Rank 1 in a nutshell
Okay
>Start
>Find survivor in first 15 seconds
>Down around 1 minute
>almost 3 gens pop
>hook survivor
>find another
>3rd gen finally pops
>down the survivor I found in about 40 seconds
>4 gEn PoPs
>Hook her
>wow last gen pops
>Go after another player
>exits are open
>they escape because ruin is crutch in rank 1
If you have to run ruin to keep 1 generator up that is a bloody issue, and with prove thyself existing whats the point of playing killer when generators are completed WAY too fast and with some survivors being just an annoyance (spamming pallets and lockers outside chase) and if you need 1 perk to keep generators from popping for maybe 4 seconds, that is an issue if its in the high ranks. It has lead to me running NOED since I don't have Ruin at the moment. If generator time don't get fixed soon I might take a hiatus from this game, it has hit a point that I cannot stand it
(I swear to f***ing god generator times are too fast)
Comments
put out pressure?
OP downed a survivor in 60 seconds, hooked, then immediately went to search for more, and that's too long? Sure, this isn't a problem with the game's balance, obviously it's OP's fault.
Yeah gens annoy me. Especially as Spirit. I ######### you not when I say that I have 10-20 second chases and I have a gen just instantly popped. The speed of gens gets on my nerves sometimes. But she's the best killer at chasing so I can sometimes have 2 people downed in 10-20 seconds aswell if they group up. But still the gens are stupidly fast.
I've heard that running Sloppy Butcher and Thanatophobia is the way to delay the game because you force them to heal. Or suffer a massive penalty.
I play rank 1 and don't run ruin. Once on a while I get "gen rushed" but usually it's my fault if I get smoked. Also, even if they get off to a hot start that doesn't mean things can't snowball on them if you get some hits/downs off of multiple survivors.
Switch to billy and get good with him that's your only option. He has amazing map mobility and a one shot down at all times if you use steering add ons. Any other killer is too slow and takes too long to kill anyone
I remember I played a match as Hillbilly a week or so ago, having just gotten to rank 5 mind you. I swapped out HEX: Ruin for Tinkerer just to see: ",How bad could it really be?"
It was that bad.
The flashes and noise notifications still echo in my head.
I think I managed to get one kill by rev camping a hooked person by an open gate.
The rank isn't too bad honestly as you get enough points and some games last longer than others. But yeah, HEX: Ruin is far more important at those ranks than any of the lower ones.
Surprising, I find Billy to be one of the only killers where ruin is a waste of a slot. Billy and Nurse don't need it for me. Try him out again without Ruin. I do well at rank 1 without it.
Nurse does well too. If you're good with Hag you can pressure the map enough to win. Spirit can down a team within 20 seconds so yeah, shes a good pick. She's also the second strongest killer.
When things start to look bad always fall back to the three gen strategy, I've won so many games that I shouldn't have due to gen control and survivors allowing me to dictate where the last gens are gonna be
You cant 4k in every trial.
Git gud
How about streaming that to prove this statement?
You can't escape everytime.
Git gud.
Both points are 100% correct. So you should both stop acting elitist.
Every other thread could be ended with "you can't escape/4k every game, move on"
But nobody listens. They all want to 100% crush every game and get mad when it doesnt happen.
Ik its obvious, at least i dont complain and create a thread in the forum nosense ^^
omfg. No you don't need to 4k every match and I dare you to quote where he claimed you should. Rather you should 4k with equal likely hood as an equally skilled survivor team escaping, the exact number is flexible and is anywhere from 20% to 50%. I'd say 30% is ideal but that's just me
I don't like to use Ruin or any of the Hex perks but due the genrushing problem I'm starting to use it in almost every build if I want to have some fun and more than 3-4 hooks in more than half of he trials.
Iridescent Button: Your TR expands across the map.
this allows you to go after the ones near a gen ๐
Apply pressure?
I just don't believe this happening. I'm fairly positive its at least a little bit exaggerated. honestly would love to see a video of this happening
It's happening regularly at high ranks. Three generators can be completed in 80 seconds without any increases in speed (which is unrealistic as there's always a toolbox or someone hits a skill check). It took 75 seconds for the first survivor to be placed in the dying state. Do the math.
A gen can be done in 80 seconds, minus the time it takes to find one without overlapping with another survivor. By taking away all the time leading up to anything, with that same logic, a survivor can be downed in 1 second with instant-down skills or add-ons, or 3 seconds without.