Killers Names Should Be Seen In Lobby

Just as Survivor's names are visible in the lobby...so should be Killer's names. If Killers can dodge Survivors in the lobby that they deem toxic or whatever...Survivors should also be allowed to dodge toxic Killers in the lobby. This avoids having to face a Camping or Tunnelling jerk a second time so people can enjoy the game which is the purpose of playing.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Just as Survivor's names are visible in the lobby...so should be Killer's names.

    You just gave the reason why this is not a feature

  • Personally I would rather it go the other way and NOBODY would see anyone's name in the lobbies.

  • Survivor abused the crap out of this and that's why it was taken away from them.

  • I don't think either side should be able to see the others till the game loads for the killer and survivors can wait till end screen.

  • It's always funny (weird?) to me, if one side abused something and after they got it taken away, they cry "but nobody should have it".

  • @Mandy said:

    Personally I would rather it go the other way and NOBODY would see anyone's name in the lobbies.

    @MandyTalk But how else am I to recognize my fog friends?

  • @Wolf74 said:

    Survivor abused the crap out of this and that's why it was taken away from them.

    What did they do?

  • Dodged relentlessly for absurd reasons (perks, add-ons, killers played, etc.) and broke lobbies constantly because of it, driving up queue times for everyone else.

  • @DexyIV

    They used 3rd party software to create blacklists, so they get a warning every time they got a killer from their blacklist and could dodge them.

    Survivor traded blacklists with each other to avoid all kind of playstyles they did not like.

    Anybody flagged at some point for "camping", "slugging" or "tunneling" got traded on these lists.

    No matter if it was actually true or made up survivor bs.

    Even "not giving hatch" was a point for getting blacklisted.

    Also people got blacklisted for playing certain killer (Nurse main, Billy main, Freddy player, Doc player), or using unwanted perks (BBQ user, Noed user, etc.).

    So the survivor tried to force all killer to play by their rules or risking to get on blacklists and not finding lobbies anymore.

    (Ofc a lot of good killer just made the lists for actually killing someone.)

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/355331#Comment_355331

    Dodged relentlessly for absurd reasons (perks, add-ons, killers played, etc.) and broke lobbies constantly because of it, driving up queue times for everyone else.

    Killers dodge lobbies for similar reasons too though. Too many toolboxes, medkits, flashlights, SWF. That drives up queue times as well. Takes me quite a while to get into games sometimes even if i'm playing with only one friend.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @DexyIV

    They used 3rd party software to create blacklists, so they get a warning every time they got a killer from their blacklist and could dodge them.

    Survivor traded blacklists with each other to avoid all kind of playstyles they did not like.

    Anybody flagged at some point for "camping", "slugging" or "tunneling" got traded on these lists.

    No matter if it was actually true or made up survivor bs.

    Even "not giving hatch" was a point for getting blacklisted.

    Also people got blacklisted for playing certain killer (Nurse main, Billy main, Freddy player, Doc player), or using unwanted perks (BBQ user, Noed user, etc.).

    So the survivor tried to force all killer to play by their rules or risking to get on blacklists and not finding lobbies anymore.

    (Ofc a lot of good killer just made the lists for actually killing someone.)

    That makes sense. Honestly I thought that was still a thing since I saw mention of it in a few threads not too long ago.

  • @DexyIV

    The 3rd party tool for this is still available. It was whitelisted before and got removed from the whitelist, but is still not blacklisted.

    So you can still use it on your own risk, but getting banned for it is almost impossible.




    And about killer, stalking at the campfire is already part of the game. Killer are meant to be in the power role here and if the survivor are so cocky to bring multiple torches or lunchboxes and got dodged, that's their fault.

    Survivor on the other hand are meant to be surprised which killer they have to face.

  • @DexyIV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/355342#Comment_355342

    Killers dodge lobbies for similar reasons too though. Too many toolboxes, medkits, flashlights, SWF. That drives up queue times as well. Takes me quite a while to get into games sometimes even if i'm playing with only one friend.

    But killers do not abuse it to the extent survivors did. When I say they "broke lobbies", I mean that literally. They glitched lobbies with their constant joining and leaving.

    SWF is unbalanced, period. You know it, they know it, the devs know it, we all know it. The game was not made with voice comms in mind. Many SWF are also toxic. I don't blame people for not wanting to play with SWF in their lobbies, on either side. I myself have recently felt compelled to dodge 3+ SWF when I want to play stealth/trap-based killers, because SWF makes their stealth/traps completely worthless garbage.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @DexyIV

    The 3rd party tool for this is still available. It was whitelisted before and got removed from the whitelist, but is still not blacklisted.

    So you can still use it on your own risk, but getting banned for it is almost impossible.

    And about killer, stalking at the campfire is already part of the game. Killer are meant to be in the power role here and if the survivor are so cocky to bring multiple torches or lunchboxes and got dodged, that's their fault.

    Survivor on the other hand are meant to be surprised which killer they have to face.

