Tanatophobia buff not making it live... #########?!

You have to be kidding me...

Seriously, Tanatophobia was freaking awesome on the PTB, It was the perk that would replace Ruin. Why is it gonna stay trash?

It's a perk that rewards killer for doing a good job, it forces survivors to play as a team. There are plenty of counters to it, perks like We'll Make It, Bottany Knowledge and Med-kits, Bond, Empathy, etc. I just hope this change didnt make It live because it's bugged or something like that and not because survivors complained about It...

Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • Well devs themselves said that it is not gonna go live. I am just so disappointed in changes.

    Head on will be affected by enduring? Already difficult to pull off and very dangerous perk that makes you exhausted will be worthless? They know how to create a dead perk.

    And DS? Now if you want to tunnel a person, you can equip enduring and don't give a ######### about that. Changes are great...

  • Really? Im dissapointed, just toss it back into the trashcan then ....

  • I am replacing it now. Was hyped and using it to get familiar with it. I hate you devs. :(

  • @Master said:

    Really? Im dissapointed, just toss it back into the trashcan then ....

    @Master https://youtu.be/KJE0AAeJdE0

  • I just saw in another thread that is will actually be nerfed unless you have 3 or 4 injured survivors.... LUL

  • 7 seconds too strong. Confirmed by the devs.

    Honestly, they are probably too afraid of Sloppy+Thana becoming meta. Especially with all the griping from Survivors about Sloppy Butcher Legions. They should just make Thanataphobia ONLY work on gen speeds and crank up the values. That would keep it from making Heals take too long with Sloppy and give killers a tool against the current, "Don't heal, rush gens, ADRENAWIN!" Survivor meta.

  • I feel they did this because of the DS changes..... "Can't change DS and buff a Killer perk" Thantophobia ia greatly designed Perk,,promoting the Killer to find and injure as many Survivors in as short of an amount of time as possible...which dissuades tunneling a Survivor over an over...but sure...nerf it *rolls eyes*

  • @Nikkiwhat said:

    I feel they did this because of the DS changes..... "Can't change DS and buff a Killer perk" Thantophobia ia greatly designed Perk,,promoting the Killer to find and injure as many Survivors in as short of an amount of time as possible...which dissuades tunneling a Survivor over an over...but sure...nerf it *rolls eyes*

    So they nerfed a perk that discouraged tunnelling?

    You know what that means folks!

    IT'S TUNNEL TIME!

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    7 seconds too strong. Confirmed by the devs.

    Honestly, they are probably too afraid of Sloppy+Thana becoming meta. Especially with all the griping from Survivors about Sloppy Butcher Legions. They should just make Thanataphobia ONLY work on gen speeds and crank up the values. That would keep it from making Heals take too long with Sloppy and give killers a tool against the current, "Don't heal, rush gens, ADRENAWIN!" Survivor meta.

    So meanwhile we have to still rely on a perk that can be destroyed at the first 15 seconds of the start of the game?

    Pretty good job so far :)

  • @Peasant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364934#Comment_364934

    So they nerfed a perk that discouraged tunnelling?

    You know what that means folks!

    IT'S TUNNEL TIME!

    *cues Mighty Morphin Tunnel Rangers guitar riff theme*

    https://youtu.be/BwbHW8MeHDU

  • @Peasant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364934#Comment_364934

    So they nerfed a perk that discouraged tunnelling?

    You know what that means folks!

    IT'S TUNNEL TIME!

    Defenetly looks like it, they first wanted to buff Self-care and now they actually nerf Thanatophobia...

    Enduring and tunneling time :)

  • Well that a kick in the....

    giphy (14).gif


  • Where is this decision coming from actually? Where is the massive feedback against this? I don't recall much Survivor whining about it on this forum or the steam forums(except with Legion, but they are always complaining about Legion). They didn't do the PTB feedback survey either.

    Is Reddit just on fire about a Thanataphobia buff?

