Thank you devs for no VOICE COMS ingame.

This is not even a meme. I am seriously appreciative that the devs went against the idea of having one.

For both sides that surely is benefical. I don't want someone shouting all these slurs when playing solo survivor or playing as a killer.

Just look at the end game chat itself, now put that during the match. Oof

Thanks again Devs. Much love! <3

Comments

  • This is not even a meme. I am seriously appreciative that the devs went against the idea of having one. For both sides that surely is benefical.

    So what? Using any of the free dozens of 3rd party software takes 5 mins

    In-game and specially "distance-based voice" using the newest trends such as VR, make games more interactive a d scary

    Sooner or later it will be implemented due to the pressure of the game industry

  • @BACKSTABBER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/51169/thank-you-devs-for-no-voice-coms-ingame

    So what? Using any of the free dozens of 3rd party software takes 5 mins

    In game and specially "distance based voice" using the newest trends such as VR, making games more interactive

    Sooner or later it will be implemented due to the pressure of the game industry

    Cool, thanks for sharing your two cents. I wasn't aware of such 3rd party softwares. Never once in my solo survivor experience was I offered to join a discord or teamspeak to play ONE match. "Sooner or later it will" With the state of voice coms that happens with SWFs and adding it with solo players, ain't gonna happen. They clearly stated it many times in their streams. The only reason I bring this up in a thread is because I see way too much toxic teammates going full on keyboard warrior status when the end game chat happens. I sit there thinking like damn, now imagine if they were able to use their mic lol. Again thnx for ur two cents.

  • Glad we have no voice communications. Image what advantage that would give survivors. Being able to coordinate that well.

  • @HeHeBoii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/358423#Comment_358423

    Cool, thanks for sharing your two cents. I wasn't aware of such 3rd party softwares. Never once in my solo survivor experience was I offered to join a discord or teamspeak to play ONE match. "Sooner or later it will" With the state of voice coms that happens with SWFs and adding it with solo players, ain't gonna happen. They clearly stated it many times in their streams. The only reason I bring this up in a thread is because I see way too much toxic teammates going full on keyboard warrior status when the end game chat happens. I sit there thinking like damn, now imagine if they were able to use their mic lol. Again thnx for ur two cents.

    Thanks bro but u cant simply realize how cool would be whispering in distance-based chat to other surv, and the killer more far couldn't listen.

    That interactivity will come in the next 5yrs since increases how scary is the game, and just to adapt to the gaming trends, wanna bet? Ofc u can always disable/mute

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Glad we have no voice communications. Image what advantage that would give survivors. Being able to coordinate that well.

    That is a huge factor. Also another one is the community would be way more toxic than what we experience now. "YO what the hell man, why didn't you unhook me!"

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Glad we have no voice communications. Image what advantage that would give survivors. Being able to coordinate that well.

    But killer could listen to them

  • @BACKSTABBER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/358429#Comment_358429

    Thanks bro but u cant simply realize how cool would be whispering in distance-based chat to other surv, and the killer more far couldn't listen.

    That interactivity will come in the next 5yrs since increases how scary is the game, and just to adapt to the gaming trends, wanna bet? Ofc u can always disable/mute

    Listen beautiful, it won't happen. So it's your "assumption" vs. the devs official statement. I'll go with yours because you are credible.

  • Yeah okay, but open a thread for that?

    What's there to discuss?

  • @Boss said:

    Yeah okay, but open a thread for that?

    What's there to discuss?

    Because I can? I see people talking about it on other threads and made my own maybe?

  • @HeHeBoii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/358437#Comment_358437

    Listen beautiful, it won't happen. So it's your "assumption" vs. the devs official statement. I'll go with yours because you are credible.

    In 5yrs so very many things will happen

    DBD will be obsolete if it doesn't adapt to the newest trends on VR and distance-based voice comm

  • @Boss said:

    Yeah okay, but open a thread for that?

    What's there to discuss?

    Also constructive feedback to the devs. Maybe instead of criticizing the devs on the things they do wrong or somethings we don't like. Maybe something different where one would show their appreciation?

