Legion is unplayable because of people disconnecting against them

I play every killer and thus I also play Legion. I think the Legion look awesome and I enjoy playing them.

However, I can't have a normal match as the Legion. Literally all 5 times I played today had survivors just giving up immediately, they killed themselves on hook or disconnected.

This is unacceptable.

I know Legion is not the most fun killer to go against but I don't even tunnel or camp or use NOED or play scummy.

I'm sorry but these "memes" about Legion and disconnecting just encouraged a lot of players to disconnect against Legion because they think it's a cool thing to do and they think every Legion is super scummy.

In my opinion a good Nurse is 10000 times more annoying than a Legion to go against. While there is no counter to Legion in a 1v1 chase, they lack killing potential and usually get gen rushed hard. It also takes a while to down someone because you have to hit them 4 times if you don't use a mixtape so survivors have time to do gens.

A Nurse can kill you even faster than Legion and a good Nurse, especially with omegablink or 3+ blinks has no counter for survivors either, there is even less counter to a good Nurse than a Legion and a Nurse can put out way more pressure.

The devs have to address this disconnecting against Legion issue. It's annoying for everybody and completely ruins playing this killer.


EDIT: Don't forget to mention that when I play survivor and face a Legion and half of my team immediately disconnects it's a horrible gaming experience as well. When it becomes a 3v1 usually a second and third person disconnects and it just becomes horrible for every person involved in the match.

Comments

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/362948#Comment_362948

    You don't really get that no matter if you're suiciding or not, if you suicide just against ANY legion then your argument is out of the window, you are not screwing over the legion player but the ppl who wanted to just legitimately play the game. I don't care if you and your 4man SWF all suicide on hook. I don't have to go play another game, I don't DC and the only time I suicide on hook is for the self-unhook achievement.

    Also I won't even answer the 19 post masked ad-hominem guy who can't grasp simple facts and thinks I play this game competitively at all.

    You don't really get that no matter if you're suiciding or not, whether you are putting your team at a disadvantage or not does not matter. Repeat it does not matter. You as a player are not obligated to stay in the match if you are not enjoying it. You play the game for enjoyment. Not to appease the entertainment of others.

    You're in the same choir as those who complain about camping and tunneling. They say its not fun, its screwing players, it ruins games etc. It is certainly not fun for those on the receiving end of being camped and tunneled, but since when is the onus on the killer player to make sure all the survivors are having a jolly good time and being given a fair chance to get off the hook?

    Some people live in a bubble of fantasy. When reality pops that bubble they cry foul and scream for punishments to be handed out.

  • There's a TON of anti-fun ######### in this game, DCing/Suiciding against legion is ultimately enabled by streamer d*ckriders who got influenced by them.

    How is basement Bubba Fun and Skillfull?

    How was Instasaw Billy Skillfull?

    How is Nurse not Bullshit?

    How is a killer running enduring, brutal strenght+bamboozle+spirit fury considered skillfull? (you know, minus BS the build that holier and skillfuller than thou tru3 loved to run)

    How was running infinites considered skillfull? How is the Haddonfield near infinite house considered not Bullshit?

    Iridescent Hatchets+Infantry Belt anyone?

    DS giving survivors 30% more hookstates for pressing a single button?

    Completely unmindgameable T-Walls of the Cornfields?

    The braindead Palletlooping because 2 years later devs still haven't fixed killer acceleration?

    and so on and so on

    There's so much ######### in this game, if I were to DC because of the anti-fun aspects that are in this game then I might not play at all.

  • In fact, I didn't play this game at all when infinites existed.

  • @Eveline said:

    But you are suiciding on the hook and you are the one who found yourself in my post I didn't meant just you. There are lots of people here who defend dcing. You are the one being illogical thinking there is nothing morally wrong in screwing other prople.

    I don't care if you didn't mean just me. The fact that you were including me when there is no grounds for me to be banned is what I took issue with.

    There is nothing morally wrong with suiciding on the hook. Its not your job to make sure other players survive. Its not your job to stay in a game for the sake of the enjoyment of others. You are under the misguided belief that you come into this game carrying the welfare and enjoyment of other players on your shoulders.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    There's a TON of anti-fun ######### in this game, DCing/Suiciding against legion is ultimately enabled by streamer d*ckriders who got influenced by them.

