Why not just have Thanat not affect healing or have it affect healing less

I believe they reverted it because the anti heal meta is already a bit ridiculous

Why dont they just make it more reliable against protecting hexes and gen rushing by increasing its potency but only for Gens and Totem cleansing? The values could be even higher than they were on the PTB

Comments

  • Because not healing will still be better. The issue now is that there's no drawback to being injured if you're good enough at exploiting, I mean looping.

  • @Orion said:

    Because not healing will still be better. The issue now is that there's no drawback to being injured if you're good enough at exploiting, I mean looping.

    Well said =)

  • @Orion said:

    Because not healing will still be better. The issue now is that there's no drawback to being injured if you're good enough at exploiting, I mean looping.

    @Orion do you actually think looping is an exploit? If so then tell me why. Btw @ me if u respond

  • Wait did someone mention exploiting like killers moonwalking for Deep Wounds and Borrowed Time?


    Looping isn't exploiting, moonwalking to avoid an ingame mechanic is and if you're so bad you let someone loop you for 5 gens you should look in the mirror for your problem.

  • @Orion said:

    Because not healing will still be better. The issue now is that there's no drawback to being injured if you're good enough at exploiting, I mean looping.

    I wouldn't say looping is exploiting if its more or less intended to be honest but I see what you mean. There isnt really incentive to heal especially against perks such as sloppy, nurse's, coulrophobia, a killer like legion...healing needs to be better on survivors

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366110#Comment_366110

    @Orion do you actually think looping is an exploit? If so then tell me why. Btw @ me if u respond

    @Poweas Yes, I do. It's exploiting two things: the different hitboxes that killers and survivors have (look at any running event, or just think that a circle with a smaller radius will necessarily have a smaller perimeter) and the different accelerations (killers take longer to reach full speed after a sharp turn, whereas survivors barely slow down). The result is that looping takes away the killer's speed advantage.

    Looping was considered an exploit by the devs way back when the game launched, but since that's all survivors knew how to do, the devs eventually embraced it and tried to lessen its effects. Obviously, that doesn't work, because any survivor with half a brain and decent map knowledge can figure out optimal paths that will make chasing them a losing move for the killer, which is absurd, IMO.

  • @Kagrenac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366110#Comment_366110

    I wouldn't say looping is exploiting if its more or less intended to be honest but I see what you mean. There isnt really incentive to heal especially against perks such as sloppy, nurse's, coulrophobia, a killer like legion...healing needs to be better on survivors

    Healing, as in the concept, is already good enough. It gives you more room to make mistakes. What needs to happen is that being injured needs to have more drawbacks.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366119#Comment_366119

    @Poweas Yes, I do. It's exploiting two things: the different hitboxes that killers and survivors have (look at any running event, or just think that a circle with a smaller radius will necessarily have a smaller perimeter) and the different accelerations (killers take longer to reach full speed after a sharp turn, whereas survivors barely slow down). The result is that looping takes away the killer's speed advantage.

    Looping was considered an exploit by the devs way back when the game launched, but since that's all survivors knew how to do, the devs eventually embraced it and tried to lessen its effects. Obviously, that doesn't work, because any survivor with half a brain and decent map knowledge can figure out optimal paths that will make chasing them a losing move for the killer, which is absurd, IMO.

    It's true that looping was not intended but I don't think it's much of an exploit because you can't just expect survivors to stand still. I don't think I can see eye to eye with you on this subject. I mean it is absurd that one survivor can completely ruin a killers game by looping and you have to fear them. Actually... Nah I can't see it as an exploit. They just need to fix a few things about it. One thing that can kill looping is buffing Brutal Strength to 20/25/30. Gives it a viable tier 1 and a strong tier 3.

  • Not healing just needs to be more punishable. Survivors are so strong with looping that no one feels threatened being injured. If pallets and loops weren't so broken you'd see survivors healing no matter how ridiculously long it may be and that would slow the game down.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366130#Comment_366130

    It's true that looping was not intended but I don't think it's much of an exploit because you can't just expect survivors to stand still. I don't think I can see eye to eye with you on this subject. I mean it is absurd that one survivor can completely ruin a killers game by looping and you have to fear them. Actually... Nah I can't see it as an exploit. They just need to fix a few things about it. One thing that can kill looping is buffing Brutal Strength to 20/25/30. Gives it a viable tier 1 and a strong tier 3.

    I'm not expecting survivors to stand still, but you can't tell me looping isn't an exploit (or rather, shouldn't be considered one) when it's capable of partially limiting the main thing that's meant to cut down the chase time to manageable levels - the killer's speed.

  • There aren't enough drawbacks to being injured? Now I've heard everything

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    There aren't enough drawbacks to being injured? Now I've heard everything

    Do you think the no-heal meta would be a thing if there were enough drawbacks to being injured?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366145#Comment_366145

    I'm not expecting survivors to stand still, but you can't tell me looping isn't an exploit (or rather, shouldn't be considered one) when it's capable of partially limiting the main thing that's meant to cut down the chase time to manageable levels - the killer's speed.

