Does anyone else miss the Moonrise event?

I never would have thought that I say that giving my experience on past events, but the last time I enjoyed playing as both killer and solo survivor was during the Moon rise event.

Lobbies were filling almost instantly, there were quite few matches that started with 3 or less survivors, and amazing team work especially when we had the bug that granted 45 points even one survivor manages to escape with lantern. Killers seemed more relaxed, survivors seemed more ambitious. i felt like everyone had more purpose and reason to play. Even the ones who didn`t interested in cosmetics that much.

Now, it is like this endless circle: try to find a lobby which can take ages, load into game as 4 survivors if you are lucky, then typical disconnects against certain killers or AFK killers or killers so good you cannot even move or my favorite killers have no idea how to play so they camp and tunnel the first person they see. they start from step 1 all over again.

And playing killer is kind of similar circle. Either super easy 3-4k against clueless solo survivor team, or near impossible frustrating matches against geared up squad SWF.

Nowadays, the only matches I enjoy, are the ones where I join in a SWF group. But when I do that I become a part of the problem and match against purple or green ranked killers and give them frustrating SWF experience.

Patch after patch I keep hoping something will change, it will get better and become the amazing game I fell in love within minutes. I don`t know what have changed since then, I don`t know what else could have been done to make a better experience for everyone or even if that is possible. I just wanted to share some of my frustration with the community and hear different opinions I guess. I can certainly see some of the comments below; git gud, play something else, omg more salt, maybe even nice b8 m8. Still I love the game I don`t wanna give up on it.

For TL;DR Something was different in a good way during the event, unlike nowadays. What you think about it? Do you agree it was better gaming experience or disagree?

Comments

  • No, my memories of the event are survivors being left on the hook to die and survivors getting mad over lanterns and then trying to get other people killed for it via sandbagging and notification spamming.

  • No. I don't miss anything about it. It was a horrible event that brought out the worst in survivors and killers. I'll completely skip DbD if they do that one again.

  • Moonrise what?

  • @Mr_K said:

    Moonrise what?

    The Chinese New Year Event that was on going from like February 1-14.

  • Really? Because I remember LONG wait times; whether I was solo queuing, or just trying to duo queue, it took forever. As for the event itself, I pretty much skipped it because I didn't really feel like grinding just for some cosmetics that go with characters I don't even play. That's what I did for the Hallowed Blight Event, and it was such a waste of time; I never even use the cosmetics I got from that event anyhow.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    No, my memories of the event are survivors being left on the hook to die and survivors getting mad over lanterns and then trying to get other people killed for it via sandbagging and notification spamming.

    Yeah but also there was nice team work where the bug gave every survivor the lantern points if one survivor escaped with it. Wasn’t that better survivor experience ?

  • @Saint_Ukraine said:

    Really? Because I remember LONG wait times; whether I was solo queuing, or just trying to duo queue, it took forever. As for the event itself, I pretty much skipped it because I didn't really feel like grinding just for some cosmetics that go with characters I don't even play. That's what I did for the Hallowed Blight Event, and it was such a waste of time; I never even use the cosmetics I got from that event anyhow.

    I got longer que times only after they bumped a bit the killer points. Before that I found lobbies immediately as killer. Only problem was killers become a bit picky and started dodging a bit more and caused me struggling for a while. But compared to now, it seemed still better at the time.

  • FFgU.gif

    I'm glad it's over. That event was a travesty.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    No. I don't miss anything about it. It was a horrible event that brought out the worst in survivors and killers. I'll completely skip DbD if they do that one again.

    How it was different than now? Or should I ask is it better now? Were there more tunneling more camping or killers were actually leaving the spot a bit to look for a lantern? Survivors weren’t disconnecting this much that is for sure.

  • @antgnstea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/349146#Comment_349146

    How it was different than now? Or should I ask is it better now? Were there more tunneling more camping or killers were actually leaving the spot a bit to look for a lantern? Survivors weren’t disconnecting this much that is for sure.

    No, survivors were just letting their team die on the hook so as not to risk losing the lantern.

  • I hate to say good sir but when it came down to that event I didn't really see anything I wanted even if we did get extra blood points or what not I hate to say it but the event was not worth it. I'm sorry but I would have just gone for double bloodpoints or at least in better Cosmetics but all I wanted was her Axe and Ace hair

  • I only miss the time when looping wasn't so prevalent. The devs need to get rid of it completely and make stealth play the only play.

  • I never would have thought that I say that giving my experience on past events, but the last time I enjoyed playing as both killer and solo survivor was during the Moon rise event.

    I think it was the most fun event LMAO, everyone was sandbagging because someone taked he's lamp xdd

  • @Orion said:

    I only miss the time when looping wasn't so prevalent. The devs need to get rid of it completely and make stealth play the only play.

    That's an awful idea. Not everyone likes stealth play. In fact, I've seen a great number of people say that they enjoy being in chases rather than being an immersed gen-jockey.

  • @Saint_Ukraine said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/349205#Comment_349205

    That's an awful idea. Not everyone likes stealth play. In fact, I've seen a great number of people say that they enjoy being in chases rather than being an immersed gen-jockey.

    Then they shouldn't have bought an asymmetrical horror game where the killer is supposed to be something you want to hide from, as opposed to something you can loop indefinitely. This wasn't advertised as Benny Hill simulator, last I checked.

  • I don't miss the event. After reading some of the comments, I never ran into someone that sandbagged me for getting a lantern directly before them. My friend had that happen to her once, though. These events make people play very funny and I don't mean "funny" in a good one.