No solo players at all?
Is it just me or does literally every single lobby get flooded by 4 man SWF teams today? I've had like 5 games against obvious voice com SWF teams now (got d-striked by non-obsessions multiple times. Can't wait for the decisive changes) and it's really getting annoying at some point as they're just acting cheeky all the time no matter wether they lose or not.
Did like all solo players quit the game simultaneously or something?
I know I have stopped playing solo survivor myself for several reasons but surely there must be any solo players out there or was I the last one of my kind (Red Dead Redemption reference lol)?
In all those games combined only 1 survivor escaped and even then the whole team acted like they destroyed me completely.
Comments
Yes, there are.
It's just you.
No, they didn't.
No, you weren't.
They changed it like 3 patches ago so all lobbies try to get 4 people before loading in. This was to make it harder to detect SWF so lobby dodging would slow down. It sadly seems to have backfired as loads of people clearly never read this change and lobby dodge even more.
-After checking the patch notes again, the above information is incorrect so I shall correct myself here.
-The change I mentioned above was introduced in the PTB during Legions release (Darkness Among Us) but never officially made its way into the game itself. So I guess there is a possibility we could see it during the official release of Chapter 11 but it is currently not in effect. Sorry for the misinformation.
Hi 👋 I’m a solo player , what’s up? Maybe I can help with your solo issues. You have questions? I’ve got answers! Im here to help.
Oooh ok I thought that change was coming with chapter 11. Well, those were clearly SWF teams though as they collectively insulted me and spammed party invitations as soon as one of them died.
You sir - are a hero. You're not on console, aren't you?
@Yamaoka I am on console, ps4. TheHeroLives
I'm a solo player. My usual group has stopped playing DbD.
@Orion what’s up solo buddy 😁
So Yamaoka, finally see how it is being a killer?
I am a solo player myself but lobby times are atrocious on ps4. I mostly play killer now. It can be good or bad experience.
That's an odd question considering I've played killer before you and generally started playing dbd as a killer main. I honestly didn't get that many cheeky SWF teams back then, though. Especially that party invitation spamming is just messed up. I couldn't concentrate on the game and I had no time to block the guys.
Oh I didn't knew that, I was judging your comments. Killer can be hell. When I want to relax I play survivor but like I said I can't find a game easily.
If you can gain such an immense advantage by playing SWF, why wouldnt you?
Solo here!
Because it sucks. Sorry solo just isn't fun would rather play killer
Mostly a solo player here.
Not gonna play solo again until rank system is fixed.
I play solo, swf just attracts killers who are desperate which I do get.
same, started playing with friends but they lost interest.
I play solo and occasionally I'll get into ranks with lower ranks for whatever reason (possibly the new matchmaking). Sometimes we have good synergy. It all depends, I think.
Ive been solo for 2 years now. Only 200h of my gameplay is SWF out of 1700, close to 500 is playing killer. I don't SWF because all my friends quit playing because of how toxic the community is. Then, any groups ive found since play overly toxic and bully the killer, which shouldn't be a thing. Or there have absolutely ZERO Mic discipline. I hate hearing what the hell people are watching on TV or have their mother yelling at them. ffs.
There's no incentive for players to play solo. Literally none. Even if you don't play toxic, the killer main majority will be sweaty. But I'm waiting for the upcoming update for emblems. High ranking killers will have to adapt to actually doing ######### outside of camping and tunneling. I'm honestly sick of 500-4000 point games as a survivor when I do 4 gens and several totems but can't get unhook or altruistic points because the killer is playing a specific way. Get the hatch? oh wow 9,000 points. Lemme get those 2 blood web spots real fast. It's heavily punished to be even slightly altruistic as it is, but solo players will always get the shaft in this game. I've just accepted it. I don't even hardly run from the killer anymore, since i'm usually only found because of another player. I enjoy the actual stealth aspect of the game.
And you wonder where the solo playerbase has gone... lmao
It's so hard to find games for Survivor now on console
Last time I played swf was over 2 months ago and probably have done it at most 5 times, being a solo is hard when you can't rely on your team.
That was never announced, and is not true. That is the final intent, but the code to fully do that has not been implemented. The next patch will bring us closer, but there is still at least 1 more patch beyond that, to get to this new system. They are still testing the matchmaking, which is currently worse than all of the previous systems, when it comes to balance.
ON TOPIC:
I have pretty much stopped playing solo survivor due to the ranking system. Once the new system is in place, I’ll give it a try. I refuse to play with others who are playing at a rank that is seriously out of their league.
I was confident they implemented the change already as far as lobby grouping went and the other matchmaking changes with how it groups "similar skilled" players was being tested. Maybe I am wrong I'll take a deeper look myself and correct my post should I be misinformed.
@Kaelum
I guess you are correct. It seems the change was live on the PTB following Legions release (Darkness Amount Us) but it has not been officially released into the game. That seems to be where my misunderstanding came from. I'll correct the post but thanks for pointing it out.
It's not just today.
I only play survivor in SWF, because of the freeze bug. If one of us freezes, we can all back out of the game.
I always play solo - but I admit after a few trials I often find myself questioning my life choices.
I mostly play with my friends because its more fun for me that way, but when i do play solo sometimes, i remember why i dont like doing it. Mainly for the fact that i always get paired up with the most 'aint #########' teammates the entity could find. Almost every solo player game i play, i always get left on MY FIRST HOOK to struggle, and if they do decide to finally pull me off, they always farm me RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE KILLER so i end up going down and leaving the trial with maybe a couple thousand points. Now when it happens i just DC and give no ######### about it.
No solo players at all?
Yup right here hehe. I think I have around 250 some hours now and all of that has been solo. I've taken a break for a while now ( other games;) but I still like it.
I usually play solo, sometimes i'll SWF with one or 2 other people. But now i am starting to just play solo more just for the hell of it.