    Yeah. Let's agree to disagree, I was a survivor main not too long ago and all I've ever done is looped so I can't agree with you on it being an explot, good day.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366150#Comment_366150

    Do you think the no-heal meta would be a thing if there were enough drawbacks to being injured?

    Blame Legion for the No Heal meta.

    There are enough drawbacks to being injured.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366147#Comment_366147

    Yeah. Let's agree to disagree, I was a survivor main not too long ago and all I've ever done is looped so I can't agree with you on it being an explot, good day.

    @Poweas You can't agree because it'd mean you were exploiting this whole time or what?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366125#Comment_366125

    Healing, as in the concept, is already good enough. It gives you more room to make mistakes. What needs to happen is that being injured needs to have more drawbacks.

    Omg I just had an amazing idea. What if it slowed your repairing speed by 15%, but the change to Self care is reverted, and Sloppy butcher becomes 33%? So Sloppy butcher makes Self care take 31.92 seconds. That way they have to waste time.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366150#Comment_366150

    Do you think the no-heal meta would be a thing if there were enough drawbacks to being injured?

    It's certainly not meta on PS4.

    Regardless, getting downed in one hit and being easier to find is enough. If the drawbacks were bad enough to force survivors to heal then healing would have to be adjusted.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366155#Comment_366155

    @Poweas You can't agree because it'd mean you were exploiting this whole time or what?

    @Orion no, not because of that but it would make me feel morally corrupt if I did. I can't see it as an exploit. Keep in mind, I'm not as experienced as you, I joined in July 2017 so looping was deemed normal by then, I'd probably agree with you if I was as experienced but I'm simply not. Looping is a part of my normal gameplay for both sides, it always has been.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366133#Comment_366133

    Omg I just had an amazing idea. What if it slowed your repairing speed by 15%, but the change to Self care is reverted, and Sloppy butcher becomes 33%? So Sloppy butcher makes Self care take 31.92 seconds. That way they have to waste time.

    @Poweas God no. I might support this for sickness, but not for injuries. Sickness is easily reverted with a fountain, but injuries can take some time. Generator repair time is already as high as it can be, no need to add to it.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366162#Comment_366162

    @Orion no, not because of that but it would make me feel morally corrupt if I did. I can't see it as an exploit. Keep in mind, I'm not as experienced as you, I joined in July 2017 so looping was deemed normal by then, I'd probably agree with you if I was as experienced but I'm simply not. Looping is a part of my normal gameplay for both sides, it always has been.

    @Poweas I'd say disagreeing to make yourself feel better should make you feel worse, since you're already acknowledging the fact that it should be an exploit in every way that matters except by literally saying so. And no, it has not "always" been part of the normal gameplay. Like I said, it used to be considered an exploit.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366152#Comment_366152

    It's certainly not meta on PS4.

    Regardless, getting downed in one hit and being easier to find is enough. If the drawbacks were bad enough to force survivors to heal then healing would have to be adjusted.

    @brokedownpalace To be fair, it's only getting started. It's not as well established as the stale meta.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366170#Comment_366170

    @Poweas I'd say disagreeing to make yourself feel better should make you feel worse, since you're already acknowledging the fact that it should be an exploit in every way that matters except by literally saying so. And no, it has not "always" been part of the normal gameplay. Like I said, it used to be considered an exploit.

    It's always been a part of my normal gameplay.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366155#Comment_366155

    @Poweas You can't agree because it'd mean you were exploiting this whole time or what?

    Not a good argument. Exploiting is abusing a game mechanic in an unfair way. Looping is using the game mechanics to avoid getting hurt...which is what a survivor is supposed to do.

    If youre that bad at dealing with loops invest in bamboozle, maybe unrelenting or brutal.

  • @Poweas Indeed, because the developers caved in to survivors and made it sanctioned gameplay. Otherwise, they'd have to punish pretty much every single person who'd ever played survivor for exploiting. I'm guessing the publisher had something to do with it as well.

  • @Kagrenac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366162#Comment_366162

    Not a good argument. Exploiting is abusing a game mechanic in an unfair way. Looping is using the game mechanics to avoid getting hurt...which is what a survivor is supposed to do.

    If youre that bad at dealing with loops invest in bamboozle, maybe unrelenting or brutal.

    @Kagrenac I explained why I think it is (or rather should go back to being) an exploit. If you don't think abusing hitboxes and different accelerations to prevent a feature from being used should be an exploit, then I don't know what to say.

  • @Kagrenac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366162#Comment_366162

    Not a good argument. Exploiting is abusing a game mechanic in an unfair way. Looping is using the game mechanics to avoid getting hurt...which is what a survivor is supposed to do.

    If youre that bad at dealing with loops invest in bamboozle, maybe unrelenting or brutal.

    If you really think those counter looping you havn't played enough killer.

    Unless the survivor is just dumb you will be eating that loop. It requires the survivor messing up to not get looped.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366184#Comment_366184

    If you really think those counter looping you havn't played enough killer.

    Unless the survivor is just dumb you will be eating that loop. It requires the survivor messing up to not get looped.

    They're designed to. They could use some buffs sure but it's not my fault you cant counter a loop.

    When I'm getting looped i usually win by mind-gaming the survivor. If its wasting too much time I move on because the survivor looping me isnt doing anything either