    I understand the concept of the killer being able to do that, and I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's just they can do the same thing that survivors did. Maybe not create a blacklist, but dodge in order to get a game that is more suited to their desires and to play an easier game according to their own standards.

    Regardless, if the software is still available, the inability to see the killer's name seems kind of pointless if they can just dodge anyway and continue to drive up queue times.

  • @Mandy said:

    Personally I would rather it go the other way and NOBODY would see anyone's name in the lobbies.

    This would be more fair. The biggest reason for not seeing a killer name in my opinion is if a player is known to main a certain killer, then survivors can prepare accordingly. Or stream snipe easier.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    Survivor abused the crap out of this and that's why it was taken away from them.

    It is amazing how weak some Killer mains are 😂😂😂 how did Survivors "abuse" this? 😂😂😂

  • @bannerlemur

    Funny... some people don't even notice if they embarrass themselves.

    Maybe try reading before answering. It has already been answered. But if it doesn't resonate with your echochamber, feel free to ignore it. Have a nice day.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @bannerlemur

    Funny... some people don't even notice if they embarrass themselves.

    Maybe try reading before answering. It has already been answered. But if it doesn't resonate with your echochamber, feel free to ignore it. Have a nice day.

    Just keep embarrassing yourself by pretending that it is okay for "Killers" to have the power to wuss out on Survivor groups they think might actually be good enough to escape but Survivors can't dodge a lobby with a waste of space Killer that likes to hook & camp...yeah that's fun. Have a crappy day 😀

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @DexyIV

    They used 3rd party software to create blacklists, so they get a warning every time they got a killer from their blacklist and could dodge them.

    Survivor traded blacklists with each other to avoid all kind of playstyles they did not like.

    Anybody flagged at some point for "camping", "slugging" or "tunneling" got traded on these lists.

    No matter if it was actually true or made up survivor bs.

    Even "not giving hatch" was a point for getting blacklisted.

    Also people got blacklisted for playing certain killer (Nurse main, Billy main, Freddy player, Doc player), or using unwanted perks (BBQ user, Noed user, etc.).

    So the survivor tried to force all killer to play by their rules or risking to get on blacklists and not finding lobbies anymore.

    (Ofc a lot of good killer just made the lists for actually killing someone.)

    And since the only responses seem to indicate the usual on DbD issues (Killer mains maintaining the uneven balance in their favor by ganging up on any valid Survivor main issues and crapping all over them), I will assume Survivors just have to put up with Killers abusing their lobby advantage by dodging groups of Survivors that they deem "Survivable". For my experience that equals roughly 25-40% of lobbies I enter being DC'ed by the Killer...got it. Just because some Survivors ACTUALLY USE the tools (flashlights & umm lunchboxes as it was put) that devs give them to try to not be killed by Killers with Teleport powers and hexing totems for generators, etc. Ya

  • Again… @bannerlemur please try to educate yourself before posting. We have gone over that already. For gods sake: read BEFORE responding. Thx.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    Again… @bannerlemur please try to educate yourself before posting. We have gone over that already. For gods sake: read BEFORE responding. Thx.

    Take your own advice and educate yourself. A Killer being able to dodge who they deem as a good group of Survivors but the Survivors not being able to dodge jerks as yourself is NOT BALANCED...at all. Funny that you use the same logic for justifying the Killers being able to dodge "Good Survivors"...but say Survivors "abused" it by doing the same thing...avoiding toxic Killers that they didn't want to play against. I don't care about some stupid Blacklists or whatever...actually sounds like a great idea. I would love it if someone told me which losers to avoid as Killers but...oops...wait...I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DODGE THEM ANYWAYS CUZ I CAN'T SEE THEIR USER NAMES IN THE LOBBY. Feel educated now?

  • @Mandy said:

    Personally I would rather it go the other way and NOBODY would see anyone's name in the lobbies.

    I'd be fine with this. While they are at it they should make it so the killer can't see which survivors are picked or their items. Just a generic shadow outline. Everyone goes into the game with no knowledge of what's in store for them.

  • @bannerlemur

    Try to quote me where I said that. Won't work, but try, buddy.

    Unpolit people would call you a LIAR, so stop trying to put things into my mouth.

    Nice try, but still pathetic.


    Killer have all the rights to dodge set ups they don't like (multiple torches or toolboxes) and guess what? That's intended from the get go. Killer stalking survivor at the campfire is an intended balance mechanic.

    ~cry me a riiiiiiiver~sing~

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/354819#Comment_354819

    I'd be fine with this. While they are at it they should make it so the killer can't see which survivors are picked or their items. Just a generic shadow outline. Everyone goes into the game with no knowledge of what's in store for them.

    At least that would be an improvement. I can understand Survivors not seeing which Killer aka Michael Myers, Wraith, etc. they are up against until the Trial starts, I prefer to keep that a morbid surprise for after the game begins. But either both sides should be able to see players they are playing against or neither.

  • @bannerlemur

    "But either both sides should be able to see players they are playing against or neither."

