Favorite horror game

Name your favorite horror game, other than DBD


I'll start, Outlast 1

Comments

  • My favorite horror game would have to be the original Outlast. No other game can ever compete against what they did in that game. >:)

  • @Chaotic_Riddle That is one of the few horror games that actually messed with me mentally, I ran out of batteries on one of the really dark parts and heard footsteps, it scared the hell out of me, but the ending is quite nice tho

  • I think mine is Alien: Isolation

    It's so creepy, and the Alien's AI is really good.

    One time I almost shat my pants due to a glitch, it was on the day I received it as a gift and I was playing with my cousins right behind me.

  • Alien Isolation and Amnesia The Dark Descent. Outlast did scare me, but I didnt enjoy it (too unrelenting). It was also too predictable.

    The Laat of Us is an amazing game. But the "horror" part of it isnt what makes it good.

  • @PigNRun

    Alien: Isolation was amazing.

    Also, Laat

  • I need the Freddy darn picture.

  • @GrootDude said:

    I need the Freddy darn picture.

    image.png


  • 641DC4DF-CB66-436E-B9DA-BE5304B13FE2.png

    Dbd is bae and I don’t like any other horror games.

  • My favorite would have to be Minecraft.

    Let me explain.


    I usually play alone in a dark room. Then I decide to go in a cave with the hard difficulty on. Here I am expecting a moderately chill experience, then the music changes into something creepy and scary.

    And then I hear the sound of a Creeper beginning to explode.

  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent

    Like... it gave me some of the best gaming memories of my life !

    I will never forget how "immersed" i was when seeing the Brute wandering on this southern bridge's level.

    Like it honestly took me 10 min to go throught this small part of this level LUL

    pp,550x550.u1.jpg


  • @Shad03 said:

    My favorite would have to be Minecraft.

    Let me explain.

    I usually play alone in a dark room. Then I decide to go in a cave with the hard difficulty on. Here I am expecting a moderately chill experience, then the music changes into something creepy and scary.

    And then I hear the sound of a Creeper beginning to explode.

    Here is a fun story with me and my friends in Minecraft also they call me bad juju now. So every time in the morning I walk out of my house a creeper blows up, I don’t finish fixing it I stay in theirs in the morning I have one of my friends see if it’s safe it is so I leave and sssssssss boom. They don’t trust me anymore.😂

  • @TreemanXD DARN

    Seriously Minecraft can be horrifying.

  • I also have to say that Outlast is my favorite. I have clocked in a lot of hours in that game. I always try to do Insane Mode speed runs. Never really works out, though. Usually end up finishing in 1.5 hours. Still haven't beaten Whistleblower on Insane, sadly.

  • I like FiVe nIgHtS aT fReDdY's!!!

    Ok I kinda do like the game, the story is nice but I really like the original outlast, it scared me so freaking much!!!

  • Until dawn or the last of us

  • Silent Hill was pretty good...also RE Biohazard was up there. Until Dawn gets another vote plus it had lots of replay value.

  • Welcome to The Game 1 and 2.

  • Friday the 13th.

  • Alien isolation and I haven't even finished it yet. Lol other ones I like would have to be monsturm.

  • @A_Crow said:

    Friday the 13th.

    My heart would always pump when I was driving the car.

  • My favourite horror game?

    SOMA, without a doubt, this game is amazing.

  • I don't really have a large collection of other Horror games. I have The Forest, Slender the Arrival, and Amnesia the Dark Descent. I don't really play Amnesia all that much and The Forest feels more like a survival game. So, naturally I'll say that Slender the Arrival is my favorite horror game. Besides, the Chaser on the level, "Into the Abyss" reminds me a lot of the Legion.

