RE: New Matchmaking
Last night I was in a 3/4 man SWF, where all of us are rank 1/2. We played probably something like 10 or 15 games. Out of those games we had 3 rank 19/20 killers that just go absolutely destroyed. We had maybe 2-3 purple and green rank killers. Still kind of unfair to them.
One the one hand we were finding games faster. On the other hand, a good chunk of our games were against killers that stood no chance because they were complete newbies.
And yes we all felt bad after the game when we saw rank 20. After the first 2, when we got a killer we thought was low rank we played nice by not gen rushing (but still all 4 escaped). We aren't bullies but there is only so much we can do when the killer has literally no idea how to play.
UPDATE!!!
After going through my clips from last night I am now realizing that almost EVERY single game we had some sort of instance of a desync or lagswitch. As someone that plays on Xbox I doubt every one of the people were lagswitching. I messaged a Billy after it happened once and he said I was just standing there in a wall as if I had given up, so this has to be the game. I've never had connection problems that bad until last night.
Truthfully, just give us the option to select preference. I should be able to pick between quick match, good connection, and matching ranks.
Comments
I really wonder what kind of data BHVR wants to collect.
How many games does it take to draw away a beginner killer facing rank 1 squads?
One dude quit and I don't blame him. We weren't being toxic he just could not catch us. He whiffed a lot and we were just running in a straight line. The only way this guy was gonna get a hook is if we just walked up and let him down us.
I played a game earlier where it was 4 players in red ranks against a rank 20 Myers who said it was his first game.
I like the pace of getting into lobbies on PS4, I would suggest that they add a blood point bonus when the rank difference is greater then 5 on average. IE a rank 20 Survivor or killer going against a 14 or lower would get extra points with 2x for a rank 20 v a rank 1..... This way getting looped or killed easily would reward the player in some function.
Would be interesting to know what their aim was with this new match making system. Not that it would change anything if we knew. Surely, there's a simple algorithm hiccup somewhere in there. High ranks matching with the lowest ranks makes no sense in any match making . . . Unless their aim was to try and match players with other players using their Time Played as a way to match players (counter players dropping rank for easy games)
This isn't the case however when a rank 1 Survivor has a rank 19 Killer as it's not possible to drop below rank 15 aside from rank reset. Matching players based on time played would be interesting IMO however, I don't see this being possible on Console. Maybe a devotion matching of some sort.
Who knows, all I know is lower ranked killers getting stomped is going to get old really quick for both sides. Hope this gets resolved soon!
That cant be the case since literally beginner killers with basic perks etc are versed against full stacked out fulltime streamers
As I mentioned
I was throwing out theories in what they are trying to accomplish. Not saying I know anything.
Times as Killer, for me on PC have gotten worse since the new match making system. Both survivor and killer lobby times were almost instant. Something within the new system changed that for me.
I would also make the max de-rank per cycle at 5. So if you are a rank 1, it will take 4 months to de-rank to 20.
Other then this control, people can farm by messaging the lobby, so its not really anything abnormal. I would love for them to add items/perks that require rank to run but that would be a lot of work.
Lobbies popped way faster last night.
I've also gotten a few low ranks in my killer games, but nothing like a full room of 15's or something. Usually all red rank and 1 guy will be way lower rank (so he's probably in SWF with someone). But as high rank killer against low ranks I have more control over the game. I can choose to just slug someone and keep them in the game if I feel like they aren't that good just to be fair. As survivor you don't have that option. I wouldn't mind getting chased and hit by this low rank, but I was nervous if he DID hook me that he might face camp or something because we did 3 gens already. It forces me to kind of play like a dick because I can't be sure I'll have another chance. As killer I can be sure I'll catch that person again if I want to, and if they actually get away then they played well because I'm just way better than them.
Also, iron sharpens iron. Playing against superior competion can be a bummer at that moment, but if you're not a quitter and take the time to learn what the opposition is doing to beat you, you can actually use that info to become a better player.
Both sides' newbies are going to quit if they have to "occasionally" play unwinnable rounds. Keeping it like this is a recipe for disaster.
You can't logic people into playing a game they don't enjoy. Platitudes have never helped anyone.
This is what I’m guessing is that data that they’re trying to collect.
Why you simply don't let him hook each one of you two times and then scape?
I have never faced red ranks squads and I am usually in green ranks, but I notice perfectly when a deranked squad is playing and is a wasted time and damn stressful.
Name a single reason why they would mix up ranks like this. I cant think of one
I’m sorry I’m not very good with this kind of stuff.
No wonder my games have had rank 13-15 Survivors in them when I'm in ranks 8-9. I think it's kind of obvious that there are issues that still need to be fixed because of how extreme some of these cases are. Brown rank Survivors getting matched with red rank Killers and vice versa is insane. That's one way to convince newbies to drop the game.
Because we have no way to know if the killer will understand what we are doing because they are so new. Do they realize we are willing to farm? They may not know the cues yet. If I let him hook me and he camps, well we can probably make the save but it's going to really make him mad. It's just not fair to him that we have to play like that, we shouldn't get them as our killer. Maybe give them a green rank team at best but not 4 red ranks.
Its completely outrageous that someone has to face enemies of higher rank difference than ~3.
But that already was teh base before BHVR messed up matchmaking, thanks to SWF
Matchmaking didn't take forever. It wasn't every match i was mismatched. I believe 3 out of 10.
Today, I had a lot of games against new players. I hope the devs fix this quickly. I'm afraid new players could get frustrated easily and quit DbD after only a couple of games.
Instead of matching red ranks with brown ranks, it would be better to match reds with purples, purples with greens, greens with yellows and so on...
I was getting a freaking tonne of games from countries nowhere near me last night, and completely mismatched games. Pretty good job so far