  • @BACKSTABBER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/358441#Comment_358441

    In 5yrs so very many things will happen

    DBD will be obsolete if it doesn't adapt to the newest trends on VR and distance-based voice comm

    Cool, still won't happen.

  • @BACKSTABBER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/358429#Comment_358429

    Thanks bro but u cant simply realize how cool would be whispering in distance-based chat to other surv, and the killer more far couldn't listen.

    That interactivity will come in the next 5yrs since increases how scary is the game, and just to adapt to the gaming trends, wanna bet? Ofc u can always disable/mute

    Except what normally happens is a solo player is forced to listen to some moron’s music blaring, people close to their mic talking, some sweaty mouth breathing, them mashing buttons, and the occasional ‘hello?’ in the vain hope that someone else is actually using the feature.

    Third party software is there for people in SWF groups who want it. No need to force it on people who don’t want it while playing a game that isn’t build around team communication.

  • @Tarvesh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/358437#Comment_358437

    Except what normally happens is a solo player is forced to listen to some moron’s music blaring, people close to their mic talking, some sweaty mouth breathing, them mashing buttons, and the occasional ‘hello?’ In the vain hope that someone else is actually usi g the feature.

    Third party software if there for people in SWF groups who want it. No need to force it on people who don’t want it while playing a game that isn’t build around team communication.

    Bruh the end game chat is where keyboard warriors come to shine. I can't imagine how much people gonna yell at each other during the match.

  • @HeHeBoii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/358456#Comment_358456

    Bruh the end game chat is where keyboard warriors come to shine. I can't imagine how much people gonna yell at each other during the match.

    Exactly. Best to leave to their end game screw battlefield then have them in your ear the entire game.

  • All I want to accomplish with this thread is to say thank you to the devs for a fantastic decision is all. Ofc not everyone going to agree but devs love constructive feedback. This one ain't a negative Nancy one.

  • @HeHeBoii party chat is built into consoles, and it only takes about 10 seconds to invite the entire lobby. So, it may not be all that commonplace on PC, but it certainly is on console, which has 10x as many players.

    P.S. In all the games that I have played, there hasn’t been one toxic party chat. If you don’t get along with the people you are chatting with, you just leave the chat. But it has never been anything like the type written chat that I’ve seen in YouTube videos, or streams.

  • @Kaelum said:

    @HeHeBoii party chat is built into consoles, and it only takes about 10 seconds to invite the entire lobby. So, it may not be all that commonplace on PC, but it certainly is on console, which has 10x as many players.

    Eh, the devs even said that on their stream that they can't combat 3rd party softwares and build in party chat on consoles. Still an amazing decision and bless them for it.

  • @HeHeBoii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/358442#Comment_358442

    Because I can? I see people talking about it on other threads and made my own maybe?

    Sure, but you don't really present a discussion.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/358446#Comment_358446

    Sure, but you don't really present a discussion.

    This is a case where you fail to see the part where I mentioned "Constructive Feedback" Unlike others, I am giving constructive feedback on an awesome decision. Instead of yelling at the devs on any little thing they do to the game.

  • @HeHeBoii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/358466#Comment_358466

    This is a case where you fail to see the part where I mentioned "Constructive Feedback" Unlike others, I am giving constructive feedback on an awesome decision. Instead of yelling at the devs on any little thing they do to the game.

    I didn't fail to read that at all.

    Just saying you're not discussing in a discussion section.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/358469#Comment_358469

    I didn't fail to read that at all.

    Just saying you're not discussing in a discussion section.

    You commenting back isn't adding any value so I'll leave you be. Have a wonderful day beautiful <3

  • @HeHeBoii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/358477#Comment_358477

    You commenting back isn't adding any value so I'll leave you be. Have a wonderful day beautiful <3

    You too, and good luck.

  • As for Toxicity it's a great idea to not have Voice comms, it could get really bad from the Killer and visa versa from Survivors trolling. Damn I would need a mute button to play this game holy #########, F13 has voice comms and it never gets as bad as the end game chat.

