I think new DS will be fine

It's not that much weaker than current DS but with the reduction in stun time from the current 4 seconds, enduring soft counters it even more than it did previously and you can get back into the chase more quickly following the stun.

Comments

  • Balance at last for DS, It's amazing 🤗

  • @Bongbingbing said:

    Balance at last for DS, It's amazing 🤗

    I never really used DS that much but I would run it it if I experienced tunneling too often and got fed up but I would feel guilty knowing how ridiculous it is

    Knowing it's going to be balanced and help make it so killers dont tunnel will be great.

    The New obsession perk is actually going to be useful against it as well considering obsessions can change

  • Ofc it will be fine. The people are salty about it are the people that relied on it for so long.

  • I actually think that the whole "rework" will end up as a BUFF to DS.

  • Simple punish for tunneling.

  • Simple cover up for survivor doing unsafe unhooks.

  • A survivor main told me that they are playing f13 from now on

  • DS will still be obnoxiously strong. It'll reward poor saves and punish optimal plays from the killer.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    I actually think that the whole "rework" will end up as a BUFF to DS.

    I'll never understand the logic in this. they take it from being able to be used at any time, and limit it to only when you're tunneled off hook AND they reduced the stun time. in what way is this a buff? if u mean in the sense that you can no longer juggle someone with ds, that's absolute bs as well considering MOST people will understand how new ds will work, so they will slug the one unhooked, and chase the unhooker. new ds will honestly be a waste of a perk slot, deliverance gang rise up.

  • Not much weaker? Mate, DS went from totally broken perk to a strong anti tunnel perk, it's the best change we ever got for killers. Just imagine those endless d strikes when you lost all the momentum and the gens pop left and right. When the update drops we can finally let this broken perk in the past, the pain is over

  • @artist

    All counterplay gets removed, no dribbling, no indicator that someone might have DS to prepare (while survivor still get all sort of notifications for every possible surprise).

    (The only true counter to DS is simple, hard camp. Don't let them off the hook, first hook = last hook = no DS. Sounds fun, huh?)

    Skillcheck gets easier, so UP and Madness won't stop it anymore.

    Stunreduction is still "under review" and I expect it to not make it live.

    Survivor don't need to be the obsession and wiggle for certain amount of time, so all 4 can pick DS now with no drawback.

    Since there is no way of knowing killer have either to slug and risk a pick up to wait the timer out, or just eat the DS.

    Enduring is only a "soft counter" IF the actual "stun" is 3 seconds and not again some shinanigans with animationtime doesn't count or some similar crap, like before.

    And in a drive by all killer obsession perks get trashed (DL, STBFL, PWYF, Remember me).

    Which also result in no tactical gameplay around the obsession anymore.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @artist

    All counterplay gets removed, no dribbling, no indicator that someone might have DS to prepare (while survivor still get all sort of notifications for every possible surprise).

    (The only true counter to DS is simple, hard camp. Don't let them off the hook, first hook = last hook = no DS. Sounds fun, huh?)

    Skillcheck gets easier, so UP and Madness won't stop it anymore.

    Stunreduction is still "under review" and I expect it to not make it live.

    Survivor don't need to be the obsession and wiggle for certain amount of time, so all 4 can pick DS now with no drawback.

    Since there is no way of knowing killer have either to slug and risk a pick up to wait the timer out, or just eat the DS.

    Enduring is only a "soft counter" IF the actual "stun" is 3 seconds and not again some shinanigans with animationtime doesn't count or some similar crap, like before.

    And in a drive by all killer obsession perks get trashed (DL, STBFL, PWYF, Remember me).

    Which also result in no tactical gameplay around the obsession anymore.

    It got its stun weakened, it now has a pre-requisete, and can be denied activation by slugging.

    If you're that scared: dont tunnel, run deerstalker and enduring or something to counter it.

    Adapt.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @artist

    All counterplay gets removed, no dribbling, no indicator that someone might have DS to prepare (while survivor still get all sort of notifications for every possible surprise).