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    Where is this decision coming from actually? Where is the massive feedback against this? I don't recall much Survivor whining about it on this forum or the steam forums(except with Legion, but they are always complaining about Legion). They didn't do the PTB feedback survey either.

    Is Reddit just on fire about a Thanataphobia buff?

    I can only speculate, but this is a knee-jerk decision that I've ever seen...my guess...they don't want an uproar of supposed Killer favoritism by changing/nerfing one of the most widely used Survivor Perks AND buffing a Killer Perk

  • @Nikkiwhat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364959#Comment_364959

    I can only speculate, but this is a knee-jerk decision that I've ever seen...my guess...they don't want an uproar of supposed Killer favoritism by changing/nerfing one of the most widely used Survivor Perks AND buffing a Killer Perk

    If that's the reason I will just give up my hope on this game. DS has been freaking broken since it's release, it's not nerfed now, it's balanced.

  • The combo of Thanatophobia and Sloppy Butcher on PTB is absurdly powerful. You all know full well it had no business being implemented. No one should have even expected to go through, come on guys.

  • That's a shame, I actually considered using it in my builds. I'm confused as to why they decided to change it, It seemed like nobody had a problem with it.

  • @Science_Guy said:

    The combo of Thanatophobia and Sloppy Butcher on PTB is absurdly powerful. You all know full well it had no business being implemented. No one should have even expected to go through, come on guys.

    Run healing perks instead of 4 chase perks and it's like it doesn't even exist.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364962#Comment_364962

    If that's the reason I will just give up my hope on this game. DS has been freaking broken since it's release, it's not nerfed now, it's balanced.

    I frequent these forums and Reddit off & on and I have yet to see people being upset about Thantaphobia getting a slight buff...so I really can't see where not only did they revert the change but ALSO nerfed the Perk...which honestly, was seldom used.


    I want diversity of Perks to be appealing and used..not nerfs to seldom seen/used ones which keep us using the same ones over and over because of their effect not having alternative choices.

  • Yeah, it sucks, but the Sloppy+Thana combo would have been a nightmare as well as the only build killers ran from now on. Now, if it did only affect gens as suggested, it could still work well.

  • @Delfador said:

    Well devs themselves said that it is not gonna go live. I am just so disappointed in changes.

    Head on will be affected by enduring? Already difficult to pull off and very dangerous perk that makes you exhausted will be worthless? They know how to create a dead perk.

    And DS? Now if you want to tunnel a person, you can equip enduring and don't give a ######### about that. Changes are great...

    Agreeing with you, I haven't tested head that much, but it seems to be to difficult to pull off and with enduring probably useless. Maybe removing the exhaustion effect so you can combine it with dead hard would be great, idk.

    And yes, the DS beeing an anti tunnel perk seems to be easy nullified by using enduring. So basically u want to tunnel? Just use enduring and you fine lol

  • I'd be less fussed if they cancelled the changes but kept it as it is. There's no reason to nerf it even further.

    4 and 8%....2 survivors injured and you're still doing less than Resilience. At least before the 9% countered resilience.


  • @Delfador said:

    Well devs themselves said that it is not gonna go live. I am just so disappointed in changes.

    Head on will be affected by enduring? Already difficult to pull off and very dangerous perk that makes you exhausted will be worthless? They know how to create a dead perk.

    And DS? Now if you want to tunnel a person, you can equip enduring and don't give a ######### about that. Changes are great...

    Wanna know what's great too? That players, especially in this forum, always complain about everything no matter what the devs implement or change. Just weird and mental.

  • @The_Manlet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364969#Comment_364969

    Run healing perks instead of 4 chase perks and it's like it doesn't even exist.

    Exactly, that's why I think this is an unnecessary "nerf". If people would give up on the chase perks and used healing perks (something I personally do) this wouldnt be a problem.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364975#Comment_364975

    Exactly, that's why I think this is an unnecessary "nerf". If people would give up on the chase perks and used healing perks (something I personally do) this wouldnt be a problem.

