Legion is unplayable because of people disconnecting against them

I play every killer and thus I also play Legion. I think the Legion look awesome and I enjoy playing them.

However, I can't have a normal match as the Legion. Literally all 5 times I played today had survivors just giving up immediately, they killed themselves on hook or disconnected.

This is unacceptable.

I know Legion is not the most fun killer to go against but I don't even tunnel or camp or use NOED or play scummy.

I'm sorry but these "memes" about Legion and disconnecting just encouraged a lot of players to disconnect against Legion because they think it's a cool thing to do and they think every Legion is super scummy.

In my opinion a good Nurse is 10000 times more annoying than a Legion to go against. While there is no counter to Legion in a 1v1 chase, they lack killing potential and usually get gen rushed hard. It also takes a while to down someone because you have to hit them 4 times if you don't use a mixtape so survivors have time to do gens.

A Nurse can kill you even faster than Legion and a good Nurse, especially with omegablink or 3+ blinks has no counter for survivors either, there is even less counter to a good Nurse than a Legion and a Nurse can put out way more pressure.

The devs have to address this disconnecting against Legion issue. It's annoying for everybody and completely ruins playing this killer.


EDIT: Don't forget to mention that when I play survivor and face a Legion and half of my team immediately disconnects it's a horrible gaming experience as well. When it becomes a 3v1 usually a second and third person disconnects and it just becomes horrible for every person involved in the match.

Comments

  • @Master said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/356727#Comment_356727

    Exploits? @Mc_Harty what are you talking about?

    Breaking the chase and moonwalking is a feature, not exploiting a bug.

    The devs stated it wasn't an intended mechanic and if it got abused too much they'd change it hence why they're planning changes. Abusing an unintended mechanic is exploiting plain and simple and you know it.


    If moonwalking wasn't unintended that'd have been part of his kit which it isn't and when it came up they said so. Bottom line if you as a Legion has to moonwalk you not only suck, but you're exploiting.

  • @Eveline said:

    Same people hate lobby dodging.

    I hate lobby dodging and I'll never DC on a legion , DC is the most annoying thing as another survivor in the match

  • All i have to say is good, maybe instead of relying on some broke high school kid to get kills, you'll actually put some effort and time into a killer that deserves it.

    Legion is not fun, period, and most of the time, people will cheese with them simply because they suck that bad most of the time with him. So i don't feel bad for you at all, if anything that's what you get.

  • @Orion said:

    There's only one solution: everyone should play the Legion until all the DCers get banned.

    Good idea. Then killer lobbies can go from 10 min to 1hr. :)

  • @Orion said:

    There's only one solution: everyone should play the Legion until all the DCers get banned.

    I like this idea but we should wait for disconnecting to be pointed out by devs as breaking the rules (go read the eula). If you want to break the rules then you should revoke the agreement and see how far that gets you.

  • @feechima said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/356656#Comment_356656

    Good idea. Then killer lobbies can go from 10 min to 1hr. :)

    Killer lobbies are instantaneous.

  • @AshleyWB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/356656#Comment_356656

    I like this idea but we should wait for disconnecting to be pointed out by devs as breaking the rules (go read the eula). If you want to break the rules then you should revoke the agreement and see how far that gets you.

    It is breaking the rules, which is why if you do it too much, you get banned.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I'm sorry, but I have a strict Legion rule. Play hard till caught, then die on hook asap. Legion is likely the worst design for a killer one could think of. I only play survivor 20% of the time. Holding M1 through the deluge of campers and tunneled is already boring enough, but here's Legion! His ability makes you hold M1 twice as much! Nope.

    I can usually avoid the first hook for a gen or 2, so not like I'm completely screwing over the team, especially when one is my wife and she has the same rule.

    Does not help that 90% of Legion players are massive tunnel and camp types.

  • @Orion said:

    There's only one solution: everyone should play the Legion until all the DCers get banned.

    Pretty dumb idea. You won't have anyone to play against. Survivors are making a statement to the devs by dc'ing or quickly dying to Legion. Similar to a boycott. I, for one, support them. I don't run Legion, but do heavily play Trapper, Clown, Pig, Hag, Wraith, Shape, and Doc. I don't get that many DC's.