    (The only true counter to DS is simple, hard camp. Don't let them off the hook, first hook = last hook = no DS. Sounds fun, huh?)

    Skillcheck gets easier, so UP and Madness won't stop it anymore.

    Stunreduction is still "under review" and I expect it to not make it live.

    Survivor don't need to be the obsession and wiggle for certain amount of time, so all 4 can pick DS now with no drawback.

    Since there is no way of knowing killer have either to slug and risk a pick up to wait the timer out, or just eat the DS.

    Enduring is only a "soft counter" IF the actual "stun" is 3 seconds and not again some shinanigans with animationtime doesn't count or some similar crap, like before.

    And in a drive by all killer obsession perks get trashed (DL, STBFL, PWYF, Remember me).

    Which also result in no tactical gameplay around the obsession anymore.

    I gave u an example of counter play that completely stops it from happening

    the counter u listed is boring and unreasonable, and not the only counter

    unnerving and madness never stopped it anyways, unless it was a bad survivor, and if its a bad survivor u lose 10 seconds max

    ok

    no there is a drawback, if the killer has a brain you'll never get ds off. u can still tunnel, just slug and chase another to create pressure

    I agree with u here, I had no problem with obsession ds because I can play around them having it, I only ever got annoyed at wiggle ds on a decent player because I had no idea. (again, tunnel *if that's how u play*, slug, chase another and look, no ds

    if the stun time is 3 seconds enduring will ######### on ds. have u ever had enduring against lvl 1 ds?

    and as for the perks changing would u not just do the same thing you've been doing, but u just switch it to a different target? (also if u do let new ds get off, thats on u)

  • I am excited, I do think that the 60 sec timer should be reduced, OR have it be so that if you hook any survivor (or maybe not any) the timer will automatically reduce to zero, that way if you are good to a point where you hook people very quickly, you don’t get D striked from simply hooking a lot of survivors rapidly

  • @GT_Legend2 said:

    I am excited, I do think that the 60 sec timer should be reduced, OR have it be so that if you hook any survivor (or maybe not any) the timer will automatically reduce to zero, that way if you are good to a point where you hook people very quickly, you don’t get D striked from simply hooking a lot of survivors rapidly

    That will get abused. A lot of killers will down the other survivor then go for the unhooking survivor, down/hook them then go back for the person they slugged. I can see this with gens done/gates being opened but i can see why they did it this way. I'm just scared of being infinity slugged every game. I'm going to HAVE to take Unbreakable because killers are going to be paranoid and leave tunneled survivors down for the 60 seconds then pick them up. I like my setup that doesn't involve exhaustion/2nd chance perks but now at red ranks i'll have no choice because slugging is going to end up a meta. 2 years ago i encountered a metric ton of slugging killers who would slug all 4 and afk. They still do it now, just more games in between.

    I'm just going to meme build since i never SWF. DS + Deliverance + Unbreakable + Self-Care/Sprint Burst/Dead Hard/Lithe/Small Game or maybe Spine Chill for the chuckles.

  • @Kagrenac

    "It got its stun weakened, it now has a pre-requisete, and can be denied activation by slugging.

    If you're that scared: dont tunnel, run deerstalker and enduring or something to counter it.

    Adapt."

    Oh yea… the old meme… killer "just need to adapt", but survivor will cry havoc if the would need to adapt.

    They rather DC against Freddy or Legion.


    1. The reduced stun is already said to be "under review", even before it hits the PTB.
    2. The "prerequisite" is basically non existent and can only "countered" by a full 2 min camp.
    3. "Don't tunnel" is the next meme. That already did not work with BT. "Just don't camp" didn't work with BT. The new DS will just encourage survivor to do unsafe unhooks and the killer gets punished for their bad plays. Sorry, but that is just straight unfair.
    4. Just run perk X, has never been a valid idea, because killer would need to run like 5 perks "just in case" anyone has perk Y. Not to mention all the perks killer have to run to counter survivor abilities that don't even need a perk to perform.

