Killers shouldn't camp or tunnel it is a scumbag move

Killers should not tunnel or camp someone when it is the first person they have hooked. Unless a survivor was being toxic or you need to camp to secure a kill because like 4 gens have been done and it is your first hook then it is okay to tunnel and camp in my opinion. But do not be a scumbag and literally camp someone on their first hook when 5 gens are left. It isn't fun for anyone involved and although you might say well why should I make it fun for the survivors that isn't my job. Well think if you were the survivor would you enjoy being camped most likely not. Plus it can also do things like depip the survivor. Plus the tactic as killer of camping does not work most the times survivors have the common sense to do gens instead of give in to the camper. It just ruins the experience for one or two people per game.

Comments

  • Personally, If a survivor runs a killer around for 5 gens they shouldn’t be getting punished for the killer being bad. Now that there’s no vacuum, no fast healing self care, and not many pallets theres no reason for a killer being ran around for 5 gens unless they're really bad. And if the survivor gets camped, the killer is going to de pip regardless. But the survivor black pips. So IMO, I think the game is somewhat balanced. But instead of black piping for running the killer around for 5 gens, they should pip. The killer on the other hand should de pip. I play 50/50 killer and survivor. So I understand the frustration of both sides.

  • Killers should not tunnel or camp someone when it is the first person they have hooked.

    I completely agree, but on a extent you’re biased on the side of survivors

  • @TeaLeaf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/51561/killers-shouldnt-camp-or-tunnel-it-is-a-scumbag-move

    Well the killer isn't responsible for the survivors fun, the games not framed that way its framed to be competitive. Kill your friends is the game mode where people get to actually play in non serious ways. However camping when 5 gens is done is a horrible strategy and I agree its not super fun for either side... well I guess their are some people who find it fun but their are always outliners to every statistic x.x Lots of times however you have survivors who are far too dedicated to removing some one off the hook. I have been accused of camping at times... when all 3 survivors were buzzing around me like flys. Not always the killers fault just tossing that out there.

    The game has never been designed to be competitve. The rank system means nothing when you don’t get rewards for being at a high rank.

    Both sides are not entitled to make the game fun for the other. Survivors do not have to play to make the killer have a fun round and vice versa.

  • Look the camping is bs play the game can't play the game normal if the killer wants to body camp u don't see Monto camping he plays the game and makes it fun at the same time if u get hooked rushed then that's different ur stopping them from the save and trying to injure as many survivors as possible they need to impose on game penalties for camping

  • What if they are wearing perk insidious?

  • @havokblade said:

    Look the camping is bs play the game can't play the game normal if the killer wants to body camp u don't see Monto camping he plays the game and makes it fun at the same time if u get hooked rushed then that's different ur stopping them from the save and trying to injure as many survivors as possible they need to impose on game penalties for camping

    At the same time, you don't see Monto teabagging, flashlight clicking, using old DS constantly, and being toxic in general in front of killers.

  • @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/406527#Comment_406527

    At the same time, you don't see Monto teabagging, flashlight clicking, using old DS constantly, and being toxic in general in front of killers.

    That's more Noob3, Ochido and Puppers sort of playstyle... being toxic I mean ;)

    Monto, True, HybridPanda play very fair.

  • The Pipping changes basically forces Killers to not camp and tunnel tbh. Unless they don't care about rank.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 I still can’t believe this thread is STILL alive. XD

  • @Evp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/371939#Comment_371939

    I mainly play survivor, and man I could not agree more.

    If I see a team mate exploiting/cheating/botting/afk I hope the killer camps and tunnel them.

    I personally wont pallet loop exploit, I wont bring a flashlight into a game (if a chest gives me one I rarely use it), and I wont loop around ridiculous paths there were not intended to be abused. I don't tea bag nor do anything toxic.

    I get camped a lot. Typically its because I destroyed a totem (I wont run if I can finish it even if the killer sees me). I also get camped if they know I know where a totem is. I been camped before because I was a bigger threat than the other players (kind of a compliment but still.)

    Its not fun, and at times it makes me want to infinite pallet loop next time. What I think a core problem is is that there are different "types" of survivors and killers.

    Type A) I win only if I 4k or only if I survive. (Campers/Tunnelers/Sluggers and Genrushers and min/max SWF)

    Type B) I win if I enjoyed my game.

    Type C) I win if I make other people angry or have a horrible time.

