PTB needs a Change!
DELETE BLOODPOINTS ON THE PTB.
Killers and Survivor should test everything on the Test Server for FREE.
But you need some Rules:
-No Hatch Keys
-Only 3 Insta Heals per day (But in SWF only 1 person can use them)
-No Ultra Rare and Very Rare Addons(only the new killer is allowed to use them.
But Players can only use 5 times Ultra Rare and Very Rare Addons per day)
-No Offerings(only 1 Memento Mori kill is allowed ,per day)
-Each Player get 1 Map Offering for the new Map, per day
I play on the PTB, because I want test stuff.
I dont want grind Bloodpoints.
I just want KYF for public, but with Rules.
Comments
Not even Broken keys? :'(
I'd love if it was like KYF with all options available apart from Ebony Mori and Keys.
Why can’t you just ignore the fact that there is currency in a PUBLIC TEST BUILD?
No one is asking you to grind BP’s.
The devs also make changes to items so it would be kinda dumb to take them out, not to mention the fact that they’re using the same version of the game to try and see how it will do well in the actual game...
Maybe.
But you know why I dont want free Hatch escapes.
We want see the new Killer animation, but we dont want free Moris in every game.
Well those can't open hatches, so...
It's simple @ShyN3ko Just stock up bloodpoints now. Then when the PTB starts, HOPEFULLY, the save they'll use will have all of your bloodpoints.
In the past 24 Hours, I have gotten a little more than 700k BP.
Players dont want test things, because they need many Bloodpoints.
But the Devs need INFORMATIONS.
The PTB should be a information machine.
They are fine.
Yes.
I know.
Then i have the new Killer on the Lvl 30- 35.
With 20-25 perks.
But Players should test everything.
EVERYTHING.
Well, what can ya do?
I could play KYF.
But I dont have friends in DbD XD
But we want see the killer mori animation.
This is why I allowed 1 Mori Kill.
But yeah my idea is just KYF, but with Rules.
You also would need accurate feedback from people playing PTB so if no BP’s existed, they would just breeze through it since there’s no currency.
Accurate feedback is consistent participation to make sure things won’t conflict with each other.
Agree 100%
And you can explain better than me.
Well if anyone needs a +1 for any PTB shenanigans just let me know. If I'm available I'll be sure to help.
No no but seriously the heavy sigh I breathe when I open a chest to find a green key is unreal.
Could be useful if I could yeet it at a survivor or killer.
Well that sort of goes against what the PTB is for, each thing needs tested on all maps.
I do agree though that maybe they should limit certain things and drip feed them in over the length of PTB.
I suggest give us access to everything like in kill your friends and then leave it there. I just don't want to have to farm anything to test out content that isn't even released.
But you need Rule for it, if you play vs Random Players in KYF.
Because Insta Heals,Hatchs Keys and Memento Moris.
Yeah i made a little edit.
Thx for this informations.
I only agree with that there should be an unlimited amount of bps, and the rest things should stay same.
So do you want every game Memento Moris, Hatch Keys, Insta Heals and Map Offering for the Corn Maps?
But these are part of the game, so if players want to test these things, you can't prevent them from doing it. There's, however, still a chance that none of these things will be in your game, so just leave and move onto the next one. Luckily, you can't be punished for leaving on the PTB. (after all, no one is forcing you to play it)
Thats correct.
But you need Rules for the PTB, if all things are unlimited.
Because Ultra and Very Rare things can be rly useful(Example: Mori or Hatch Keys).
If this things would be unlimited, nobody would play on the PTB.
But the Devs need the PTB for Informations.
So things should be unlimited, but very strong things need Rules.
I dont play the current PTB, because I have 30m lobby times and every survivor use Insta Heals or Hatch Keys.
So I cant test anything.
Only in KYF I could test things.
And this is not a real Public PTB.
Because Players only test Private.
Does not really make sense when things are unlimited. This are not live conditions. The PTB needs to be as close as possible to the Live Build.
If the new Killer can use the purple and pink Add-Ons unlimited, the majority of people will use only those. And you cannot see if a Killer is balanced well, when Players are only using the strongest Add-Ons. Then the Killer might be classified as balanced when using them and when you dont have them, he is too weak.
This would be just one example.
The only thing that needs to be changed on the PTB is to have a client for it so that Players do not need to switch between PTB and Live Build.
No
I think it would be best if you have everyone the same stuff to start out with. All perks, a couple of each add-on up to rare, then left the rest up to progress made from playing. That way very rare/ultra rare stuff stays rare and doesn't become the norm. Let's not forget that KYF is there if you just want to have everything and run the best add-ons the entire time.
Thx for this information.
I think I will edit my thread.
But in the current PTB, you cant test the new killer good, because you dont have all perks.
Because Bloodpoints.
Thx for your informations.
I think i will limited the very rare and ultra rare addons per day.
And yes I could play in KYF.
But first, my real life friends dont play DbD.
Second, its a Public Test Server.
I want play versus random Players.
But this is DbD, you need Rules if everything is unlimited like in KYF.
I just want KYF for public, but with Rules.
Yes. Absolutely. Let it be tested FULLY.
In my opinion no.
Hatch keys are rly powerful and not good, if you want to test the killer.
Because the game time is less.
And Insta Heal could be rly annoying, if survivors could use them without limit.
This is DbD.
This community need Rules, if everything is unlimited.
Same thread as last ptb. "Remove all op items so we cant test it accurately".
Yeah i think you are right.
But i will limited Insta Heals.
Yes 4 People could use them in the real game.
But that is rare and rly unbalanced.
And if the new killer play vs 4 insta heals every game.
Then the devs would buff him, because the informations in the PTB.
But in the real game it would be overpowered, because survivors dont use insta heal every game.
I see rly many Insta Heals in the PTB, because Players dont lose them.
They can waste her 90 insta heals in the PTB and they still have them in the real game.
Also, I'm sure they have a way to see which perks and items were run more than others when pouring over the data.
Yeah, I hope they will use the data good.
And I hope they will show us the data, too.
Broken Keys from Chests need 1 Add-on on them by standard.
Oh rly?
I rly didnt know that.
uff
I think you misunderstood me.
I mean that i wish for Broken keys to have an Add-on on them by standard.
Currently they don't have Add-ons, you can't put Add-ons on Items while playing, and they are broken so they can't open a Hatch either, which is a Key's only use without Add-ons.
Finding one does literally nothing but waste time and give you some Chest Search Bloodpoints.
I mean if you escape with it, then you can use it i guess.
But Bloodwebs should supply you with Broken Keys at a better rate anyway.
As a console player, I can't even play PTB.
Now i understand you right.
I think your idea would be rly good.
I mean, then it would be enough to make all Perks available. But the Add-Ons should simply be in Bloodwebs so that not everything is available for free. That way also brown and yellow Add-Ons are used, which helps with Balancing.