    That would compromise their "rush the gens and heal with Adrenaline" meta strategy. Need muh fast gen repairs while injured.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364975#Comment_364975

    Exactly, that's why I think this is an unnecessary "nerf". If people would give up on the chase perks and used healing perks (something I personally do) this wouldnt be a problem.

    I run We'll Make It on my Survivor and usually get some good unhooks and can fully heal the entire team in no time...it's actually been a huge "F U" to Killers, even with Sloppy Butcher used....guess how many Thana users I've encounter the past few months? Maybe 3-4 at best and they were mostly Legion players..guess what else? We'll Make It neutered their Perk.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364975#Comment_364975

    Exactly, that's why I think this is an unnecessary "nerf". If people would give up on the chase perks and used healing perks (something I personally do) this wouldnt be a problem.

    Shake up the meta?!?!?! *Gasp*

  • would've been awful if combined with legion


  • @Master said:

    Really? Im dissapointed, just toss it back into the trashcan then ....

    Like you said, you need to live with it :D

  • So when survivors kept asking for resilience and this is not happening to be buffed to counter the new thana, I guess since Thana is now nerfed those 2 perks need nerfing too.

    Resilence - 4/5/6% bonus right?

  • Thank god I don’t use self care anyway.

  • @artist said:

    would've been awful if combined with legion

    Anything is awful on Legion. Trying to balance the game around Legion is a fool's errand.

  • @The_Manlet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/365001#Comment_365001

    Anything is awful on Legion. Trying to balance the game around Legion is a fool's errand.

    Even more considering he is getting changed...

  • At least Fire up gets some love.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    At least Fire up gets some love.

    Love is a strong word

  • Would 8/12/16/20 have been better?

  • Just my take on it: It's not good for gameplay. With the PTB values and combined with sloppy butcher, it would take a survivor ~57 seconds to self care. That's almost an entire generator's worth of time.

    "That's great, though," you might say. But what ends up happening is much like what you're seeing now. Because healing takes so long, you're much better off doing generators instead and waiting for adrenaline to heal everyone. To which you might say, "But the generators would be 24% slower." While true, that adds about 20 seconds per generator (solo).

    Added time to generators: 20 x 5 = 100

    Time spent healing: 57 x 4 = 228

    Worth noting that you might and probably will get hit more than once, so you'd have to repeat that for each time you get hit. Take your pick, would you rather spend an extra 100 seconds on generators *and* get healed, or an extra 228+ on healing and then still have the generators to deal with?

    On the surface it seems like a great idea, but it's further encouraging not healing and instead doing generators as fast as possible, which I think is something we can all agree isn't fun.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    Would 8/12/16/20 have been better?

    I always expected a 10/15/20/25% tbh, considering you'll always have 2 survivors hurt at max, not to mention all the counters it has. Just because people doesnt equip those counters it doesnt mean they're not there... I was so happy when I saw the new numbers on the PTB...

  • I cant believe they changed this OMGWTF


    #iquit


    oh wait...I just realised its onlyyy a gammee LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL - I have now decided to get over it.

  • @Peanits said:

    Just my take on it: It's not good for gameplay. With the PTB values and combined with sloppy butcher, it would take a survivor ~57 seconds to self care. That's almost an entire generator's worth of time.

    "That's great, though," you might say. But what ends up happening is much like what you're seeing now. Because healing takes so long, you're much better off doing generators instead and waiting for adrenaline to heal everyone. To which you might say, "But the generators would be 24% slower." While true, that adds about 20 seconds per generator (solo).

    Added time to generators: 20 x 5 = 100

    Added time to healing: 57 x 4 = 228

    Worth noting that you might and probably will get hit more than once, so you'd have to repeat that for each time you get hit. Take your pick, would you rather spend an extra 100 seconds on generators *and* get healed, or an extra 228+ on healing and then still have the generators to deal with?

