Concerns: Demise of the Faithful

WARNING: This is just a prediction, not an assumption. If some of these perks are weak, then I'm gonna suggest some changes just in case. Again, my prediction is that some of these perks won't be as good as we're thinking but in case we're right, here's some ideas to make them better.


Hello fog travelers, I have a few concerns for the upcoming chapter, namely, Demise of the Faithful.


1.) The Sickness: The downside is not severe enough to warrant a cleanse because survivors can still loop you while broken.

Solution: When you're 100% sick, you'll have to go through some animations periodically. During these animations, you're unable to move until the animation elapses. This means if a survivor do NOT cleanse themselves, their chase potential is gone and they will be downed due to their sickness. To prevent some issues, the sickness timer should behave like a RBT in terms of it cannot progress while in a chase, on a hook, or in dying state.


2.) Certain perks such as Courrpt Intervention will need some tweaking due to their down sides.

Solution:


Corrupt Intervention:

Blocks the farthest 3 generators for 40/50/60 seconds. Hooking a survivor will block a generator with the most progression on it for 40/50/60 seconds. You can still regress blocked generators but survivors cannot interact with blocked generators.


Infectious Fright: Make the perk ranged based, not terror radius based since some killers with a low base terror radius will have a difficult time getting use from the perk.


Dark Devotion: Upon hitting the obsession, they will take your terror radius for 9/12/15 seconds. During this time, your terror radius and your red stain is hidden until the obsession's terror radius expires.


Solidarity: Healing a survivor heals you by 50% of what healing you did to them. Survivors within a 8 meter range to you will receive a 25% increase in healing speed.


Heads On: Fine as it is in my opinion.


Poised: Grants the ability to see your and other survivor's scratch marks. After completing a generator, you'll leave no scratch marks for 9/12/15 seconds.


That's about it, is there anything I left out or do you have a concern of your own?

Comments

  • About Solidarity, why make it have an AoE healing speed buff when we already have Leader for that? I find it quite decent as it is now (on paper).

  • We still don’t know the exact numbers for corrupt intervention, dark devotion and poised. So I say it’s too early to make a suggestion. Let’s just hope that the numbers you have are in the game.


    1CDBF77E-E38E-4087-8FE2-F4E3F54294A9.png


  • When i first read about Head on it made me choke, oh man, thats toxic, imagine trying to get your basement hook and a P3 Claudette just pops out of a locker, stuns you and makes you drop the survivor you were about to hook

    Dwight main, rejoice

    besides that, most of the other perks seemed pretty weak to me, here is my general opinion about them

    Corrupt intervention: it could be fine, but the fact that it only activates at the beggining makes the perk a liability more than anything, i wont waste a perk slot just to block the gens for a miniscule amount of the trial

    Infectious fright: sounds fun to chain downs, Legion, Nurse and mommy Huntress will be the most benefited from it

    Dark devotion: sounds fun, will be totally useless on some killers but Doctor will have a fun time with it

    Solidarity: i wonder how will this work, it will heal you fully when you heal your companion or just an small percentage

    Poised: Dance with me 2.0, pretty useless unless you want to do a silent build with sprint burst

  • @PigNRun said:

    About Solidarity, why make it have an AoE healing speed buff when we already have Leader for that? I find it quite decent as it is now (on paper).

    Honestly, I thought it would be cool if the perk healed you over time when within range of another survivor but I'm not sure if that would be OP.

  • I like your Corrupt Intervention change but, it's still too early to fully judge the perks and power. Maybe we should try them out and get the exact numbers and full power description first before suggesting buffs. PTB is this week, we'll be able to try everything out soon!

  • @Theluckyboi said:

    When i first read about Head on it made me choke, oh man, thats toxic, imagine trying to get your basement hook and a P3 Claudette just pops out of a locker, stuns you and makes you drop the survivor you were about to hook

    Dwight main, rejoice

    besides that, most of the other perks seemed pretty weak to me, here is my general opinion about them

    Corrupt intervention: it could be fine, but the fact that it only activates at the beggining makes the perk a liability more than anything, i wont waste a perk slot just to block the gens for a miniscule amount of the trial

    Infectious fright: sounds fun to chain downs, Legion, Nurse and mommy Huntress will be the most benefited from it

    Dark devotion: sounds fun, will be totally useless on some killers but Doctor will have a fun time with it

    Solidarity: i wonder how will this work, it will heal you fully when you heal your companion or just an small percentage

    Poised: Dance with me 2.0, pretty useless unless you want to do a silent build with sprint burst

    I was literally thinking legion would be benefit from infectious fright

  • We know very little about the power, we don't know what the sickness does exactly so it's too early to tell I think

  • can you at least wait till we see the PTB to make suggestions... We don't know how anything really works until we see it in game

  • Hello fog travelers, I have a few concerns for the upcoming chapter, namely, Demise of the Faithful.

    Not every perk has to be useful for every killer. So far I actually don't agree with a single one of your proposed changes here. Survivors getting sick during a chase sounds great to me. Means a chase has to end eventually, so as a survivor, you NEED to lose the killer as soon as possible instead of trying to distract her.

