PS4 DLC release?
I know there's other threads, but most of those threads don't really ask the burning questions. This one will.
They stated last Tuesday, (the 12th) that it was in certification. Which meant it went in on the 11th or the 12th. We are 10 full blown days past that.
I've been told by several people the certification wait is 10 days. But they mentioned "in the upcoming weeks" which implies 2 weeks at least. I'm just confused why they've told console players "you'll get this upcoming patch in the upcoming weeks" and left it alone.
I would love some sort of update on it. I understand that they've sent it, and that its out of their hands. I do. I get it. What I don't get is why we're being told "weeks" when the process is 10 days normally? I'm not being negative here. I love this forum and game.
I'm just getting anxious for sure. To be fair, the hype has fizzled out for me mostly. Maybe that is my fault for watching so many youtube videos of people playing the DLC on steam? I don't know. I play on PS4 and I'd like to check it all out.
I just wish we could get an update. This whole "you'll get it in a few weeks" stuff is kinda lame. I hope we snag it today. I also don't like waiting this long for it. What can they do? I don't know. PC players shouldn't have to wait for consoles, and consoles shouldn't have to wait this long for it...
So its an issue. All in all I'll be happy when it does drop. Just a DbD hardcore fan looking forward to the 1st update in 4 months.
Comments
We apologize for the wait of The Curtain Call Chapter to our PS4 and XBOX ONE players.
We know you are eager to play our new content.
As part of our mandate to launch high-quality content, we are now using the Public Test Build to publish updates. To release a quality build created after the PTB for this specific 2.0.0 update, our most substantial so far, the certification process on console was more complex. The PC platform, however, grants us the ability to publish our build instantaneously. It is important to note that in the future our updates will be lighter, which should ensure that this certification delay does not happen again.
In the meantime, we will keep you posted on any developments. Note that as soon as either the PS4 or XBOX build is approved, we will release it.
Posted in the news section from not_Queen a little bit ago.
Let's just hope Monday & Tuesday brings us good things.
They either sent it in well after it released on PC, or it failed/was pulled from certification to change something. If only they had made some promise to be more open and honest with the community, we wouldn’t need to speculate. Too bad they never promised that.
and nah, realtalk tho, it wasnt for flags, it was for hurting a mods feelings. i wont say which. /wink
my terrible punishment is that they caged my avatar. oh noes! good thing myers can stalk thru bars.
i dont think they care about flags
At this pooint i just want the cosmetics..
Hesitant to get my hopes up for Tuesday but I've got nothing left at this point. Literally bone dry over here and wringing the bones to dust.
It always makes me laugh that people think the devs are holding back the patch for no reason. They want the money. 100% they're working their butts off to get it out asap.
This update was only sent 11~12th June, Microsoft support prooved it, there's a screenshot somewhere in discustions. The reason why they only sent it so late is PTB and having to wait until PTB ends to gather all the feedback and change all three builds before releasing. It's also due to the update adding in-game microtransactons which is definetly should make verification process longer. Not to mention the sise of the patch which by itself longers this process.
Btw, as Microsoft support said, Bhvr were hoping to release it 10 days after certification, but it seems that this patch was too big. Maybe 10 days is what they usually get when sending a new DLC, but they do it long before the actual release?
All that is left is waiting, Microsoft didn't give more details, while Sony support is kinda out of the case while still having Starbreeze as a publisher (which might be the problem in this case, since 505 are also involved in console version development/publishing).
go play something else and be patient. focusing on this is clearly only going to make you people more salty.
Says the overactive member with little substance that has his name behind bars... like a true proud prodigy he is...
cough..
choke.
Yeah I don't know. This place isn't nearly as toxic as the Steam forums, but people need timed out and banned I think.
Just temp bans. People need to relax and be objective and nice. He's had a salt trend going.
I have over 60 flags and I’m fine. If someone flags you for false reasons, it instead gives you protection, so he is probably insanely difficult to completely ban, and I’m probably nigh impossible
@Jack11803 You get the occasional spam flag. He has over 100 abuse flags. There is a bit of a difference
True
such an amazing 2 year anniversary and 1 year anniversary for console release.
bravo!
I really do feel like consoles get the shaft. Not just because of this rare and 1 time delay on a patch... but overall.
I would like something exclusive for us. Like a different version of legacy?
Something. Yeah PC brings in more money probably, and PC has more people... and it was released on PC as well...
But I've spent just under 60 bucks in total for Dead By Daylight. I'm a loyal customer. Just because I play on PS4 shouldn't make me any less.
I do feel like console players are afterthought. Oh well. I still love the game.
me too.
Tone of the post is a bit aggressive, but the message is right.
They said simultaneous release, I don't care about the Cert excuse. You lied, to us plain and simple, but now at this point the fact there is no apologies, only doubling down on a bad excuse, makes it worse. This could really all be made up with some free Auric cells for the console base and these greedy buggers don't even seem to want to do that.
donate? lmao. somebody...needs a job.