    How is basement Bubba Fun and Skillfull?

    How was Instasaw Billy Skillfull?

    How is Nurse not Bullshit?

    How is a killer running enduring, brutal strenght+bamboozle+spirit fury considered skillfull? (you know, minus BS the build that holier and skillfuller than thou tru3 loved to run)

    How was running infinites considered skillfull? How is the Haddonfield near infinite house considered not Bullshit?

    Iridescent Hatchets+Infantry Belt anyone?

    DS giving survivors 30% more hookstates for pressing a single button?

    Completely unmindgameable T-Walls of the Cornfields?

    The braindead Palletlooping because 2 years later devs still haven't fixed killer acceleration?

    and so on and so on

    There's so much ######### in this game, if I were to DC because of the anti-fun aspects that are in this game then I might not play at all.

    What? do not deviate the subject

    how many %DCs you got daily? do not lie to us

  • @BACKSTABBER I’ve actually only ever gotten one dc as legion. High rank probs🤷🏼‍♂️

  • @BACKSTABBER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/362995#Comment_362995

    What? do not deviate the subject

    how many %DCs you got daily? do not lie to us

    I don't use frank's mixtape and I don't tunnel so maybe every 5th game or so some dick just immediately DCs even when I run brown perks. it's mostly twitchstreamers I noticed. The number might increase R10+ but I downpipped to test the plague at lowranks so I won't test this for a while.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/362972#Comment_362972

    I don't care if you didn't mean just me. The fact that you were including me when there is no grounds for me to be banned is what I took issue with.

    There is nothing morally wrong with suiciding on the hook. Its not your job to make sure other players survive. Its not your job to stay in a game for the sake of the enjoyment of others. You are under the misguided belief that you come into this game carrying the welfare and enjoyment of other players on your shoulders.

    Ok show me where I included you and mentioned your name in my post please. So ruining game for other people is not morally wrong? How is someone even supposed to argue with you when you can't see a simple fact. Do you have empathy? When you suicide on that hook other people are depiping because of you and are doomed to lose. You are being very selfish and trying to defend your character flaw like many here. But do as you like, no one can force you to be different.

  • We tell you guys/girls counter play to legion and we’re ignored, maybe play the match and don’t dc, then you’ll learn.

  • @Eveline I always feel bad for my survivor friends when I accidentally stop struggling or u lagg into not struggling.😔

  • @Eveline said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/363004#Comment_363004

    Ok show me where I included you and mentioned your name in my post please. So ruining game for other people is not morally wrong? How is someone even supposed to argue with you when you can't see a simple fact. Do you have empathy? When you suicide on that hook other people are depiping because of you and are doomed to lose. You are being very selfish and trying to defend your character flaw like many here. But do as you like, no one can force you to be different.

    This is what you said in the midst of my discussion with MhhBurgers;

    "Why even argue? It is clear that they defend doing something bad, there is no point in arguing with these people. Let them do whatever they want until they are banned from the game."

    So who exactly were you referring to when you said why even argue? Second when I addressed your post you responded; "But you are suiciding on the hook and you are the one who found yourself in my post I didn't meant just you.". You clarified you didn't mean just me, so you admitted you were including me.

    Your definition of what ruins a game falls in the same bracket as those who complain about camping and tunneling. They say its not fun, its screwing players, it ruins games etc. It is certainly not fun for those on the receiving end of being camped and tunneled, but since when is the onus on the killer player to make sure all the survivors are having a jolly good time and being given a fair chance to get off the hook?

    Why is camping and tunneling and ruining the gaming experience for those players less of a morality issue? There's no more of a morality issue there than there is here with suiciding on the hook. As in there is no morality involved at all. You're not morally obligated to other people's fun.

    If you enter a match thinking I must make sure player X, Y and Z I am in a lobby with has the best time in this match, that is your choice. Not an obligation for every player.

  • @BoxingRouge said:

    Sorry if I’m not having fun against a killer that has no counter play, and who’s completely unbalanced. I’d rather face nurse 10 games in a row than face a legion.