    On the surface it seems like a great idea, but it's further encouraging not healing and instead doing generators as fast as possible, which I think it's something we can all agree isn't fun.

    If they want to do gens instead of healing that's ok, they are 1 hit away from being downed. And if all of them have adrenaline that's ok as well, good luck dealing with NOED...

  • So when will gen rush be adressed? Corrupt intervention doesn't cut it.

  • @Peanits said:

    Just my take on it: It's not good for gameplay. With the PTB values and combined with sloppy butcher, it would take a survivor ~57 seconds to self care. That's almost an entire generator's worth of time.

    "That's great, though," you might say. But what ends up happening is much like what you're seeing now. Because healing takes so long, you're much better off doing generators instead and waiting for adrenaline to heal everyone. To which you might say, "But the generators would be 24% slower." While true, that adds about 20 seconds per generator (solo).

    Added time to generators: 20 x 5 = 100

    Added time to healing: 57 x 4 = 228

    Worth noting that you might and probably will get hit more than once, so you'd have to repeat that for each time you get hit. Take your pick, would you rather spend an extra 100 seconds on generators *and* get healed, or an extra 228+ on healing and then still have the generators to deal with?

    On the surface it seems like a great idea, but it's further encouraging not healing and instead doing generators as fast as possible, which I think it's something we can all agree isn't fun.

    It encourages team healing instead of relying on selfcare so much as you hide in a corner. Perks like We'll Make It, Botany Knowledge with a Medkit and Jane's upcoming Perk all have a nice focus on teamwork.


    Ask yourself this...how many Thana users have you gone up against and felt threatened? How many encounters with Thana has been able to stall a game entirely out or the cause of a 3-4k? How many have you actually faced at all on live? It encourages a change of play and for what Perks as used...but this just makes the meta stale by dissuading both sides from changing how they can play with different aspects to what a Killer brings into a match.


    With all that said WHY is it being nerfed instead of reverted.....seems asinine when it's not even that much of a threat as is....

  • @Eveline Will you ever get out of Jail? :(

  • @The_Crusader said:

    So when survivors kept asking for resilience and this is not happening to be buffed to counter the new thana, I guess since Thana is now nerfed those 2 perks need nerfing too.

    Resilence - 4/5/6% bonus right?

    Is this satire? Resilience and ESPECIALLY This Is Not Happening are weak perks. Your logic makes no sense. Than, a weak perk, got a buff, so it was asked that two weak survivor perks also get a buff. Than buff gets reverted so you think it's a good idea to make two already weak perks now completely useless?

  • @The_Manlet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/365001#Comment_365001

    Anything is awful on Legion. Trying to balance the game around Legion is a fool's errand.

    they're not and im glad

  • @TeambossFloze said:

    @Eveline Will you ever get out of Jail? :(

    In 3 days lol.

  • @Nikkiwhat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/365056#Comment_365056

    It encourages team healing instead of relying on selfcare so much as you hide in a corner. Perks like We'll Make It, Botany Knowledge with a Medkit and Jane's upcoming Perk all have a nice focus on teamwork.

    Ask yourself this...how many Thana users have you gone up against and felt threatened? How many encounters with Thana has been able to stale a game entirely out or the cause of a 3-4k? How many have you actually faced at all on live? It encourages a change of play and for what Perks as used...but this just makes the meta stale by dissuading both sides from changing how they can play with different aspects to what a Killer brings into a match.

    With all that said WHY is it being nerfed instead of reverted.....seems asinine when it's not even that much of a threat as is....

    Team healing and self care work out to be the same in the end. Either two people heal are locked into the heal interaction for 28.5 seconds (28.5 x 2 = 57), or one person is for 57. This is time the other person could be spending on a generator.

  • @eveline Do you need me to bake you a cake and hide a file in it so you can escape

‹ 1 2