  • @TheHourMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/49986/concerns-demise-of-the-faithful

    Not every perk has to be useful for every killer. So far I actually don't agree with a single one of your proposed changes here. Survivors getting sick during a chase sounds great to me. Means a chase has to end eventually, so as a survivor, you NEED to lose the killer as soon as possible instead of trying to distract her.

    that's heading down the same path as legion, inevitably going down because there's nothing u can do about it. making it work like RBTs is the same thing, slowly following someone so they cant do anything about being sick sounds incredibly boring (like legion). and I agree that none of these changes sound good/fair

  • @Asssthetic said:

    can you at least wait till we see the PTB to make suggestions... We don't know how anything really works until we see it in game

    Here's the thing, we already have the information and some things, not all, you don't need to see to judge such as Corrupted Intervention. It's called making an inference based on context clues and if Corrupted Intervention only blocks generators for X seconds at the start of the trial then it could be a weak perk since it deactivates during the rest of the match. THAT'S ONE OF MY CONCERNS and I have a few more concerns as well, but I could also be wrong with them. I rather be safe and say what I'm concerned about rather than be sorry later that I didn't, ya feel?


    Treat this thread as a prediction rather than "Another forum user is assuming before seeing" type of thread.

  • Hello fog travelers, I have a few concerns for the upcoming chapter, namely, Demise of the Faithful.

    I totally agree about the killers ability not really being considered a threat your corrupt intervention change is good but i think dark devotion needs to included to all survivors not just the obsession and last longer like 25/30/35 because it feels like a wast as a perk slot and i believe my change would be better for mind games

  • Here comes the change threads.

    It's not even out yet. Let's see how it all pans out.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/347701#Comment_347701

    Here's the thing, we already have the information and some things, not all, you don't need to see to judge such as Corrupted Intervention. It's called making an inference based on context clues and if Corrupted Intervention only blocks generators for X seconds at the start of the trial then it could be a weak perk since it deactivates during the rest of the match. THAT'S ONE OF MY CONCERNS and I have a few more concerns as well, but I could also be wrong with them. I rather be safe and say what I'm concerned about rather than be sorry later that I didn't, ya feel?

    Treat this thread as a prediction rather than "Another forum user is assuming before seeing" type of thread.

    I do believe that the perk should be usable throught the match and not just at the start

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    Here comes the change threads.

    It's not even out yet. Let's see how it all pans out.

    Don't treat the thread as a change thread. Treat it as a hypothesis thread where if this is weak then this might be a better alternative.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/347701#Comment_347701

    Here's the thing, we already have the information and some things, not all, you don't need to see to judge such as Corrupted Intervention. It's called making an inference based on context clues and if Corrupted Intervention only blocks generators for X seconds at the start of the trial then it could be a weak perk since it deactivates during the rest of the match. THAT'S ONE OF MY CONCERNS and I have a few more concerns as well, but I could also be wrong with them. I rather be safe and say what I'm concerned about rather than be sorry later that I didn't, ya feel?

    Treat this thread as a prediction rather than "Another forum user is assuming before seeing" type of thread.

    I mean youre entitled to your own opinion but its just weird to judge when we are only given written info rather than actual gameplay. People thought legion would be good based on their written power but we all know how that turned out

  • I rather cry for buffs and changes after the PTB has dropped. We don't know how effective the perks will be in practice.

  • I dont get the outcry about this kind of thread, some forum members played the game long enough to predict the possible strenght of new content by comparing it to the existing.

    Remember spirit? The community knew hours into the ptb what needed changed and the devs delivered those changes later. This probably will happen again. And unlike last time, we get info before the ptb even drops.


    That said i hope the generator blocker will get the bitter murmur treatment. Having it procc multiple times would be far better, especially with a small regression.

  • PTB IS NOT EVEN OUT YET WHAT DO YOU MEAN

  • @Asssthetic said:

    can you at least wait till we see the PTB to make suggestions... We don't know how anything really works until we see it in game

    This. I'm hearing the killer is OP and UP. Both can't be true.

  • Why is there people trying to purpose changes based on info from the Dev stream?


    They didn't even release all the little details yet... but people think there needs to be changes????... OK


    Lets play the PTB first can't we?

  • I'm going to update OP because everyone is assuming that calling certain things OP or UP. Guys, this is just a prediction, if for example Corrupted Invention is only a one and done perk then it might be a weak perk. Therefore, I suggested a solution just in case if that's the case.

  • @TheBean said:

    Why is there people trying to purpose changes based on info from the Dev stream?

    They didn't even release all the little details yet... but people think there needs to be changes????... OK

    Lets play the PTB first can't we?

    Reread OP. This is just a prediction.

  • With solutions.... You're talking about what you think are possible problems and your possible solutions...

  • @TheBean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/348046#Comment_348046

    With solutions.... You're talking about what you think are possible problems and your possible solutions...

    Welcome to DbD. Imaginary solutions to imaginary problems.

  • Your suggestion to change Corrupt Intervention is way too killer biased. If the perk was applied randomly after a hook then it wouldn’t be so.

  • Shutting off gens for a minute with every hook is far too powerful. Also, the killer can break it but no one can stop progression? It's a good perk already, there are lots of situational perks that give benefit under certain conditions.

  • Corrupt intervention imo is going to be the unsung hero.... this perk forces survivors to either wait a minute by a gen or move around the which gives the killer a chance to get their game moving..... think about it this perk maybe better the ruin...

  • @Bravo0413

    Not even a minute, it might be actually 2 minutes. If you are interested here is one of my comments.

    @Delfador said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/348164#Comment_348164

    Yeah it is true, I didn't pay attention.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/390323677

    22.47 all the way to the 23.03 and it eats something like 12-15% (The counter already made some progress)

    I guess it is going to be 2 minute which is great imo. I want to see the effect in game.

    I think that this perk will be great.

  • @Delfador said:

    @Bravo0413

    Not even a minute, it might be actually 2 minutes. If you are interested here is one of my comments.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/348176#Comment_348176

    I think that this perk will be great.

    That would be great..... if it were only a min, it wouldnt make much sense... gens take 80 seconds to complete.... it only make sense for them to be blocked longer then that