New decisive strike
Okay...
First: its so dumb,because the survivors would have to be hung to use it besides you can only use it ONLY in 60 seconds I personally liked the previous one ... but the new one is trash #iwantmydecisiveback
Okay...
First: its so dumb,because the survivors would have to be hung to use it besides you can only use it ONLY in 60 seconds I personally liked the previous one ... but the new one is trash #iwantmydecisiveback
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Sorry for my english
The change to DS is great! Can't wait for it
60 seconds is long as hell. It should be half that.
You don't even need to use the new DS. Just having it will be a deterrent to stop the killer from tunneling you. Hell just having it in the game might make the killer think twice.
You don't even need it to be good. You know what killers are like, DS is like garlic to a vampire. Nobody wants to take one of those stuns because it's not a good feeling.
I think the idea of that person having DS may be stronger than the perk itself.
Imo the timer for how long it's active to be used after unhooking is too long. If you're seriously getting tunneled that hard, a much lower timer will be effective. At 60 seconds I could literally make it across the map, down and hook someone else, then come back to find them again and they are still in that 60 second window to get the DS on me. That scenario isn't a tunnel and I get punished. I like the change, just lower the timer some so that it really is JUST an anti-tunnel perk, not an immunity for 1 minute perk.
At least us killer mains get to bathe in the tears of survivor mains on the forums now
Haha! True
Well yeah I wouldn't call it BIG either. That said, 40 seconds should be plenty if they are dead on you in that way. If a minute is really needed in that situation then I think that's also an illustration how overly long chases are able to go on in the current meta as if it's really a minute chase that's at least a couple gens worth of time.
But, in the end, we’ll have to see how it works in action, ya know?
You can stun him in pick up animation i think
Just down him and dont pick him up go chase other one the changes are good no need to nerf DS to the point nobody will use it
I still think a lot of people would use it
The third tier is supposed to be good. It's still not enough time to solo gen so consider that.
In the past I did want to see Decisive Strike nerfed to oblivion, but after seeing this change I think this is better.
Here is a thought, no
Great post - I agree totally.
If you're so good to do that in 60 sec , then DS should not be a problem for you.
You way undervalue what DS does.
I know how annoying the DS can be.
I only say that if a killer is able to win a chase so quickly then he is also able to deal with the DS.
Just my opinion btw.
I don't believe those are correlated as it's highly subjective. Just depends how close they are to pallets or windows when they go down. Being skilled =/= DS isn't a problem. There is no skill in countering DS, you just eat it and hope there isn't something nearby and there usually is. This is obviously talking about the old one. New one just means as a survivor you're now gonna be getting slugged a lot just in case you have it.
Why would one worry about that?
#iwantmybalanceback
I know you are generally against NOED too but isn't it just like NOED?
Both sides have extra 5th psychological perk slot and people have to play around it.
As a killer, honestly, I didn't have much problem with borrowed time and I think that I will not have any problem with the new DS. Maybe, times is too long but we can judge it better when we see the actual change.
We will see it in the PTB I guess.
I feel the problem with NOED goes back to solo vs swf.
You can choose not to tunnel and then not take a DS. You can't choose good teammates who make an effort to cleanse totems lol
NOED isn't so bad in SWF because you tell each other when you're cleansing totems etc and it feels like a side objective.
However running around solo and looking for all 5 because the rest wont do any is a pain in the ass, especially if the killer is getting hooks, gens are popping and you're running around messing with totems.
I've heard people try to suggest ways that each player has to cleanse a totem thenself to not be affected by NOED. I think 1 totem is too little but I like the idea where each player has a task and only those who don't do it get hit by this ultra powerful perk.
Honestly, the main problem with the me DS is the obsession switch. Just axe that and we’re good. Don’t want countless other perks taking bullets for DS’ sins
What about survivor fun?
If the killer have a mori you dont have chance to use the ds. Mori are gonna be more overpowered now
.
So if the killler have an addons you can use a perk in one game yes i see what you mean. It will a shame if you can complity destory one perk before you use it
Sprint burst? Needs to go
Toolboxes? Need to go
Self-care? Needs to go
Dead hard? Needs to go
Ebony moris, NOED, iridecsent heads, instasaw etc? Survivors just need to git gud and stop complaining.
Oh and thanks for proving my point. NOED is indeed pretty much worthless against SWF. Yet it's still overpowering against solo. It's a perk that is unfairly balanced.
I think the new DS is better in many ways:
i dont know about u guys but by the time the killer is back to tunnel u, half of the time already passed ur theories maybe correct if he is facecamping. but using the decisive how it is now.
the only efficiant way to get to actually use it is to kill urself by running into the killer.
if u try to survive u waste ur perk because any good player can make the chase longer then 30-40 secs wich by the time the perk already wont work anymore but he still tunnels u.
i believed post nerf decisive is to strong but i actually want to use it, i can just switch to deliverance now and make more use of that.
someone mentioned here "just by having it the killer thinks twice" i can just pick any other obsession perk and he will think twice and i actually will also use a perk
If you use DS and never actually use it in a match, you still benefited. You were never tunneled that game. DS is anti-tunnel now. I personally will be enjoying these changes both killer and survivor.
where is my fun,when i go down with your no one escape death. Or when you mori me. I don't know. Nerf all #########. Not only one side
"You know, maybe instead of relying on DS to get out of a bad situation, maybe, just maybe, you should avoid getting in the bad situation in the first place?"
You know that being caught and chased by the Killer is part of the gameplay?
Do Killer Mains actually think before they try to argue?