For all my immersive stealthy random potatoe mates

Comments

  • I couldn't care less. I survive more often than my aggressive team mates and I'll stick to that.

  • @DocOctober said:

    I couldn't care less. I survive more often than my aggressive team mates and I'll stick to that.

    Cuz you avoid the killer and avoid commiting finishing gens just so you can get the hatch lol

  • There's a lot of cocky survivors out there who refuse to hide. I've even seen some nicknames/profile descriptions stating "if you use UE I won't unhook you".

    Clearly a sign of a faulty power balance. With near-infinites, pallet countries and SWF comms, some of them can actually pull off a chase long enough for 3-4 gens. Only question is, who at BHVR thought it's a good idea to kill the horror aspect of the game?

  • although just trying to get chased is very unhealthy-toxic it does have some merit to at least not playing as immersive and get in some chases. I know a friend who has 900+ hours but still sucks at chases bc he just plays immersed. But it's not good to literally seek out the killer. Plus immersion can be used in a chase to break LOS and hide so immersion plus being decent at chases is a good combo

  • Sometimes playing stealth its a good strategy but yeah i think/prefer playing aggressive. Be chased its my favorite part of the game, idk why someone its happy to play stealth, i mean its just boring, do gens and crouch around the map wasting time.

  • Being good at chases and being able to lose the killer is a sweet spot.

  • @xChrisx said:

    Sometimes playing stealth its a good strategy but yeah i think/prefer playing aggressive. Be chased its my favorite part of the game, idk why someone its happy to play stealth, i mean its just boring, do gens and crouch around the map wasting time.

    You nailed the word "SOMETIMES", for example against a good nurse or in dead zones while getting chased to lose the killer

  • @Eveline said:

    Being good at chases and being able to lose the killer is a sweet spot.

    Losing the Killer is needed, especially in dead zones. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against stealth in any situation. I use stealth in important situations like beeing injured in a dead zone. Not always, but sometimes.

  • @xChrisx said:

    Sometimes playing stealth its a good strategy but yeah i think/prefer playing aggressive. Be chased its my favorite part of the game, idk why someone its happy to play stealth, i mean its just boring, do gens and crouch around the map wasting time.

    Some people enjoy playing in a way that requires more forethought than just memorizing all the loop spots and waste time by using them. To each their own.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374973#Comment_374973

    Losing the Killer is needed, especially in dead zones. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against stealth in any situation. I use stealth in important situations like beeing injured in a dead zone. Not always, but sometimes.

    I understand.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374971#Comment_374971

    Some people enjoy playing in a way that requires more forethought than just memorizing all the loop spots and waste time by using them. To each their own.

    Everyone to his own, but I think most who play super immersive are just new players or players who are quite bad at chasing and never tried to learn how to get chased long. They stay in the comfort zone. It may be fun to play immersive for them. But I'm quite sure they would have more fun with more interactive gameplay against killers in a direkt 1v1 confrontation (if they get better ofc)

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374986#Comment_374986

    Everyone to his own, but I think most who play super immersive are just new players or players who are quite bad at chasing and never tried to learn how to get chased long. They stay in the comfort zone. It may be fun to play immersive for them. But I'm quite sure they would have more fun with more interactive gameplay against killers in a direkt 1v1 confrontation (if they get better ofc)

    I have fun ending chases ASAP, rather than by looping the killer indefinitely. People who play stealthily enjoy stealth more than the alternative. I'm not sure why you're assuming your way is somehow superior.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374989#Comment_374989

    I have fun ending chases ASAP, rather than by looping the killer indefinitely. People who play stealthily enjoy stealth more than the alternative. I'm not sure why you're assuming your way is somehow superior.

    Not superior, just more fun. It's just my experience how I played the game since release.

    At the beginning I played super immersive and was scared. I got caught fast when found. So I thought I have more fun playing immersive.

    Over the time I got better and better at getting chased and I had more and more fun with that up to the point that I have more fun getting chased (even when I get downed quick) than playing immersive.

    Now I play the super efficient playstyle using as less pallets as possible, which is can be really intense compared to using one pallet after another just to get not hit (besides it creates dead zones ######### over my mates and myself later on)

    You know what I'm trying to say? Ofc everyone is different, but I think those who prefer stealth were never to the point they could compare it with getting chased because they aren't that good at it.

  • Immersive is pointless now if you're looking to rank up anyways with the new rank system.

    You need a healthy middleground.

    You need to take chases and survive to get out. Otherwise boldness won't pip and you won't move in ranking.

