Camping the hatch
Is camping the hatch reportable or in any shape or form punishable?
The killer get a penalty if they camp a hook.
What about survivors giving up on the team and only camping the hatch?
It's unfun and unfair for everyone. The same reasons why hook camping get point penalties.
What are your experience with hatch campers and how would you resolve it?
Edit:
I don't mean hatch standoffs, that a beast on its own.
I am talking about a survivor doing nothing but camping around the hatch, waiting for all his other survivors either to die or finish all gens and open the gates.
Contributing nothing to the game.
Comments
It's not reportable nor punishable. Well, unless you're playing the killer, and then it's punishable.
I would give the killer blood points for finding the hatch and maybe a increase if they defend it but then I guess that means we are camping the hatch π erm I think some kinda blood point bonus like for the killer for finding the hatch before the survouir and the survouirs get bonus points for finding it before the killer might stop the hiding give insentive to find it quickly
I'm so stubborn. I just stand there covered in crows looking like the pigeon lady from Home Alone 2. I just go on my phone and watch YouTube videos until the killer finally decides to back up or hit me once. π
I've seen both sides I've been sold out by others while playing solo more times than I care to remember as they found the hatch. I stay struggle as long as possible hope the killer finds them.. one time a bubba did and he waited carrying them I died then he moried them super happy times lol
Also spent 20 minutes in game waiting for a hatch escape more times than I care to remember lol
Throw a pebble to avoid killer hatch camping
You are talking about teammates who don't work and just stay close the hatch, right? It's not reportable. You can use Bond to check where your mates are and what they are doing. If somebody is doing nothing, you could go to them and do the "come with me" gesture. Some survs might come with you then and repair a gen.
Yes @BACKSTABBER but pepple not meta so I run pepple it helps me so much its unreal and I'm not trolling promise
Most the time if they are wanting hatch no amount of you trying to get them to help you will work because any danger they head back to the hatch regardless
Ur too greedy to spend a perk slot with Diversion (the pebble), but I'm too lol
I wish we had more perk slotz
@BACKSTABBER Make the pebble base kit.
All though I think some kinda blood point motivation for killer to defend the area maybe not the actual hatch maybe a timed one for survouir to encourage finding hatch quicker
Maybe could be like a control zone if a certain person or both are in the zone around the hatch holding it they get blood points?
Definitely think points should be rewarded for who ever finds the hatch first.
I don't mean hatch standoffs, that a beast on its own.
I am talking about a survivor doing nothing but camping around the hatch, waiting for all his other survivors either to die or finish all gens and open the gates.
Contributing nothing to the game.
Removing blood points would be the only solution but still probably won't if someone wants to play like that they will πthere's not much insentive to be a team player I think it classes under unsporting behaviour tho personally
Camping hatch is ok. Survivors are meant to survive, doesnt matter how they achieve it (morally at least). Hatch standoffs are not ok and should be fixed.
Maybe a reverse capture zone for every 30 seconds or what ever time frame is decent and fair to all... a survouir says around unavailable hatch while team mates are dieing or doing gens they are penalised blood points not rewarded hatch finder blood point bonus nor can get hatch escape bonus? If they brought in a capture zone type thing it could regestor who's in in when and how long for so just theory's and want to get ideas and fixes for these things
True each to their own play style but if your team is trying and your waiting on the hatch I don't think it's decent play style clearly does @Cymer.. I have no way to counter that! love new ds for the sandbags and farming hooks I receive π so hopefully a new change might provent this behaviour who knows
You're not entitled to the free hatch escape, it's not reportable.
I do however don't care for all 4 kills so I'll typically give the hatch rather than do a stand off.
As Plague I did have a good laugh throwing up on a survivor for a minute before giving them the hatch xD
@Cymer
"Is camping the hatch reportable or in any shape or form punishable? "
No, camping is not reportable.
Some survivor mains claim "hatchcamping" to be "taking the game hostage", but that is not true, because the survivor could still do gens and open the gates.
Survivor have the advantage in hatch stand offs anyway, so how could they complain?
Hatch stand offs are just won by the most stubborn player.
plus the games not that hard that you have to camp the hatch while your team works and dies around you...or am I missing something?
Devs have a policy of "no-step-back" so forget about any perk transformed into base
I wish we had moar perk slotz
Why is the hatch still in the game? It's 2019, Y'all don't need a free escape just because you got 2 gens done.
Extra perk slots would hurt the game, not help
Never mind.
There is no camping of the hatch. There is a point in the game where you enter hatch standoff. You're not supposed to see the hatch as a free escape. It's supposed to be a last resort and the game is played properly when the killer works to deny you any means of escape to the best of their ability. If a killer is standing on the hatch when you are trying to use all you can do is wait for them to get bored and move. As a killer main eventually we will have to move as right now an endless game is the worst case scenario. Or you could cause a distraction that forces them to move. Do a gen, drop and vault palettes. Hatch is supposed to be high risk escape and honestly shouldn't even be in the game anymore.