    You actually choose to ignore everything posted before, right?

    One side (survivor) abused it and got it removed.

    The other side did NOT abuse it and kept it. Blame your fellow survivor.

    And again. stalking at the campfire is INTENDED.

    But I know… the usualy, no matter how often some fake-arguments get debunked… the most stubborn people will "win" any forum debate, because they don't care and keep repeating their points no matter what. So... enjoy.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @bannerlemur

    "But either both sides should be able to see players they are playing against or neither."

    You actually choose to ignore everything posted before, right?

    One side (survivor) abused it and got it removed.

    The other side did NOT abuse it and kept it. Blame your fellow survivor.

    And again. stalking at the campfire is INTENDED.

    But I know… the usualy, no matter how often some fake-arguments get debunked… the most stubborn people will "win" any forum debate, because they don't care and keep repeating their points no matter what. So... enjoy.

    @Wolf74 said:

    @bannerlemur

    Try to quote me where I said that. Won't work, but try, buddy.

    Unpolit people would call you a LIAR, so stop trying to put things into my mouth.

    Nice try, but still pathetic.

    Killer have all the rights to dodge set ups they don't like (multiple torches or toolboxes) and guess what? That's intended from the get go. Killer stalking survivor at the campfire is an intended balance mechanic.

    ~cry me a riiiiiiiver~sing~

    Nobody abused it...ever. Sorry to debunk your pathetic argument that made no sense. Survivors trying to enjoy the game by avoiding loser Killers is DEFINITELY not abuse. You can argue until the Flashlights, pallets, Med-Kits & Toolboxes stack up against you but you proved nothing...mate

  • I so need a lol-button now.^^

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @bannerlemur

    "But either both sides should be able to see players they are playing against or neither."

    You actually choose to ignore everything posted before, right?

    One side (survivor) abused it and got it removed.

    The other side did NOT abuse it and kept it. Blame your fellow survivor.

    And again. stalking at the campfire is INTENDED.

    But I know… the usualy, no matter how often some fake-arguments get debunked… the most stubborn people will "win" any forum debate, because they don't care and keep repeating their points no matter what. So... enjoy.

    And if you think good Killers "avoid good Survivors" then you are clueless 😂😂😂

  • @Wolf74 said:

    I so need a lol-button now.^^

    I know me too 😂😂😂 I am still laughing at your idea that Michael Myers would peer at a campfire and see 4 dudes with Flashlights & Toolboxes so he runs away 😂😂😂😂😂😂

  • This is going nowhere, dude.

    I won't answer to you personally anymore… just to protect myself from getting banned again for attacking survivor mains.

    I can't convince you, no matter how often I rephrase my arguments… you are impervious to logic. You won't get it, so I am out.

    Enjoy… you "won" the debate.^^

  • @Wolf74 said:

    This is going nowhere, dude.

    I won't answer to you personally anymore… just to protect myself from getting banned again for attacking survivor mains.

    I can't convince you, no matter how often I rephrase my arguments… you are impervious to logic. You won't get it, so I am out.

    Enjoy… you "won" the debate.^^

    I didn't win anything because it won't be fixed, just venting about how stupid the idea is. A monster scared of a couple chicks & dudes sitting around the campfire with keys & medkits did make me laugh alot though, so I thank you for that!

  • Yes, but its supposed to be bannable now( even though EVEN fogstreamers still use and promote its usage and BHVR even supports that)

  • @Master said:

    Yes, but its supposed to be bannable now( even though EVEN fogstreamers still use and promote its usage and BHVR even supports that)

    The blacklists? Sorry I know nothing about that. I have only been playing DbD for about 4 months and never heard of them.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    I so need a lol-button now.^^


    2om3d4.jpg

    Go ahead and use to your hearts delight.

  • @bannerlemur said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/356276#Comment_356276

    The blacklists? Sorry I know nothing about that. I have only been playing DbD for about 4 months and never heard of them.

    So you, newbie, think you know more than people who've been playing since the game was launched?

  • "A monster scared of a couple chicks & dudes sitting around the campfire with keys & medkits did make me laugh alot though, so I thank you for that!"

    Actually you are right… you described the problem pretty well. What you said should never be the case.

    The issue is, that the "monster" should be in the powerrole of the game, right?

    I just don't expect you to draw the right conclusion from this. :P

    But what do I know about a game that I play since 2016, right?

  • @powerbats said:

    I don't think either side should be able to see the others till the game loads for the killer and survivors can wait till end screen.

    I agree!


    There is is currently a topic being discussed in relation to what you just stated too. It’s in Balance Feedback.

  • Your idea would just make dodging 10 times worse. Once upon a time the game used to let you see who the killer was but it proved problematic as people would cherry pick the killers and dodge those that were good. The ideal solution is to make it so nobody can see anyones names until the conclusion of the match.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/356287#Comment_356287

    So you, newbie, think you know more than people who've been playing since the game was launched?

    Gee I kneel in front of thee O Great One