  • @HatCreature said:

    As for Toxicity it's a great idea to not have Voice comms, it could get really bad from the Killer and visa versa from Survivors trolling. Damn I would need a mute button to play this game holy #########, F13 has voice comms and it never gets as bad as the end game chat.

    Not having voice coms makes it more unique than other tittles as well.

  • @BACKSTABBER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/51169/thank-you-devs-for-no-voice-coms-ingame

    So what? Using any of the free dozens of 3rd party software takes 5 mins

    In game and specially "distance based voice" using the newest trends such as VR, making games more interactive

    Sooner or later it will be implemented due to the pressure of the game industry

    @BACKSTABBER

    Did you just say adding voice chat would make the game more scary? Lmao that's hilarious. Hearing the killer or survivers start sprouting slurs at you would totally kill the mood. The killer without a voice is one of the things that actually makes the game scary.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/358423#Comment_358423

    @BACKSTABBER

    Did you just say adding voice chat would make the game more scary? Lmao that's hilarious. Hearing the killer or survivers start sprouting slurs at you would totally kill the mood. The killer without a voice is one of the things that actually makes the game scary.

    Amen. No communication between nobody makes the atmosphere more better. Ofc can't do anything about swfs on coms but when you get those matches when nobody knows each other. The game gets more intense rather than someone calling out every move the killer makes. "The Killer looked at the wall!"

  • Yeah thanks. That way the game will never be balanced around comms and SWF will always have the edge.

  • But sadly, I agree with you. Stupid 12yo ruin every game with in game comms and there's no point having to mute them all the time.

  • Game design, hello? Asymmetrical Horror Game. You’re not supposed to communicate (at least from it’s initial standpoint), to generate a feeling of distrust amongst survivors, since each person has their own playstyle, goals, and morals— all of which affect gameplay in some way.

    Plus, if you’re on Console you have party systems, and if you’re on PC you have Discord.

    communications aren’t necessary, I play solo on PC and I’ve turned out just fine thus far.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/358423#Comment_358423

    @BACKSTABBER

    Did you just say adding voice chat would make the game more scary? Lmao that's hilarious. Hearing the killer or survivers start sprouting slurs at you would totally kill the mood. The killer without a voice is one of the things that actually makes the game scary.

    @ProfoundEnding Just imagine this:

    The map is Haddonfield, you're fixing the house of pain generator. Right after you finish the generator you climb out of the window and Michael Myers is waiting across the street. As his cold, heartless eyes peer into your soul you begin to . . .

    (In a 12 year old boy's pre puberty high pitched voice.)

    Hiiiiii Katie!

    I see yoooouuu.

    Truly the stuff of nightmares.

  • @Condorloco_26 said:

    Yeah thanks. That way the game will never be balanced around comms and SWF will always have the edge.

    The minority, i.e. solo survivors and killers, will always be screwed over.

    Its sad

  • @Peasant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/358545#Comment_358545

    @ProfoundEnding Just imagine this:

    The map is Haddonfield, you're fixing the house of pain generator. Right after you finish the generator you climb out of the window and Michael Myers is waiting across the street. As his cold, heartless eyes peer into your soul you begin to . . .

    (In a 12 year old boy's pre puberty high pitched voice.)

    Hiiiiii Katie!

    I see yoooouuu.

    Truly the stuff of nightmares.

    why u put an example of the worst case possible of a solo game?

    how about you are in dying state and whisper to survs that didn't see you "hey, im are behind you please heal me" so the killer who is more far away cant hear you due to the "distance-based" feature

  • In all honesty in-game voice just makes my head hurt. I both want it and don't want it at the same time.

    If they do choose to add it though, I pray they make it proximity based. That way folks can at least meme with it.

    Besides, it adds mind game potential. Imagine being downed by the killer and after they pick you up you just say "Feng stop touching the f-ing totem he's right here!"

    Proximity chat has its problems, but it's better than just adding in a standard voice chat that nobody will use.