    I rarely play survivor, but will not play a full game vs Legion. I die on 1st hook every time. Dumb design and mostly toxic azzhats that play him.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/356656#Comment_356656

    Pretty dumb idea. You won't have anyone to play against. Survivors are making a statement to the devs by dc'ing or quickly dying to Legion. Similar to a boycott. I, for one, support them. I don't run Legion, but do heavily play Trapper, Clown, Pig, Hag, Wraith, Shape, and Doc. I don't get that many DC's.

    I rarely play survivor, but will not play a full game vs Legion. I die on 1st hook every time. Dumb design and mostly toxic azzhats that play him.

    Survivors are doing nothing except ######### over killers who want to play the Legion. It only seems fair that they get punished for it.

  • It's a multiplayer game, if people can't deal with the fact that other player will not play the way they want they are welcome to ######### off and play some other game that can be played in solo or pve

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/356873#Comment_356873

    It is breaking the rules, which is why if you do it too much, you get banned.

    And Legion is breaking th whole game. Ban all Legion player.

    PS: Here you have your troll cookie.

  • We are the Legion. You can't escape us.

  • As a survivor main I only DC if the lag is horrable (or it is obvious they are lag switchinhg) I have DCed a total of three games. As a killer though I notice this with almost any killer I play. I played the doctor once and as soon as the first person screamed they dced and it snowballed from there. (Thanks for the easy adept) I find the legion fun to play against so I don't understand why all the DC on him. But in general the number of survivors that DC are stupid. If you are not going to play the game in full, then find another game. (Goes the same to killers that dc because they got a map they don't like or thhier hex gets destroyed)

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/356740#Comment_356740

    I'm not condoning dc'ing, but the concept of leaving the match a.s.a.p. like if players want to go and die on first hook is absolutely fine and their right.

    Why should they suffer a match they are not enjoying? At the end of the day you are in this game for your own enjoyment. Not to appease other players. If you're not enjoying a match then end it. Go find the killer and die on the hook. Only a fool would waste their free time on tedium rather than moving on to something they enjoy.

    Killing yourself on hook is the same as disconnecting because you intentionally end the game quickly.

  • You can thank Noob3 for that. He does it actively on his stream, and talks about doing it. It's an absolute disgrace. You can beat legion, he has some counter play to him.

    "but If he wants to get you, he gets you."

    Yeah, but he's not getting those other three people you were smart enough to lead him away from right? Cause you know survivors tend to spawn on the same side of the map, about 40m from eachother, cause you aren't brand new?

    That mean those three people, who are not working on the same generator at the start of the game because discordance exists and it's a bad start, especially against legion, are working on 2-3 gens while you go down.


    Remember kids, the world doesn't revolve around you. Just because you get hooked doesn't mean the game is over. And just because the killer kills 2 doesn't mean he won. That's like a tie game. But people act like killers shouldn't get it.

  • I don't blame them in particular.

    If you had to do lots of practicing to get better that might be a different story, but as far as I am concerned with Legion, you pick, play, and conquer, doesn't really need much practice.

  • @Claudette_Baguette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/356749#Comment_356749

    Killing yourself on hook is the same as disconnecting because you intentionally end the game quickly.

    No its not the same, because first of all you are not denying a killer their sacrifice points, or potentially working toward an achievement or getting a daily done. Second, its not a bannable offense to die on the first hook. Third it is a player's right to leave the match early if they want to. They are not obligated, morally or otherwise, to endure a tedious match to appease other players' enjoyment. The only enjoyment you are concerned with is your own.

    If most players don't enjoy facing Legion, and you find you're not getting satisfactory matches because of that, then don't play the Legion. Because nobody should be expected to waste their valuable free time on something they loathe just because you or anyone else wants to play the Legion. If you do expect them to then you need a serious reality check.

    Simple as that.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/356766#Comment_356766

    I forgot that making a timer countdown during a chase, when it's specifically design not to do so, wasn't considered a ######### exploit.

    But when you are not looking at the survivor, you are not in a chase?

    I still remember all the survivors answering "just stay in chase" when bloodlust breaks repeatedly at some loops.... but now its an issue suddenly =)

  • Because everyones a bunch of babies and can't adept to change. Can't wait for the next batch of babies dcing every time they see the Plague.