    This /\..... like freddy is mainly not fun to play as but the legion is in such a bad spot... the design just screams that the team was forcing this into the game or rushing the legion.... BHVR will fix this killer.... and the only time nurse is unfun is when ya go up against a zubat or a marth nurse

  • So now you are pulling things from nowhere. You are so delusional and trying to construct arguments adding fictional things. Where did I said camping and tunneling is less morally wrong? I never camp and tunnel nice people. And yes I consider it wrong to do so too. You are denying someone any chance to survive.


    I seriously don't know why I even argue with you. You guys are selfish and lack any empathy towards other people. You only care about your fun. Speaks volumes about what kind of people you are. I am done here.


    And it is obvious you mostly play just one role so you lack any knowledge and just acting impulsively with some tribe mentallity. Some people never evolved I guess.

  • @Eveline said:

    So now you are pulling things from nowhere. You are so delusional and trying to construct arguments adding fictional things. Where did I said camping and tunneling is less morally wrong? I never camp and tunnel nice people. And yes I consider it wrong to do so too. You are denying someone any chance to survive.

    I seriously don't know why I even argue with you. You guys are selfish and lack any empathy towards other people. You only care about your fun. Speaks volumes about what kind of people you are. I am done here.

    And it is obvious you mostly play just one role so you lack any knowledge and just acting impulsively with some tribe mentallity. Some people never evolved I guess.

    U take forums too far, take a rest.

    Yes, ppl act impulsively, spammish, no-lifish... This is what DBD forums are about, an easy dose of dopamine, better to DC from all that to reboot brain n wellness

  • This thread is still going hot? :x


    I've made my peace with the situation, but still a hotly debated thread where there are truths to both sides of the argument. There's nothing we can do about people DCing, but I strongly hate when people do, uless BHVR does something about DCing players it's just gonna be their go-to. I find Suiciding on first hook pretty bad too, but I won't be as upset about it (tho if downed really early it hurts the rest of the team a fair bit).


    I don't know what exactly people want changed with Legion, like an actual design suggestion than just going "make them x". I just like their look, their ability to inflict a status effect (Im a sucker for debuff characters in games) and have fun zipping around trying to stabby stab people. But how can you tweak or change things with their design without completely redoing almost everything BHVR made for them?

  • @Eveline said:

    So now you are pulling things from nowhere. You are so delusional and trying to construct arguments adding fictional things. Where did I said camping and tunneling is less morally wrong? I never camp and tunnel nice people. And yes I consider it wrong to do so too. You are denying someone any chance to survive.

    I seriously don't know why I even argue with you. You guys are selfish and lack any empathy towards other people. You only care about your fun. Speaks volumes about what kind of people you are. I am done here.

    And it is obvious you mostly play just one role so you lack any knowledge and just acting impulsively with some tribe mentallity. Some people never evolved I guess.

    I never said you champed camping and tunneling. Not once. I was drawing an analogy that it is an aspect of the game that gets a lot of criticism from players because they deem it an unfun and unfair experience, but at the end of the day its still a valid and acceptable form of gameplay where the killer players in question play not for the enjoyment of others but for themselves like they should. That its no more a morality issue than suiciding on the hook to end a joyless match for yourself.

    FYI I do not just play one role. Don't make ignorant assumptions. I play to the best of my ability in matches with other survivor players. But I do not hold it against any player for exiting a match as soon as possible, within game rules of course, if they are not having any fun. I'd be the selfish one if I expected someone to waste their valuable free time suffering through a tedious match just to appease me.

  • This thread has run it's course imo, it has now turned into a moral argument on what one should be obliged to do, anything you do when loaded into a game fair if its within the rules.

    Tge only issues I have are Dcing and lobby dodging unless you have a real life issue or it's a high ping, anyone who thinks one is ok and not the other is a hypocrite as they are both the same, the devs have aknowledge these issues but until dedi servers come nothing will change it seems.

    Suiciding however is something many do and it's not bannable for a reason, the game is not team based if you are playing solo, this game has a clear description of help others or don't, the game gives players a choice which is just like a lot of horror movies where you see someone leaving another to die.

    No one is under any obligation to help anyone in the game it's a free for all, a 1v1v1v1v1 if you like and the only reason most players do is for points and to give themselves a better chance by giving the killer more fodder.