    And ofc don't forget to spice that up with a nice "if you are scared" to make the killer look like a sissy, if he has a valid complain.

    Social Stigmatisation is always good to avoid reason. ;)

  • I don't use ds now bcoz its broken mechanic that should not exist. If it stays as only anti tunnel thing it will propably be my core perk alongside kindred.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @Kagrenac

    "It got its stun weakened, it now has a pre-requisete, and can be denied activation by slugging.

    If you're that scared: dont tunnel, run deerstalker and enduring or something to counter it.

    Adapt."

    Oh yea… the old meme… killer "just need to adapt", but survivor will cry havoc if the would need to adapt.

    They rather DC against Freddy or Legion.

    1. The reduced stun is already said to be "under review", even before it hits the PTB.
    2. The "prerequisite" is basically non existent and can only "countered" by a full 2 min camp.
    3. "Don't tunnel" is the next meme. That already did not work with BT. "Just don't camp" didn't work with BT. The new DS will just encourage survivor to do unsafe unhooks and the killer gets punished for their bad plays. Sorry, but that is just straight unfair.
    4. Just run perk X, has never been a valid idea, because killer would need to run like 5 perks "just in case" anyone has perk Y. Not to mention all the perks killer have to run to counter survivor abilities that don't even need a perk to perform.

    And ofc don't forget to spice that up with a nice "if you are scared" to make the killer look like a sissy, if he has a valid complain.

    Social Stigmatisation is always good to avoid reason. ;)

    We will see how the new DS truly effects the game when the PTB drops this week.

  • @Saint_Ukraine said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/349254#Comment_349254

    We will see how the new DS truly effects the game when the PTB drops this week.

    It'll turn out to be just fine yet certain whiny killers will still complain because they can't complain DS is broken anymore and have to actually adapt to changes. Which is what most people on both sides or those that play both sides have no problem doing.


    I don't run it but if slugging becomes mainstay i'll run it along with Unbreakable etc and make them adapt again. As a killer it won't really affect me in anyways since I'm always ready for a DS.

    Just as i'm always ready for the DEAd Hard and AD etc, I plan ahead and expect it so if it's there no problem.

  • @powerbats said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/349861#Comment_349861

    It'll turn out to be just fine yet certain whiny killers will still complain because they can't complain DS is broken anymore and have to actually adapt to changes. Which is what most people on both sides or those that play both sides have no problem doing.

    I don't run it but if slugging becomes mainstay i'll run it along with Unbreakable etc and make them adapt again. As a killer it won't really affect me in anyways since I'm always ready for a DS.

    Just as i'm always ready for the DEAd Hard and AD etc, I plan ahead and expect it so if it's there no problem.

    I like the fact that it is an anti tunnel perk but do you think that 60 secs is too long?

    As a killer, sometimes I down people very easily especially with hag and spirit. Even though I don't tunnel, I might still get punished just because I was good enough to down 2 people in 60 secs.

    On the other hand, if the timer lasts short, something like 30-40 seconds, it might not prevent tunneling since most killers get the first hit in 20 seconds and can wait for 10-15 seconds. Survivors won't even get a chance to heal themselves up to 95% at that point.

    I wonder how the new DS will be.

  • @Delfador said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/349871#Comment_349871

    I like the fact that it is an anti tunnel perk but do you think that 60 secs is too long?

    As a killer, sometimes I down people very easily especially with hag and spirit. Even though I don't tunnel, I might still get punished just because I was good enough to down 2 people in 60 secs.

    On the other hand, if the timer lasts short, something like 30-40 seconds, it might not prevent tunneling since most killers get the first hit in 20 seconds and can wait for 10-15 seconds. Survivors won't even get a chance to heal themselves up to 95% at that point.

    I wonder how the new DS will be.

    On paper is sounds like a decent rework but in practice? I guess we'll see.