  • @Peasant said:

    I don't really have a large collection of other Horror games. I have The Forest, Slender the Arrival, and Amnesia the Dark Descent. I don't really play Amnesia all that much and The Forest feels more like a survival game. So, naturally I'll say that Slender the Arrival is my favorite horror game. Besides, the Chaser on the level, "Into the Abyss" reminds me a lot of the Legion.

    same here (spoiler alert: That is who you are searching for)

  • stubbs the zombie

  • Resident Evil and Zombie Army Trilogy

  • The Calling (Wii), Fatal Frame and Silent Hill. Gotta watch the gameplay of "welcome to the game", saw some streams but they never reached to the ending

  • @Plu said:

    My favourite horror game?

    SOMA, without a doubt, this game is amazing.

    I just started playing that game I love it so far:)

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/380161#Comment_380161

    same here (spoiler alert: That is who you are searching for)

    @Hoodedfengm1nI already beat the game, you can't spoil me!

  • This Category is Still lacking Heavily sadly .


    The First Silent Hill was amazing

    I was looking forward to Silent Hill P.T But it was Canceled.


    You've got Resident Evil then a Bunch of Zombie apocalypse Games wannabe all just a copy Boring .. no Creativity .. like Dying light , Dead Island , Left 4 Dead , Dead nation , Days Gone and even Other games like COD added a Zombie game mode .. Not Original. ( even I played them all except COD and Days gone)


    my Fav was RE3 Nemsis .


    Outlast ... it's Alright not scary.


    Alien Isolation ( I only got it to support Sega and Stopped in Chapter 5 it's not that Scary and Rather Slow .. bugged)


    There is this game that I just finished Recently it was too Short but I enjoyed playing it Called Remothered Tormented Fathers While it's not that Scary I like the Stealth mechanic . And the 3rd person View It's also a new Company so I'd support it . Its price was reasonable too.


    There are a Few horror games that caught my attention . Yet I dislike 1st Person horror Games with Cheap Jumpscares.


    Visage ( Kind of What Silent hill P.T looked like nothing scary)


    The Cursed forest ( an indie horror Game / the atmosphere of the forest looks chilling but there's not much scare)


    Forbidden Siren is worth a mention too . I wanna say another ######### zombie game but it's somewhat different it has its own charm.


    Meanwhile still looking for something With a Real Scare .

  • My favourite horror game is The Long Dark. I am personally a great fan of this game because I like to play survival games because I think they are close to reality. After playing this game too much I came to practice different survival skills in this game. I want to share those points which I gathered from my personal experience to remain alive in the game.

    1 Navigation is the key in this game.

    2 Manage the resources.

    3 Set up Camp and be efficient.

    4 Prioritize tasks.

    These are some general tips I want to give from my experience. Other than this, I want to say be creative and enjoy this game because only the tough one survives.

  • Silent Hill: The Room is my favourite, as it's been the only game that, when released, has ever made me feel true horror in games. Even releases like Outlast or Alien:Isolation have not given me that sense of real horror that game did.

    There are a lot I like, but special mention goes to the lesser-known game "The Cat Lady". That game had a lot of horror in it, and approached some very dark themes such as cancer, suicide and depression with such delicacy, without watering it down.

  • @FayeZahara said:

    stubbs the zombie

    ######### yeah! Thank you, for remembering and honoring that classic! :'>


    Fatal Frame for me. That ######### is just unnerving and creepy as #########.

  • Hard to say I've played all silent hills except for PSP ports and The Room,same goes for all resident evils while I've played each on except for 6 and revelations ,there's way too many to say I have one and these are just the ones on main stream,siren is pretty creepy from what I understand I've only played a demo but it is pretty terrifying. There's so many original title that came out on ps1 and ps2 in the 90s, but the Silent Hill franchise is definitely my favorite.

  • My all-time favorite is The Last Of Us. I've replayed 15 times. It's so good.

    Resident Evil 2 Remake and Resident Evil 7 are also very good.

  • The Last of Us or Amnesia.

    When I first encountered clickers in TLOU, I was so damn scared and moved like a turtle to get past them. And as for Amnesia, I never got used to the monsters. They scared me every single time lmao.

  • Either The Last of Us or The Last of Us Part II. Both are games that should be played by everyone, and definitely take the place of best Playstation exclusives.

  • Outlast is god tier, I love watching someone else play it through for the first time.