  • @Eveline said:

    We are the Legion. You can't escape us.

    Options, Cirlcle, X

  • DCing because you're against a particular Killer is hilarious... You're part of the problem where that game now has 3-2 players playing it and essentially ruined everyone else's fun and time...you are...in the most blunt manner...a spoiled ######### brat. Get over yourself and get the Hell out of multiplayer co-op games.


    I've gone against every Killer multiple times and several Killers are in fact, annoying to play against...I suck it up and,play the game out....

  • @Nikkiwhat said:

    DCing because you're against a particular Killer is hilarious... You're part of the problem where that game now has 3-2 players playing it and essentially ruined everyone else's fun and time...you are...in the most blunt manner...a spoiled ######### brat. Get over yourself and get the Hell out of multiplayer co-op games.

    I've gone against every Killer multiple times and several Killers are in fact, annoying to play against...I suck it up and,play the game out....

    How are we the problem when even some developers have said legion is a mistake...

  • @BoxingRouge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/357163#Comment_357163

    How are we the problem when even some developers have said legion is a mistake...

    Because you're intentionally breaking the rules and disconnecting, therefore screwing 4 other people out of the game that they play. Not to mention to play with a killer they paid for. You might not like it, cool. But that doesnt mean you have to screw someone else, 4 someone elses over, because you cant handle change.


    Guess what? i hate playing against a good billy and myers sometimes but you dont see me dcing whenever I see one lol i strap on my big boy pants and finish the game.

  • @Nikkiwhat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/357170#Comment_357170

    Because your throwing the 3 other players under the bus you dimwitted dingbat...Ive had plenty of 2-4 man escapes against Legion..guess what...when you little shits DC, that chance of people escaping drops right down.

    Get off your high horse and play the game or leave if you're gonna DC, Literally the biggest issue this game and community has is people DCing..

    Yeah keep with the insults, I’m triggering a nerve here I see. Lol.

  • @Orion I know dcing is against the rules but people who dc deny that. They say it says nothing specific about disconnecting. Which is why I think the devs should just turn round and say 'If you disconnect frequently you are breaching the eula and you may be banned.'

  • @BoxingRouge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/357171#Comment_357171

    Yeah keep with the insults, I’m triggering a nerve here I see. Lol.

    Nope, you deserve fair treatment with your ######### behavior. Glad to see you acknowledge you gladly screw over teammates. :)

  • @Nikkiwhat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/357170#Comment_357170

    Because your throwing the 3 other players under the bus you dimwitted dingbat...Ive had plenty of 2-4 man escapes against Legion..guess what...when you little shits DC, that chance of people escaping drops right down.

    Get off your high horse and play the game or leave if you're gonna DC, Literally the biggest issue this game and community has is people DCing..

    You are reported.

  • @Nikkiwhat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/357174#Comment_357174

    Nope, you deserve fair treatment with your ######### behavior. Glad to see you acknowledge you gladly screw over teammates. :)

    Luckily I don’t face legions in my games as much, so I couldn’t care less. I’m pretty sure the other survivors are having the time of their life’s too.

  • @BoxingRouge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/357178#Comment_357178

    Luckily I don’t face legions in my games as much, so I couldn’t care less. I’m pretty sure the other survivors are having the time of their life’s too.

    What a model Survivor you are.

  • "L.O.L i'm playing Legion, tunneling and camping peope im so original"

  • How dare the devs not balance the game and leave one class stupidly broken and OP so that no one wants to play against them, bad devs! XD

  • @LegitAdventurer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/357170#Comment_357170

    Because you're intentionally breaking the rules and disconnecting, therefore screwing 4 other people out of the game that they play. Not to mention to play with a killer they paid for. You might not like it, cool. But that doesnt mean you have to screw someone else, 4 someone elses over, because you cant handle change.

    Guess what? i hate playing against a good billy and myers sometimes but you dont see me dcing whenever I see one lol i strap on my big boy pants and finish the game.

    I paid for the chapter too and I would rather face an instasaw hillbilly or an infinite tier 3 myeres.

