For all my immersive stealthy random potatoe mates

Comments

  • @GraviteaUK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375244#Comment_375244

    If that's the case your quote regarding rushing gens in my eyes is incorrect.

    Playing with the sole intent of finishing the game as soon as possible and stagnating on the same rank repeatedly is stale, personally i wouldn't consider that optimal anymore. I can only hope BVHR introduce some sort of rank incentive so gen rush dies.

    So i wouldn't say it's proven anything other than you got out which is not really all that difficult, on average most killers will get 2-3 kills per game and even if they do get all three before you can finish the rush you still have the pity hatch.

    It's really not. The best way for me to escape isn't to hope that the killer catches the other survivors before they catch me. I'm not a very good survivor, you know. My best hope is to open the gates and GTFO, which I can only do by repairing generators.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    You can't tell anyone what is more fun to do because fun is subjective for each person.

    For example I'll never understand camping killers because I can't imagine a more boring game than watching a hook for the majority of a match. But if that's what floats their boat then let them camp.

    If people have more fun playing immersive style then they have more fun playing immersive style. End of story.

    When a killer is extremely good and gets hos 4ks consistently without camping and tunneling BUT still decides to camp cuz that's more fun then fair enough you would have a point.

    But 100% killers who camp are either

    1. Bad and can't win otherwise

    2. Are revenging a T-bagging toxic survivor

    3. Have no other choice (endgame)

    I don't know a single person who's an extremely good killer but still decides to camp just because it's more fun gameplay for him.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375256#Comment_375256

    @Eveline Aaah, don't be that exact. I also got a double pip yesterday. But it was only possible because it was an extraordinary game for which you need a combination of another decent survivor, a bad killer and 2 extremely bad survivors. Usually, matches aren't like that.

    The point is, whether you can pip depends on the killer and your teammates.

    But you said it is impossible to pip.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375274#Comment_375274

    When a killer is extremely good and gets hos 4ks consistently without camping and tunneling BUT still decides to camp cuz that's more fun then fair enough you would have a point.

    But 100% killers who camp are either

    1. Bad and can't win otherwise

    2. Are revenging a T-bagging toxic survivor

    3. Have no other choice (endgame)

    I don't know a single person who's an extremely good killer but still decides to camp just because it's more fun gameplay for him.

    Disregarding the fact that survivors who die are worse than the killer who caught them by definition, you are right that camping is as boring for killers as it is for survivors. It's the killer equivalent of holding M1 to repair a generator, except survivors have perks to interrupt it very easily.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375274#Comment_375274

    When a killer is extremely good and gets hos 4ks consistently without camping and tunneling BUT still decides to camp cuz that's more fun then fair enough you would have a point.

    But 100% killers who camp are either

    1. Bad and can't win otherwise

    2. Are revenging a T-bagging toxic survivor

    3. Have no other choice (endgame)

    I don't know a single person who's an extremely good killer but still decides to camp just because it's more fun gameplay for him.

    I do have a point, but you're missing the main point. Disregarding the fact that there are plenty of killers out there who love to camp regardless of their skill level, or lack thereof, you cannot dictate what is more fun for someone to do.

    What you find more fun may be the very definition of not fun for someone else. So you going around this thread crowing that immersive gameplay is the wrong way to go as a fun factor is both ignorant and redundant.

  • How did you turn this into killer vs survivor thread anyway? People who posted here play survivor too.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375292#Comment_375292

    You're missing the point. Disregarding the fact, not opinion, that there are plenty of killers out there who love to camp regardless of their skill level, or lack thereof, you cannot dictate what is more fun for someone to do.

    What you find more fun may be the very definition of not fun for someone else. So you going around this thread crowing that immersive gameplay is the wrong way to go as a fun factor is both ignorant and redundant.

    And you miss my point that I'm not dictating what should be fun, but trying to explain that those who prefer beeing immersive are just bad at chasing (same with killer who camp are bad) so they can't even know how much fun it is to be good at beeing chased. Not even using the fact that beeing immersive isn't optimal gameplay.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375345#Comment_375345

    And you miss my point that I'm not dictating what should be fun, but trying to explain that those who prefer beeing immersive are just bad at chasing (same with killer who camp are bad) so they can't even know how much fun it is to be good at beeing chased. Not even using the fact that beeing immersive isn't optimal gameplay.

    Optimal by whose standards though? I certainly don't care about rank, and as much as I love seeing gold or iridescent, I can hardly care if I was chased at all.

    If you can run a killer all game and escape, then that is optimal.

    If you can play like you actually feared death and escape, that is optimal.

    That is my opinion. But hey, what do I know?

  • @Shad03 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375352#Comment_375352

    Optimal by whose standards though? I certainly don't care about rank, and as much as I love seeing gold or iridescent, I can hardly care if I was chased at all.

    If you can run a killer all game and escape, then that is optimal.

    If you can play like you actually feared death and escape, that is optimal.

    That is my opinion. But hey, what do I know?

    The standard of the current meta: rushing gens and wasting as much as possible of the killers time.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375345#Comment_375345

    And you miss my point that I'm not dictating what should be fun, but trying to explain that those who prefer beeing immersive are just bad at chasing (same with killer who camp are bad) so they can't even know how much fun it is to be good at beeing chased. Not even using the fact that beeing immersive isn't optimal gameplay.

    That is equally ignorant. How do you know they are bad at chasing? Have you observed every immersive player in numerous chases? Every player has a preferred play style.

    Its not a fact that immersive isn't optimal either. I've seen many immersive lobbies survive. Now you'll probably say that's because the killer was probably bad in those situations. Likewise I can counter that strawman by saying any gung ho players who was able to go right in and run the killer around were just facing bad killers.

    You're making blind assumptions based on nothing. Often immersive style works best. Other times it can be completely useless e.g. against a scratched mirror Myers. So how about you stop trying to label players as bad just because their play style doesn't fit your own.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375352#Comment_375352

    That is equally ignorant. How do you know they are bad at chasing? Have you observed every immersive player in numerous chases? Every player has a preferred play style.

    Its not a fact that immersive isn't optimal either. I've seen many immersive lobbies survive. Now you'll probably say that's because the killer was probably bad in those situations. Likewise I can counter that strawman by saying any gung ho players who was able to go right in and run the killer around were just facing bad killers.

    You're making blind assumptions based on nothing. Often immersive style works best. Other times it can be completely useless e.g. against a scratched mirror Myers. So how about you stop trying to label players as bad just because their play style doesn't fit your own.

    By observing survivors who prefer to be immersive -> 99% of them get downed in 20 seconds max.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375360#Comment_375360

    By observing survivors who prefer to be immersive -> 99% of them get downed in 20 seconds max.

    99% in 20 seconds. Thank you for those completely unsupported "statistics". This thread is done for me. If I want to read fiction I'll pick up a fantasy novel.

    Carry on.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375383#Comment_375383

    99% in 20 seconds. Thank you for those completely unsupported "statistics". This thread is done for me. If I want to read fiction I'll pick up a fantasy novel.

    Carry on.

    Bye, have a great day my friend :)

1 2 ›