  • Nothing worse than having 3 attention-whoring teammates that refuse to do gens and instead desperately try to get the Killers attention. Do what's best for the team.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374994#Comment_374994

    Not superior, just more fun. It's just my experience how I played the game since release.

    At the beginning I played super immersive and was scared. I got caught fast when found. So I thought I have more fun playing immersive.

    Over the time I got better and better at getting chased and I had more and more fun with that up to the point that I have more fun getting chased (even when I get downed quick) than playing immersive.

    Now I play the super efficient playstyle using as less pallets as possible, which is can be really intense compared to using one pallet after another just to get not hit (besides it creates dead zones ######### over my mates and myself later on)

    You know what I'm trying to say? Ofc everyone is different, but I think those who prefer stealth were never to the point they could compare it with getting chased because they aren't that good at it.

    Exactly, it's your experience. Your preference. I can juke killers just fine, yet I still choose to play stealthily because I enjoy it more than looping. Looping is equally boring while I'm playing survivor and killer.

  • Lol, just the thumbnail alone repels me from clicking it.

    "Hey, you might be having fun doing stealth, but it's actually stupid asf. Play like us or you're doing it wrong."

  • I enjoy stealth but by no means am I THAT terrible in a chase. It's better I run Immersive Evasion then to crouch without it. Fun is highly subjective and while I can understand that teammates crouching all the time is frustrating to you, they want to... I dunno, not be seen at all, perhaps? I've once played an entire match without being seen, doing generators out of sight (I run Bond so I know when I should be stealth or not). All the aggressive teammates were killed one by one while I was a gen jockey or saving those that I had to.

    I myself walk or run if I know the killer cannot possibly see me. However, the problem with aggressive play is that most likely gonna get yourself or someone else killed. I can't tell you how many people died because they made the mistake of thinking they could loop me.

  • @GraviteaUK said:

    Immersive is pointless now if you're looking to rank up anyways with the new rank system.

    You need a healthy middleground.

    You need to take chases and survive to get out. Otherwise boldness won't pip and you won't move in ranking.

    Yes.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Sometimes it is wise to get killer's attention to save teammates when u didn't get hooked more than once. So better learn how to loop as well at least for 1-2 gens running. Only stealth with urban n cabinets away from BBQ is just waiting for the hatch with sacrificing 3 teammates. I do understand their playing cause it is also part of the game but stealth is smarter I can't agree with that at all.

    I stealth and still repair generators, perform safe hook rescues (real rescues, not "rescues" where you just use BT or whatever and pin the killer on the guy you just unhooked), win chases, and escape through the doors along with 2-3 of my fellow survivors.

    Sure, sometimes only I make it through the hatch, but it's not my problem the others don't know how to win chases, nor is it my problem they fail at stealth in the first place.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375040#Comment_375040

    Even i do stealth sometimes and i actually don't know how things go over there in NA. Overhere Koreans play really aggressive. They play this game to loop for 5 gens. At the same time, Japanese they play like Ninjas with urban and iron will stuff. We don't understand each other's playing style n yes same story goes on in our DBD communities. Im Korean n i also learned how to play this game from Korean streamers who rarely do stealth. Im not calling which is superior i just want to say both ways in proper situations will be the best.

    I'm in Europe. Over here we have a mixture of playstyles.

  • @Eveline said:

    Being good at chases and being able to lose the killer is a sweet spot.

    This^ and being able to avoid a chase so you can finish a gen,get the totem, get a true safe unhook.

  • Well if you are good playing agresive is better, but only because most survivors are potatoes and will go down immediately. By chasing you - at least medium with loops and not wasting pallets - killer has to invest much time just for one hook.

    If everyone played stealthy this would be much better tho. Killer not chasing is wasting time and not breaking pallets. Even Doc, pig hag and Meyrs are stealthable.

  • ^^ this

    I have had just as many try and run the killer thinking they are good and fail instantly going down with 5 gens still to go, eventally leaving 3 gens with 2 players.

    Immersed players help the good runners, they also do gens, it's called balance.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374917#Comment_374917

    Cuz you avoid the killer and avoid commiting finishing gens just so you can get the hatch lol

    Why not? My survival is what ultimately matters to me. You're nothing but a tool to get there and if it's obvious that a game will end with a Hatch escape, I take that.

  • @DocOctober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374943#Comment_374943

    Why not? My survival is what ultimately matters to me. You're nothing but a tool to get there and if it's obvious that a game will end with a Hatch escape, I take that.

    Pretty selfish, so you don't take the killers attention and get a single time hooked so other mates who are death on next hook are saved? Hopefully you are never my team mate lol. What a terrible playstyle.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375086#Comment_375086

    Pretty selfish, so you don't take the killers attention and get a single time hooked so other mates who are death on next hook are saved? Hopefully you are never my team mate lol. What a terrible playstyle.