  • Legion sucks so can't blame peeps for dc'ing.

  • Spirit's my main, so I can oblige that request 💀💜💋

  • @BoxingRouge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/357163#Comment_357163

    How are we the problem when even some developers have said legion is a mistake...

    Devs said that? Good for them for admitting it.

  • The problem is the user base, they want decide what they wish to play versus and if they deem its not fun they will use what they can to get out the game, I dont agree with Dcing it's scummy on the killer and survivors who are left, I don't like the legion either as they are a very tedious killer to verse but I meet so few I deal with it and will do so until they get reworked.

    Dcing happens due to survivors not being able to see the killer and that is for good reason but that same reason should also apply to killes that lobby dodge.

    Swf dodge

    Flashlight dodge

    Tool boxes dodge

    Certain clothing dodge

    Each one of the above are killers doing the same as those who dc they just use the an option they have of doing it before the match starts.

    This is why dcing and dodging both need fixed as each side payed for the game so they should be able to use what they want within the rules.

    Timeout those who dc and if someone dodges for anything under a set ping they start to lose the ability to see the survivors and items over time.

  • You pick the spot (Hatch, Exit Gates, somewhere secluded) and I'll bring the Mori, I promise I'll be gentle and go slow for ya 💜

    ^_~

  • My ######### comment disappeared. The gist was, playing against Legion is unfun and tedious, and it has nothing to do with whether you win or lose. Legion is broken, period. I would rather play against any other killer in the game and get absolutely stomped on than play against Legion and win. He is a fun sponge. He sucks any and all fun out of the game for everyone else and keeps it for himself.

    You KNOW that people hate playing against him and you choose to do it anyway, therefore you are knowingly choosing to ruin the fun of the survivors you’re versing. Now you are complaining that they are in return ruining your fun by DCing. It’s ironic and hypocritical. Yes, he’s in the game and yes you have the right to play him, but that doesn’t mean you SHOULD play him. However, if you still choose to play Legion, knowing full well how unfun he is to play against, then in my opinion you have no right to complain when people DC and ruin your fun in return

    I don’t condone DCing, but I completely understand it. No one wants to waste their limited and valuable free time playing an unfun match. And they shouldn’t be forced to. This is why BHVR hasn’t implemented harsh rules or punishments for DCing, and I don’t think they should. What they should do is rework Legion into a killer that obeys the rules of the game and is fun to play as AND against. Until then, when you choose to play him, you do so knowing you are ruining others’ fun and that they are very likely to ruin yours in return. And in my opinion, you deserve it.

  • @Nikkiwhat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/357200#Comment_357200

    You pick the spot (Hatch, Exit Gates, somewhere secluded) and I'll bring the Mori, I promise I'll be gentle and go slow for ya 💜

    ^_~

    Oooo how passionate, I love it!💙

  • So, it's a date then? Have a specific map you prefer? Be sure to bring a party streamer 😏

  • @ClogWench said:

    It's not even that Legion is strong or people think it's funny to DC. They're straight up unfun to play against and enough people would rather leave than face them which becomes a problem of Legion's design over the problem of DCing. I know they're fun to play as but if a killer is that heavily hated and miserable to play against they need a rework and no amount of number tweaking is gonna help.

    I think playing against then is quite fun. You cant just outrun the killer. If you get caught, chances are you're going to be the teams runner for a while. It makes you make quick decisions BECAUSE they can outrun you and vault pallets.


    It's honestly, likely all the hype and bs hate train from their release. And people just revert to memeing them and "nah they're not fun" "they're op" "they're too weak". Then it turns into arguing. No real logic. I get it's not the most skill capped killer, but it's not like you're going up against a grey cube of nothing.

  • @BoxingRouge said:

    Sorry if I’m not having fun against a killer that has no counter play, and who’s completely unbalanced. I’d rather face nurse 10 games in a row than face a legion.

    Just weeks ago it was "legion is trash, cant get a 4k, will have no use"


    And now people are dcing because of no counterplay?


    So is it maybe that everyone took legion as a joke instead of learning them, and now dont know what tf to do? Hrmm hrmm.

  • @Nikkiwhat don't bother it's pointless. They are hypocrites.

1 2 3 4 … 6