  • @BACKSTABBER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/359371#Comment_359371

    why u put an example of the worst case possible of a solo game?

    how about you are in dying state and whisper to survs that didn't see you "hey, im are behind you please heal me" so the killer who is more far away cant hear you due to the "distance-based" feature

    @BACKSTABBER Did you see my latest post in the thread? I actually like the idea of a proximity chat. I just worry about the consequences it would entail.

  • @Peasant said:

    In all honesty in-game voice just makes my head hurt. I both want it and don't want it at the same time.

    If they do choose to add it though, I pray they make it proximity based. That way folks can at least meme with it.

    Besides, it adds mind game potential. Imagine being downed by the killer and after they pick you up you just say "Feng stop touching the f-ing totem he's right here!"

    Proximity chat has its problems, but it's better than just adding in a standard voice chat that nobody will use.

    This made me laugh. That’s exactly how I’d use it too. Probably would mute it tbh also gg to the help with their in game sounds still wired to their tv/pc and not through their headphones. I swear I want to murder them. Especially in swf Bc like 1 I can hear the killers tr through their mic and it ######### me up Bc I’m think the killer is near me. Or you hear their gen noises, and if you’re also doing gens it can mess with you. If the killer can hear that too lulz

  • You as the killer start the game. You move with practices expertise. You know where the survivors will be. You hear the waking clicks of a fresh generator trying to sputter to life. You turn the corner, swing your weapon and blood geysers everywhere.

    The Survivors scatters like cockroaches in the light but not without the ear piercing howl of “Oh my gawwwwwd! Why do they always hit me first! This is dumb!”

    ”Ha ha! You got hit first again!”

    ”Just run and we’ll all go do another generator.”

    ”If he hooks me I’m DCing so he can’t rank up.”

    ”Lawl! You salty bruh!”


    Dead By Daight.

    Experience the horror.

  • @HeroLives said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/359399#Comment_359399

    This made me laugh. That’s exactly how I’d use it too. Probably would mute it tbh also gg to the help with their in game sounds still wired to their tv/pc and not through their headphones. I swear I want to murder them. Especially in swf Bc like 1 I can hear the killers tr through their mic and it ######### me up Bc I’m think the killer is near me. Or you hear their gen noises, and if you’re also doing gens it can mess with you. If the killer can hear that too lulz

    I can just imagine a Frosty Eyes, Moldy, Frank's Mix Tape and Cold Dirt Legion blaring Megalovania through their mic just for the memes.

  • I sometimes just wish there were voice comms in-game, so that when someone does nothing but crouch or keeps on hiding for no reason I can tell them to just be useful for once and work on the generator that they have crouched past multiple times. As killer it could be funny too when using prayer beads or scratched mirror.

  • @JoannaVO said:

    I sometimes just wish there were voice comms in-game, so that when someone does nothing but crouch or keeps on hiding for no reason I can tell them to just be useful for once and work on the generator that they have crouched past multiple times. As killer it could be funny too when using prayer beads or scratched mirror.

    @JoannaVO Spirit and Myers would be awesome with soundboards. Just get right on top of someone and as you grab play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sXlaBa75Iw

  • @JoannaVO said:

    I sometimes just wish there were voice comms in-game, so that when someone does nothing but crouch or keeps on hiding for no reason I can tell them to just be useful for once and work on the generator that they have crouched past multiple times. As killer it could be funny too when using prayer beads or scratched mirror.

    Of course ingame voice comms would be only for survivors, or everyone would use discord/ts again

  • @Peasant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/359502#Comment_359502

    I can just imagine a Frosty Eyes, Moldy, Frank's Mix Tape and Cold Dirt Legion blaring Megalovania through their mic just for the memes.

    Clowns playing the insidious movie theme song with bamboozle”climbing through the window”

    I think it’s going to go both ways if it happens lots of fun and more bonding and also a pure shitshow for the players who like to spread hate.

  • I think it would be reasonable to give the killer the ability to hear survivors when in a certain range. Atleast survivors won't go and yell their lungs out all the time without giving their position away. ^

    Survivors and killers communicating could either be funny as hell or toxic, that's why I always loved F13, because of the way the killer communicates with the counselors and vice versa.

