring points that would say otherwise. You could have said any view is unacceptable (which per the devs streamsniping isnt), but you didnt.

    Dont get snippy hon. Think your arguements through before responding defensively.

    <3

    @Carpemortum I hadn't thought about it like that, that's a good point! If streamers can so whatever then why can't everyone if there is a delay put in place?

    At the very least it might stop the streamers from whining about stream sniping.

  • A delay is still too risky for any Hex Perks.

    You can have a 30-second delay even, but if they see the Killer pass the Hex Totem, they'll find out its location.

    Heck, if the Killer just looks at their Hex Totem aura, they'll see it.

  • @Boss said:

    A delay is still too risky for any Hex Perks.

    You can have a 30-second delay even, but if they see the Killer pass the Hex Totem, they'll find out its location.

    Heck, if the Killer just looks at their Hex Totem aura, they'll see it.

    Then let's push to have streamsniping bannable?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/393695#Comment_393695

    No. Streaming and advertising your stream is your own decision and you need to be responsible for your actions. If you don't like getting stream sniped don't advertise your twitch or don't stream at all.

    That's like saying well, you advertised that you were going to the dark alley, so of COURSE they knew you were alone. Doesnt make a robbery right.


    Streaming or not, using an advantage outside of the games intended mechanics is CHEATING. if you pull up a stream, to find the killer, and play around them, justify it however you want, it's cheating with an unfair advantage.


    Now streamers have to be held liable for other people exploiting the system while they're simply trying to play/do their job?

    FOH with that bs arguement.

  • Streaming is at your own risk. Nobody can expect to livestream a game and not be streamsniped at some point.

    Like said before, post-game recordings would be possible. Simply let everyone chose in the game settings if he wants to participate in this or not. If they opt-in, great. If not, other players simply cannot watch the recordings of that player.

  • On the first idea I have to disagree, even with a delay survivors could still abuse it.

    About the new idea you can already kinda do it in KYF, or if you want to do it the way you were talking about I still think it should only be in private matches, in public matches it could be distracting and cause a de-pip

  • It'd be cool but I don't think the devs would actually consider it

  • I remember spectating the killer and I thought it was an intended feature and I was like, "Oh god ..." and thought it a lapse in judgement. Luckily it was just a lapse of programming skill.

  • @Carpemortum

    So did you not see where devs will NOT ban for streamsniping?

    This threat had nothing at all to do with stream sniping, or any rule violations, and I never brought anything like that up. Both are off-topic, so I will not discuss anything about either.

    So implementing one with a time delay would be preferable to what is currently accepted?

    I never discussed a time delay simply because of what I've already stated. A time delay would do nothing about traps, totems, knowing how the killer is playing, where he is looking, what he is looking for, etc. That, and everything else that I didn't list, would put the killer at an EXTREME disadvantage.

    Also, I said what I did because you as many others simply posted about why it wouldn't work while ignoring points that would say otherwise. You could have said any view is unacceptable (which per the devs streamsniping isnt), but you didnt.

    Dont get snippy hon. Think your arguements through before responding defensively.

    <3

    And this is where you cross the line and become a TROLL. I will no longer discuss anything with you on this thread. Any further attempts to contact me will be reported as trolling attempts. Good day.