    As a survivor I hate playing with players in group A and C. I don't want to be a gen jockey. I wont ignore unhooks/chests/dull totems. If I am the last survivor and the hatch isn't ready yet, I wont hide and force frustration/DC. I will work a gen knowing I will likely get caught. I will save someone even if I could let them die and take the hatch. I play 2-3 SWF. We dont coordinate items nor perks. There is a huge skill gap between me and my friends (they still blow up gens and fail a lot of skill checks).

    The problem comes when you start getting too many players from types A/C. Killers who will do anything to ensure they get a 4k. Survivors who wont do anything risky or will hide and let people die to get the hatch. People who want to T-bag, or people who just want to be toxic.

    So really comes down to a few things. You cant change people from Type A. You just have to accept they exist. They aren't doing anything "wrong" they just have different goals then you. Type B people tend to be the best to play with, and that is when some of the best after game chat occurs. Type C people need to be dealt with, and I feel that is both the developer's and the community's responsibility. I personally will not reward type C. If they anger me, I wont show it. If they are toxic to the killer, I try to offset it. I will even let the killer catch and kill me if they are being abused by another player. The less drama type C causes, the less they play.

    So, in short, don't give into the hostility and don't let it change your play style. Killers: Don't take camping and tunneling as a basic strategy to all players. Reserve it for the toxic players. Survivors: Play the game you are dealt and don't exploit. Don't DC because you got outplayed, and don't intentionally anger the killer.

    It is funny tho because you see players who call themselves killers or survivors. Stop being myopic and just consider yourself a DBD player. Stop hating the other half, cause the game would not exist if they did not exist.

    I don't really like the sentiment behind what you describe as the types of survivors/killers.

    How do you define a win?

    In the context of a game winning is simply achieving your win condition. That win condition will be part of the games rules and is thus objective. For example in chess the win condition is to capture the opposing King. You might have different reasons to play, but regardless of why or if you want to win you still have to capture the King in order to win because winning isn't subjective in the realm of games.

    So if we apply this to dead by daylight we find the win conditions clearly stated in the tutorial.

    Survivors: Escape the trial

    Killers: Kill the Survivors

    If you do not do those things then no matter how much fun you had you by definition have not won.

    Onto what you said afterwords. Assuming you are trying to win (which is something you should always assume) you should always take any non-reportable action you can that increases your odds of winning. Does gen rush improve your odds of winning? Yes? Do it. Does tunneling improve your odds of winning? Yes? Do it. Does camping improve your odds of winning? Nope, go do something else.

    Guess what? Looping increases your odds of winning. So if your question is if the survivor should do it then the answer is that they absolutely should.

    But of course, that isn't the ONLY question. You then have to ask yourself if the intended mechanics lead to problems. If they do, then the devs need to either remove the problematic aspects or nerf the strategy that causes them. Note that this part is the developers responsibility and not the players. After all an exploit cannot be objectively verified, the smaller hitboxes of Survivors are just as much a game mechanic as the Killers faster movement speed, and vaulting is clearly supposed to be able to give survivors distance. Plus scratchmarks mean that evading a competent Killer is impractical without a dedicated perk build for it. So if directly running away doesn't work because of the Killers high movement speed, and neither does using LoS to lose the Killer because of scratchmarks, why would I do anything BESIDES Looping?

    You shouldn't camp the hook because it is a losing strategy, not because it's nice. And you absolutely should tunnel. If this is a problem (we both know it is) then that is on the devs to fix.

  • I'm just there to kill get out of my way or die lmao

  • People are finally done with this thread? lol good.

  • I'll tunnel all I want. Also @Hoodedfengm1n I think bumping a thread is bannable. Not sure though.

  • @Poweas I was not trying to

  • @Hoodedfengm1n oh ok. No problem. I don't think the mods are strict on it anyway tbh.

  • y u guys do this to me D:

  • I'm gonna facecamp everyone now just because of how survivors treat killers. Have a great day.

  • This thread made me think we need a Necromancer killer.

  • Alot of times when I see someone just about to die on hook, ill go ahead and invest 5 seconds to stand next to it to prevent any last second saves. Thoughts?

  • @LordGlint said:

    Alot of times when I see someone just about to die on hook, ill go ahead and invest 5 seconds to stand next to it to prevent any last second saves. Thoughts?

    Of course. Who wouldn’t do that? It makes your job as killer much easier. It’s common sense to ensure they die when they are that close to dying.

1 2 ›