  • @JoannaVO said:

    I think it would be reasonable to give the killer the ability to hear survivors when in a certain range. Atleast survivors won't go and yell their lungs out all the time without giving their position away. ^

    Survivors and killers communicating could either be funny as hell or toxic, that's why I always loved F13, because of the way the killer communicates with the counselors and vice versa.

    That's what I'm saying! If you're gonna let folks talk, let everyone talk!

  • @Master Let's be Frank here, if the developers added a survivor only chat in Dead by Daylight I sincerely believe that fewer than 20% of PC players would use it. Console already has the party system so that might be lucky to see all of 10%.

    Besides, Killer x Survivor communications would finally let you talk down to downed survivors, something I think you would appreciate.

  • My primary concerns with a voice chat in Dead by Daylight are:

    • How will it be implemented? (A Survivor only alternative to Discord and Party chats that nobody will use, or a proximity chat that will see some use?)
    • How will the in-game chat affect toxicity? Are people going to be more toxic with this?
    • How will this chat affect "gamer girls"? I think we've all seen the stories of girls being harassed online by creeps or worse.
    • How will this affect people of differing sexualities? It won't come up every game (hopefully) but in games like Overwatch I've read that folks don't take too kindly to people of differing sexual orientations.

    I genuinely think that a proximity-based voice chat might be a fun addition to Dead by Daylight, but I worry about what the cost of such a system will be.

    @BACKSTABBER

  • @Peasant said:

    @Master Let's be Frank here, if the developers added a survivor only chat in Dead by Daylight I sincerely believe that fewer than 20% of PC players would use it. Console already has the party system so that might be lucky to see all of 10%.

    Besides, Killer x Survivor communications would finally let you talk down to downed survivors, something I think you would appreciate.

    We don't need more opportunities for players to be toxic, we need fewer opportunities for players to be toxic.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/359543#Comment_359543

    We don't need more opportunities for players to be toxic, we need fewer opportunities for players to be toxic.

    While normally I'd agree with you @Orion I am simply afraid that you cannot remove toxicity without silencing everyone. Besides, if we create openings for people to be toxic then we can just simply report them with certainty once they do so. Online games will always be toxic thanks to VPNs and the like blocking tracking, letting people shout obscenities behind the safety of a screen with minimal consequences. All we can hope to do is make toxicity more clear and profound, to better allow us to counter it.

  • @Peasant said:

    @Master Let's be Frank here, if the developers added a survivor only chat in Dead by Daylight I sincerely believe that fewer than 20% of PC players would use it. Console already has the party system so that might be lucky to see all of 10%.

    Besides, Killer x Survivor communications would finally let you talk down to downed survivors, something I think you would appreciate.

    I know, but they need to be given the ABILITY to communicate, otherwise the game can never be balanced.


    Look at overwatch for example, most players dont give a damn about voice chat and disable it, but the higher you climb the more people use it and actually take advantage of it.

    Same should hold for DBD, in rank 15, nobody will probably bother but once you get to rank 5 or higher, you should use it or you will be at an disadvantage.

    You will never be able to force casual players into playing competitively (in particular voice comms), but if you need to give them the ability if they want to.

  • @Peasant said:

    My primary concerns with a voice chat in Dead by Daylight are:

    • How will it be implemented? (A Survivor only alternative to Discord and Party chats that nobody will use, or a proximity chat that will see some use?)
    • How will the in-game chat affect toxicity? Are people going to be more toxic with this?
    • How will this chat affect "gamer girls"? I think we've all seen the stories of girls being harassed online by creeps or worse.
    • How will this affect people of differing sexualities? It won't come up every game (hopefully) but in games like Overwatch I've read that folks don't take too kindly to people of differing sexual orientations.

    I genuinely think that a proximity-based voice chat might be a fun addition to Dead by Daylight, but I worry about what the cost of such a system will be.

    @BACKSTABBER

    @Peasant as a gamer girl I can confirm that boys do sexually harass me and get weird stalker vibes often Bc I’m a girl. That’s one reason I don’t swf often with people i don’t know or haven’t played with before that are just chill. I have a decent sized block list of these creeps.

‹ 1 2