    That is why some bring the killer to others, sandbag them, blow gens and run away, do a gen while they die, refuse to heal them, all of it is in the same vain as dying on a hook in essense, it's all part of the game and unless the devs deem anything is wrong there is no morality in it, you go in and play within the rules however you wish.

  • @twistedmonkey pretty much every legion thread starts as an argument.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @twistedmonkey pretty much every legion thread starts as an argument.

    @TreemanXD it seems more like every thread on the forum lol.

  • Nope, my thread suggesting "where was the hatch?" feature got a 100% of approval

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    There's a TON of anti-fun ######### in this game, DCing/Suiciding against legion is ultimately enabled by streamer d*ckriders who got influenced by them.

    How is basement Bubba Fun and Skillfull?

    How was Instasaw Billy Skillfull?

    How is Nurse not Bullshit?

    How is a killer running enduring, brutal strenght+bamboozle+spirit fury considered skillfull? (you know, minus BS the build that holier and skillfuller than thou tru3 loved to run)

    How was running infinites considered skillfull? How is the Haddonfield near infinite house considered not Bullshit?

    Iridescent Hatchets+Infantry Belt anyone?

    DS giving survivors 30% more hookstates for pressing a single button?

    Completely unmindgameable T-Walls of the Cornfields?

    The braindead Palletlooping because 2 years later devs still haven't fixed killer acceleration?

    and so on and so on

    There's so much ######### in this game, if I were to DC because of the anti-fun aspects that are in this game then I might not play at all.

    Exactly!

    There is even more broken stuff like nurse or insta saw billy int his game... Combine those killers with NOED, ruin and mori... and people disconnect and complain against legion? That doesn't make sense to me.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    The only real reason to DC against legion is a frank's mixtape legion, that addon needs to be ultra-rare, other than that there's no reason to both suicide or DC. if it's not legion it's another killer so what's the point.

    Even if it was an ultra rare it would still be broken. Legion is trash without it and too good/easy with this addon. This is a fundamental design issue and hasn't been adressed by the devs at all yet.

  • @Claudette_Baguette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/362928#Comment_362928

    Even if it was an ultra rare it would still be broken. Legion is trash without it and too good/easy with this addon. This is a fundamental design issue and hasn't been adressed by the devs at all yet.

    Many ultra-rare addons are broken OP (relative to the killer ofc) so I don't see the issue, they're a moment of power.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364419#Comment_364419

    Many ultra-rare addons are broken OP (relative to the killer ofc) so I don't see the issue, they're a moment of power.

    To be honest most purple addons are better than rares: For example the spirit's purple addons, the legion's, the wraith's, etc.

  • You forgot to mention that many add ons are worthless also.

  • @Eveline said:

    You forgot to mention that many add ons are worthless also.

    On Legion? Definitely yes. I think his button addons are still broken and literally do nothing.

  • I mean in general.

  • I purchased legion to test it and is awful all the DCs

  • I thought it was obvious, but I guess not... You are still giving the killer sacrifice points and progress towards achievements. Disconnecting is against the rules, but dying on hook isn't.

  • This thread has turned into its own version of Legion. It is tunneling the reader to the point we are begging for it to be over.

  • @BACKSTABBER said:

    I purchased legion to test it and is awful all the DCs

    It is literally unplayable.

  • And while this thread is going hot, the devs have NOT said anything yet. Legion is such a problematic killer in so many ways and they haven't fixed him yet or confirmed any rework. This is unacceptable!

  • I'm sorry, but at what rank and region are these people? I've been playing the Legion because I actually enjoy vaulting stuff very quickly as killer, but nobody's DC'd yet.

    EDIT: Never mind, just got two of them.

  • @Orion said:

    I'm sorry, but at what rank and region are these people? I've been playing the Legion because I actually enjoy vaulting stuff very quickly as killer, but nobody's DC'd yet.

    EDIT: Never mind, just got two of them.

    Often 2 factors must occur for the legion DCs:

    1. Downing with the match just started

    2. Annoying wounds so survs constantly healing/mending (better if equip SB)

    An optional one is the bugged/broken unhook cancel with deep wounds, I do this on purpose so their frustration is x100

  • 3xnilgjswu3k.jpg

    sadly, some people believe this logic...

1 … 4 5 6 ›