    I think it's smart not to willingly get yourself hooked. Says a lot about the balance of the game when handing yourself over to the killer can be seen as a winning strategy.

  • Everybody can play how they want.

    That being said, if the goal is not your personal survival but to have as many survs survive as possible, then "aggressive" is more efficient.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375132#Comment_375132

    I think it's smart not to willingly get yourself hooked. Says a lot about the balance of the game when handing yourself over to the killer can be seen as a winning strategy.

    It's just smart play mixing the tracks of an injured mate who is death on hook till the killer loses him and comits to chase you instead. I don't know what that is saying about balance of the game, you are not supposed to die on your first hook (unless it's a rev-camping Bubba) so why not.

    (Btw don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that DbD is overall balanced. I still think that survivors are controlling the match most of the time when they want to and are to powerful in terms of pumping gens.)

  • Why some people say playing stealthy is useless and assume the people who play that way is doing nothing and just hidding?

    I'm a stealthy survivor and I do gens and approach to a hooked mate when it's safe to save him/her. I don't know why I'm useless for the team.

    Of course there are people who hide all the trial waiting the dead of their mates and get the hatch, but they are the immense minority.

  • @IamFran said:

    Why some people say playing stealthy is useless and assume the people who play that way is doing nothing and just hidding?

    I'm a stealthy survivor and I do gens and approach to a hooked mate when it's safe to save him/her. I don't know why I'm useless for the team.

    Of course there are people who hide all the trial waiting the dead of their mates and get the hatch, but they are the immense minority.

    Because most people don't understand what stealth is. They think it's just a Claudette with the darkest outfits sitting in a dark corner or in tall grass, when it's actually the most complex playstyle you can use.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374917#Comment_374917

    Cuz you avoid the killer and avoid commiting finishing gens just so you can get the hatch lol

    Beat me to it, you forgot to add that they want to be in this thread talking about how their way is equally great because "it's a play preference and no style is better than another". That would be true if they take the game as only being about surviving individually and not as a team, which apparently it is to players like them. I could make an essay of ranting about how many times I've played games where 1-2 gens were left and the game wouldve been long done with at least 3 people alive if they actually did gens and stopped stealthing across the whole map. They're just too busy trying to ensure their own survival to be useful for objectives. They literally break teamwork. For example: If we could all survive with 2 people trying to help the person on their last hook while the hyper immersive player is trusted to finish 1-2 gens and given the time to do so, it sucks that I have too many games where I have to leave the other two and start working on gens because the other dim dim is scared of the terror radius near them. This thread is reminding me that I need to go back to running bond so I can spot these people earlier on and stalk them to work with me if possible.

  • Stealthy =/= Useless

    Stealth and Gens is a fav strategy of mine. Just because I won't save your ass doesn't mean I'm a bad teammate, as while you're all going for the unsafe save I'll be the one with the gates open ready to welcome you like ######### Gabriel at the gates of heaven lol

  • @IamFran said:

    Why some people say playing stealthy is useless and assume the people who play that way is doing nothing and just hidding?

    I'm a stealthy survivor and I do gens and approach to a hooked mate when it's safe to save him/her. I don't know why I'm useless for the team.

    Of course there are people who hide all the trial waiting the dead of their mates and get the hatch, but they are the immense minority.

    I think "useless" is just a term people use, in reality they meant to say "not optimal enough"

  • @Kurisataru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374943#Comment_374943

    Beat me to it, you forgot to add that they want to be in this thread talking about how their way is equally great because "it's a play preference and no style is better than another". That would be true if they take the game as only being about surviving individually and not as a team, which apparently it is to players like them. I could make an essay of ranting about how many times I've played games where 1-2 gens were left and the game wouldve been long done with at least 3 people alive if they actually did gens and stopped stealthing across the whole map. They're just too busy trying to ensure their own survival to be useful for objectives.

    And I could make an essay ranting about how many times everyone could've gotten out if only they'd sat down and fixed generators instead of trolling the killer and getting themselves killed in the process, leaving me to fix two generators and escape through the hatch.

    Not doing generators is the problem. Not doing generators is not stealth. Hiding (by itself) is not stealth. Stealth is not the problem.

