I don't think it's a real language, probably she's saying some "traditional" words she says in her ceremonies, thanking the gods or something like that, definitely religious
The language in the golden tablet I mentioned has been tentatively identified as Akkadian cuneiform, which was the written language of Babylon. Translation efforts are underway.
The language in the golden tablet I mentioned has been tentatively identified as Akkadian cuneiform, which was the written language of Babylon. Translation efforts are underway.
Well, duh. That's why I immediately went for cuneiform, the first (proper) written language. However, it has many variants. Akkadian cuneiform is Doc's best guess.
Well, duh. That's why I immediately went for cuneiform, the first (proper) written language. However, it has many variants. Akkadian cuneiform is Doc's best guess.
Trust me, if it's not just gibberish, we should be able to figure it out. This isn't like the Entity's language in those weapons that goes untranslated to this day because nobody can even figure out what language it is. This is cuneiform, which has been studied to death.
Trust me, if it's not just gibberish, we should be able to figure it out. This isn't like the Entity's language in those weapons that goes untranslated to this day because nobody can even figure out what language it is. This is cuneiform, which has been studied to death.
I know it's not gibberish. Now, I'm not sure if it's the exact same language, but I remember reading that they have been trying to translate this language for decades with little or no progress, they have probably translated quite a lot by now so you might be able to find something
I know it's not gibberish. Now, I'm not sure if it's still like this, but I remember reading that they have been trying to translate this language for decades with little or no progress, they have probably translated quite a lot by now so you might be able to find something
Keep in mind, though, that the devs didn't travel back to Babylon to learn the language and then put it on the tablets. If it's not gibberish, they likely used an online tool, meaning we can do the same, only in reverse.
Keep in mind, though, that the devs didn't travel back to Babylon to learn the language and then put it on the tablets. If it's not gibberish, they likely used an online tool, meaning we can do the same, only in reverse.
We have the textures for the tablet in the highest possible resolution. I've ascertained that the entire tablet is a single string of characters repeating itself over and over again. Either it's gibberish, or the string itself is the message.
Trust me, if it's not just gibberish, we should be able to figure it out. This isn't like the Entity's language in those weapons that goes untranslated to this day because nobody can even figure out what language it is. This is cuneiform, which has been studied to death.
Wasn't it like discovered that the entity language was urdu or something like that?
-anoyk yeqkany'ye hvay'k l'gnoo eydokl'x: sekall'o ammk'ix -kw'zvre'od Both of theses phrases are written on the Anniversary weapons of certain Killers.
New update: it may not be gibberish after all. We assumed it was Akkadian, but it might be Sumerian. The symbol I couldn't understand, which looks like an asterisk, is Sumerian for "God". I'll get back to you with more news.
So far all we've got is "God secret oil/press/net hey!". The last symbol is untranslatable. I think the last three symbols may actually be a single word, but due to the nature of the language, this makes the translation somewhat difficult, as a single character can have multiple pronunciations.
I'm at a loss. Other than "DINGIR", which is the first character (the one that looks like an asterisk, means "God"), this seems like gibberish. @Patricia Can you confirm if the tablet in the temple is translatable?
I lost the characters I had and I've no patience to check the chart and find every character again. Doc is feeling the same way. This will be up to someone with more patience than us, I'm afraid.
I don’t think you folks will be able to translate it because in the behind the scene they mention how it is based on a real language but made it their own.
I don’t think you folks will be able to translate it because in the behind the scene they mention how it is based on a real language but made it their own.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Most likely giving thanks to The Entity for allowing her to kill someone without sacrificing them.
I don't think it's a real language, probably she's saying some "traditional" words she says in her ceremonies, thanking the gods or something like that, definitely religious
The written language on the golden plates in the temple is cuneiform. I don't know if we know what it sounds like when spoken, but that could be it.
Maori
Do you speak it? Can you translate?
The language in the golden tablet I mentioned has been tentatively identified as Akkadian cuneiform, which was the written language of Babylon. Translation efforts are underway.
She is Babylonian in fact
Well, duh. That's why I immediately went for cuneiform, the first (proper) written language. However, it has many variants. Akkadian cuneiform is Doc's best guess.
Ah, ok
Trust me, if it's not just gibberish, we should be able to figure it out. This isn't like the Entity's language in those weapons that goes untranslated to this day because nobody can even figure out what language it is. This is cuneiform, which has been studied to death.
I know it's not gibberish. Now, I'm not sure if it's the exact same language, but I remember reading that they have been trying to translate this language for decades with little or no progress, they have probably translated quite a lot by now so you might be able to find something
Keep in mind, though, that the devs didn't travel back to Babylon to learn the language and then put it on the tablets. If it's not gibberish, they likely used an online tool, meaning we can do the same, only in reverse.
Hmm...guess we'll find out
We have the textures for the tablet in the highest possible resolution. I've ascertained that the entire tablet is a single string of characters repeating itself over and over again. Either it's gibberish, or the string itself is the message.
After some time deciphering this, I've concluded it's gibberish.
Wasn't it like discovered that the entity language was urdu or something like that?
It was?
In my memory I remnber seeing people claiming that they had result in translators when they used the urdu language.
Brb gonna check if I can find it again
I already did it. Google translate comes back with "This is a great way to do this."
found it
https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/2949168687311810178/
Yeah, I totally forgot about that thread.
can't really fault you with the ammount of thread posted every day kek
New update: it may not be gibberish after all. We assumed it was Akkadian, but it might be Sumerian. The symbol I couldn't understand, which looks like an asterisk, is Sumerian for "God". I'll get back to you with more news.
So far all we've got is "God secret oil/press/net hey!". The last symbol is untranslatable. I think the last three symbols may actually be a single word, but due to the nature of the language, this makes the translation somewhat difficult, as a single character can have multiple pronunciations.
Sounds like some Valyrian shits lul
Good luck to you guys translating it!
I'm at a loss. Other than "DINGIR", which is the first character (the one that looks like an asterisk, means "God"), this seems like gibberish. @Patricia Can you confirm if the tablet in the temple is translatable?
Isn’t it some branch of Babylonian?
Yes. Mesopotamia was, after all, the birthplace of civilization.
@Orion and @Dragonredking are you sure that's Urdu? I speak Urdu since I'm a muslim actually and that does not sound like Urdu at all to me.
Well, if anything, it's Google Translate's version of Urdu.
I lost the characters I had and I've no patience to check the chart and find every character again. Doc is feeling the same way. This will be up to someone with more patience than us, I'm afraid.
I don’t think you folks will be able to translate it because in the behind the scene they mention how it is based on a real language but made it their own.
Oh ok.
Yeah that's true. But at least you can see in the video, that she was researching Sumerian e.g.