Removing maps from the pool

What if killers could remove one map (maybe more) that they just don't want to play? I'm sure most can agree that any of the cornfields are actually horrendous to play on as some if not most killers.


Yes, this post was made after a salty Nurse game.

Stupid corn.

EDIT: Or, a less polarizing option, add offerings that lower the chances of certain maps being played.

Comments

  • Killers can use Map Offerings. And why should only Killers be able to remove a Map? Why not Survivors also? I am pretty sure that most of Survivors would like to vote before the Match that "The Game" will not come up.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Killers can use Map Offerings. And why should only Killers be able to remove a Map? Why not Survivors also? I am pretty sure that most of Survivors would like to vote before the Match that "The Game" will not come up.

    Survivors can too and there are 4 survivors per game. This leads to coldwind being burnt every few games. It's too much.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/360609#Comment_360609

    Survivors can too and there are 4 survivors per game. This leads to coldwind being burnt every few games. It's too much.

    Then maybe the coldwind offering needs to show up less?

  • The coldwind farm maps are easier to see survivors. They aren't as dark... but of course if they are in corn it's a pain.

  • @Arsoul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/360648#Comment_360648

    Then maybe the coldwind offering needs to show up less?

    There's no maybe about it.

  • This would be the same as survivors removing one killer maybe more they don't want to verse.

    The game is what it is and no one should have control over what maps,killers, items they use it removes the rng factor.

    The only thing I think should be implemented is the removal of swf being able to stack map offerings or at least make them equal to the killer choice.

  • Just remove/make corn lower.


    Stupid Corn

  • Why not remove map offerings completely instead?

  • @The_Crusader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/360609#Comment_360609

    Survivors can too and there are 4 survivors per game. This leads to coldwind being burnt every few games. It's too much.

    Oh really? I did not know that Survivors can burn Map Offerings. The OP specially mentioned Killers, so I answered that way.

    And well, Coldwind Farm is the only Map Offering that can be problematic. But still, it is part of the game. And honestly, I almost never have Coldwind Offerings in my game (of course I am not part of a 4 man SWF that wants to burn a Coldwind Offering and Mist Offerings, so I know that they get burned).

    But, like I said, if the Killer wants to have a preferred Map, he can use an Offering. If the OP had a frustrating Nurse game on Coldwind, he can have a new game and wants to go to Autohaven. Easy.


    @NoShinyPony

    I dont think that this is needed. As a Survivor I like to have the option to pick a Map (except Coldwind) if I am having a bad day and dont want to end up on one of my hated Maps (again).

    And for Killer it would remove a lot of quite viable Options for good/fun builds. Or simply remove the option to avoid Coldwind Maps.

  • Legion is a pain with some maps





    Stupid corn

  • You want to remove maps that are disadvantageous and abuse maps that work to your benefit. Nurses and spirits and even legions often burn a The Game map for the obvious reasons.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Killers can use Map Offerings. And why should only Killers be able to remove a Map? Why not Survivors also? I am pretty sure that most of Survivors would like to vote before the Match that "The Game" will not come up.

    The chances are kinda bad since survivors can put 4 offerings aswell =)

  • @Master said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/360609#Comment_360609

    The chances are kinda bad since survivors can put 4 offerings aswell =)

    This will not happen. But I know that you like to do meaningless posts.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Killers can use Map Offerings. And why should only Killers be able to remove a Map? Why not Survivors also? I am pretty sure that most of Survivors would like to vote before the Match that "The Game" will not come up.

    It's 1 vs 4 potentional offerings, in theory a killer can never win to chose his preferred map

  • And to OP: yes I agree, the devs designed some maps which are working great or absolutly bad with certain killers: Lery's for example as Billy. So yeah, a Killer should be able to exclude one map

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Killers can use Map Offerings. And why should only Killers be able to remove a Map? Why not Survivors also? I am pretty sure that most of Survivors would like to vote before the Match that "The Game" will not come up.

    I wouldn't be that survivor. I love that map, even if it's a doctor that I have to play against.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    Why not remove map offerings completely instead?

    I think if they did then 90% of games would be Coldwind, Autohaven and McMillan. At least with map offerings you can get some variety. Or if you are trying a certain build on a killer that works best on a specific map e.g. jump scare Myers on Lery's.

  • @Aven_Fallen and @Dwight_Fairfield

    For me, it doesn't feel like I get Coldwind, Autohaven and MacMillan all the time when no offering is brought into the game. But if it is the case, the devs could simply change the algorithm a bit.

    With SWF groups it feels like it's Coldwind Farm or Haddonfield 80% of the time anyway. That's how it is when only one of 4 players has to bring the offering.

    It would be more fair if nobody could set the ground with map offerings. The only problem I see with this is Mirror Michaels.

    Maybe as an alternative, the chance of map offerings spawning in the bloodwebs could be reduced greatly.

  • Do you really get 80% of your matches having Coldwind offerings from survivors? I am legitimately surprised at that because I can't remember the last time I saw a survivor burn one. Killers yes, usually Hillbillys or Leatherfaces, but very rarely survivors.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/360648#Comment_360648

    Oh really? I did not know that Survivors can burn Map Offerings. The OP specially mentioned Killers, so I answered that way.

    And well, Coldwind Farm is the only Map Offering that can be problematic. But still, it is part of the game. And honestly, I almost never have Coldwind Offerings in my game (of course I am not part of a 4 man SWF that wants to burn a Coldwind Offering and Mist Offerings, so I know that they get burned).

    But, like I said, if the Killer wants to have a preferred Map, he can use an Offering. If the OP had a frustrating Nurse game on Coldwind, he can have a new game and wants to go to Autohaven. Easy.

    @NoShinyPony

    I dont think that this is needed. As a Survivor I like to have the option to pick a Map (except Coldwind) if I am having a bad day and dont want to end up on one of my hated Maps (again).

    And for Killer it would remove a lot of quite viable Options for good/fun builds. Or simply remove the option to avoid Coldwind Maps.

    It's not as much about offerings as it is the apparent frequency of Coldwind maps. Over the past 3 days maybe 40% of the matches I've played were on Coldwind, without offerings.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    You want to remove maps that are disadvantageous and abuse maps that work to your benefit. Nurses and spirits and even legions often burn a The Game map for the obvious reasons.

    Man, I just want to play the game. Vs good survivors you don't get to play the game on Coldwind.

  • I would take corn over swamp.