  • @VESSEL said:

    Stealthy =/= Useless

    Stealth and Gens is a fav strategy of mine. Just because I won't save your ass doesn't mean I'm a bad teammate, as while you're all going for the unsafe save I'll be the one with the gates open ready to welcome you like ######### Gabriel at the gates of heaven lol

    With useless many are trying to say "not optimal enough", which can make a huge difference against a strong killer

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375181#Comment_375181

    With useless many are trying to say "not optimal enough", which can make a huge difference against a strong killer

    Genrush is the most optimal way to play, as proven over and over again.

  • Having a healthy balance of stealth and chasing is just better in my opinion, but most survivors think that looping is the only viable strategy and then complain that they can't lose a killer because they just loop for an entire minute. I get in some situations looping can be good but looping just wastes time the killer will eventually get you. The priority should be to get out of the chase not prolong the chase

  • @IamFran said:

    Why some people say playing stealthy is useless and assume the people who play that way is doing nothing and just hidding?

    I'm a stealthy survivor and I do gens and approach to a hooked mate when it's safe to save him/her. I don't know why I'm useless for the team.

    Of course there are people who hide all the trial waiting the dead of their mates and get the hatch, but they are the immense minority.

    @IamFran You are mostly correct.

    Unfortunately, those players who are hiding most of the game (not normal stealth players) are not that small a minority. I play a lot of solo surv and I see them all the time.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375192#Comment_375192

    Genrush is the most optimal way to play, as proven over and over again.

    Well, guess what immersive survivors not do: yep, not rushing gens. Slowly crouching to a gen, as soon they hear heart beat they lag away not commiting, don't have enough experience at chasing and go early down and give killer huge momentum etc etc

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375195#Comment_375195

    Well, guess what immersive survivors not do: yep, not rushing gens. Slowly crouching to a gen, as soon they hear heart beat they lag away not commiting, don't have enough experience at chasing and go early down and give killer huge momentum etc etc

    Guess what "aggressive" survivors don't do either? Yup, generators.

    Not doing generators is not part of playing stealthily, period.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375192#Comment_375192

    Genrush is the most optimal way to play, as proven over and over again.

    Until now with the ranking changes.

    Rush gens = No altruism and not boldness, So no ranking.

    Sure you will get out and "win" but if ranking up is your goal, it won't get you far.

  • @GraviteaUK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375195#Comment_375195

    Until now with the ranking changes.

    Rush gens = No altruism and not boldness, So no ranking.

    Sure you will get out and "win" but if ranking up is your goal, it won't get you far.

    I play survivor to survive and killer to kill. All other concerns are irrelevant.

  • You guys obviously talk about different things. There is a difference between being smartly immersed and Meghead urban evading at the edges of the map whenever spine chill activates.

  • @GraviteaUK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375195#Comment_375195

    Until now with the ranking changes.

    Rush gens = No altruism and not boldness, So no ranking.

    Sure you will get out and "win" but if ranking up is your goal, it won't get you far.

    @GraviteaUK No surv is going to pip with the new system. You don't even pip with 4x Gold.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375237#Comment_375237

    Guess what "aggressive" survivors don't do either? Yup, generators.

    Not doing generators is not part of playing stealthily, period.

    I think you have a different interpretation of "aggressive" than me, cuz it seems like you see "aggressive gameplay" as all 4 survivors are hovering around the killer looping and clicking the flashlight, bodyblocking etc etc.

    Aggressive gameplay is already when you commit on a gen which is nearly done in exchange of getting injured. Just fyi.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375241#Comment_375241

    @GraviteaUK No surv is going to pip with the new system. You don't even pip with 4x Gold.

    Explain how did I double pipped then.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375241#Comment_375241

    I play survivor to survive and killer to kill. All other concerns are irrelevant.

    If that's the case your quote regarding rushing gens in my eyes is incorrect.

    Playing with the sole intent of finishing the game as soon as possible and stagnating on the same rank repeatedly is stale, personally i wouldn't consider that optimal anymore. I can only hope BVHR introduce some sort of rank incentive so gen rush dies.

    So i wouldn't say it's proven anything other than you got out which is not really all that difficult, on average most killers will get 2-3 kills per game and even if they do get all three before you can finish the rush you still have the pity hatch.

  • @Eveline Aaah, don't be that exact. I also got a double pip yesterday. But it was only possible because it was an extraordinary game for which you need a combination of another decent survivor, a bad killer and 2 extremely bad survivors. Usually, matches aren't like that.

    The point is, whether you can pip depends on the killer and your teammates.

  • You can't tell anyone what is more fun to do because fun is subjective for each person.

    For example I'll never understand camping killers because I can't imagine a more boring game than watching a hook for the majority of a match. But if that's what floats their boat then let them camp.

    If people have more fun playing immersive style then they have more fun playing immersive style. End of story.

‹ 1 2