What if the hatch spawned at....

Random periods of the match?


Or every time someone is killed the hatch spawns for a brief time?

what would be the effect of that? Or something along those lines

this is coming from arank one killer since old system who never gets in a hatch standoff because I let them have the hatch.

Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • It may result in Survivors hiding for 30 minutes.

  • Hatch needs a nerf, not a buff.

  • The hatch doesn't need a nerf or buff.

  • You’d never see another killer since every death meant a free escape for the survivors.

  • No. That is really dumb.

    The hatch concept is good, but the mechanics are bad. It is horribly survivor sided.

    The killer needs the ability to close the hatch permanently, or until a generator is done. Just because a SWF team OR a non-SWF team got 2/5 gens done doesn't equate to a almost free escape.

    Survivors are notorious for waiting standoffs out. It's just very 1 sided. Especially if they are healed and all the tryhard trash run self care anyways.

    What I would do is just make it to where the killer can close the hatch permanently. If would buff perks like Resilience or whatever more. It's something that has been needed forever.


    In a PTB a long time ago they had it to where killer could close it and that was it. Then they did that if they close it the gates powered up. Either one would be better than what we have.

  • @thekiller490490 said:

    Hatch needs a nerf, not a buff.

    Not really a nerf but a rework at the whole endgame mechanic (both exit gates and hatch)

  • I forgot to add that survivors should get a big boost to gens

  • That would essentially reward survivors for letting each other die and punish the killer for killing. All I would have to do is bring a map that tracks the hatch and then I could stick a marker on it with a glass bead. Once one survivor dies, there would be a lineup at the hatch and all three remaining survivors would escape. If you're playing with friends, your friend on the hook could also coordinate and let themselves die so the hatch opens for everyone else.

  • @Peanits said:

    That would essentially reward survivors for letting each other die and punish the killer for killing. All I would have to do is bring a map that tracks the hatch and then I could stick a marker on it with a glass bead. Once one survivor dies, there would be a lineup at the hatch and all three remaining survivors would escape. If you're playing with friends, your friend on the hook could also coordinate and let themselves die so the hatch opens for everyone else.

    Lol yeah true

  • So how about the killer also knows where the hatch is and he has 1 down cpapabikity

  • One change I would like to see is requiring at least three generators complete before the hatch spawns, and make it so that the hatch doesn’t open if an exit gate is opened.


    Even when gates are opened you have Survivors hanging around and dragging games out just to find the hatch.

  • @michaelmyers87 said:

    So how about the killer also knows where the hatch is and he has 1 down cpapabikity

    I don't think this idea has any chance of being balanced, personally.

  • @Dwight_Confusion said:

    No. That is really dumb.

    The hatch concept is good, but the mechanics are bad. It is horribly survivor sided.

    The killer needs the ability to close the hatch permanently, or until a generator is done. Just because a SWF team OR a non-SWF team got 2/5 gens done doesn't equate to a almost free escape.

    Survivors are notorious for waiting standoffs out. It's just very 1 sided. Especially if they are healed and all the tryhard trash run self care anyways.

    What I would do is just make it to where the killer can close the hatch permanently. If would buff perks like Resilience or whatever more. It's something that has been needed forever.

    In a PTB a long time ago they had it to where killer could close it and that was it. Then they did that if they close it the gates powered up. Either one would be better than what we have.

    Just play legion. Hit them with feral frenzy wait them out at the hatch and hope theyre not very smart looking away to break the chase and watch the timer go out and pick them up. Its golden. It kind of counters but if they're paying attention or not all that smart it works.

  • @Tarvesh said:

    One change I would like to see is requiring at least three generators complete before the hatch spawns, and make it so that the hatch doesn’t open if an exit gate is opened.

    Even when gates are opened you have Survivors hanging around and dragging games out just to find the hatch.

    This is the correct solution. Three gens is fair.

  • its almost impossible for a survivor to do a gen when they are by themselves.


    I had OOO and sole survivor against a wraith once. Only 1 gen was completed so I had to do one on my own. Couldn’t get it done. Not enough time.

  • I even had a yellow toolbox

  • @michaelmyers87 said:

    its almost impossible for a survivor to do a gen when they are by themselves.

    I had OOO and sole survivor against a wraith once. Only 1 gen was completed so I had to do one on my own. Couldn’t get it done. Not enough time.


    That just means you lost. The hatch doesn't need to be buffed because you.abd your team couldn't meet the bare minimum requirements for an escape.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/342545#Comment_342545

    Not really a nerf but a rework at the whole endgame mechanic (both exit gates and hatch)

    Um no. Us survivors work our asses off for those exit gates. It's not easy being toxic, pallet slamming and looping the fxck out of killers...ugh have you no decency! 😂😂😂😂