Idea for an anti DS perk

First time survivor attempts to wiggle off the killer, it will end in failure as killer holds on tight. Killer will stop in an animation for a second and additional meter will be added to wiggle out bar again.
Tier 1 - 5%
Tier 2 - 10%
Tier 3 - 15%

Idea behind it is that a normal survivor will have to just wiggle the extra percentage but the DS user will have to wiggle the whole bar or whatever wasn't filled.

Could be a wasted perk but there lies the risk.

What do you guys think?

Comments

  • No, no and no

    DS is only strong if ur the obsession
  • Please no. After 3 years we're over "fixing" problems with more perks and killers. We just want the issues fixed at base for everyone without requiring a perk. No more bandaids.

  • Laaaaaame idea, band-aid fixing never really helped this game, can we finally fix the issues at his roots pls?
  • Laaaaaame idea,band-aid fixing never really helped this game, can we finally fix the issues at his roots pls?
    What band aid fixes did we get for DS?
    No, no and no

    DS is only strong if ur the obsession
    And this perk would severely punish the obsession and no obsession DS users alike.

    I would also like DS to simply disappear but I think this could be an alternative route.
  • ermsy said:
    Laaaaaame idea,band-aid fixing never really helped this game, can we finally fix the issues at his roots pls?
    What band aid fixes did we get for DS?
    Rancor, to name one.
    And this pretty much applys on everything.
    "Anything broken? Let's introduce a new perk to fix it" basically since 2016. 
  • Remember, a DS rework is coming soon™
  • ermsy said:
    Laaaaaame idea,band-aid fixing never really helped this game, can we finally fix the issues at his roots pls?
    What band aid fixes did we get for DS?
    Rancor, to name one.
    And this pretty much applys on everything.
    "Anything broken? Let's introduce a new perk to fix it" basically since 2016. 
    Rancor didn't tackle DS directly, you would still have to get hit by DS or completely ignore that survivor till the end.

    Whereas this idea nullifys it completely.

    But I'm interested in your idea to fix the issue if you have one.
  • The fix for the issue is to rework DS or remove it entirely. By far the worst thing in this game.

  • @ermsy said:
    What band aid fixes did we get for DS?
    And this perk would severely punish the obsession and no obsession DS users alike.

    I would also like DS to simply disappear but I think this could be an alternative route.

    -Rancor
    -Enduring
    -Iron Grasp
    -Unnerving Presence
    All 4 of these perks are bandaids to DS as they have some form of interaction with them or encourage you to avoid it until the very end. For Rancor you just wait until the very end though that is detrimental to the rest of the match while enduring cuts down the time you're stunned from DS. Meanwhile you have iron grasp that does exactly what you're suggesting - wiggle more before you can use the perk and then unnerving which shrinks the skillcheck but none of these are legitimate total counters to the perk. (A counter implies totally negating something) A lot of the time perks are released to help deal with problems instead of new baseline features to the game.

  • Okapi said:

    The fix for the issue is to rework DS or remove it entirely. By far the worst thing in this game.

    I agree with you but the rework has seemed to have been abandoned a while ago and I don't think they will remove...so where does that leave us?
  • ermsy said:
    Okapi said:

    The fix for the issue is to rework DS or remove it entirely. By far the worst thing in this game.

    I agree with you but the rework has seemed to have been abandoned a while ago and I don't think they will remove...so where does that leave us?
    Keep pressuring them to make the right call and remove it.

    Give Laurie a new perk.
  • @ermsy said:
    What band aid fixes did we get for DS?
    And this perk would severely punish the obsession and no obsession DS users alike.

    I would also like DS to simply disappear but I think this could be an alternative route.

    -Rancor
    -Enduring
    -Iron Grasp
    -Unnerving Presence
    All 4 of these perks are bandaids to DS as they have some form of interaction with them or encourage you to avoid it until the very end. For Rancor you just wait until the very end though that is detrimental to the rest of the match while enduring cuts down the time you're stunned from DS. Meanwhile you have iron grasp that does exactly what you're suggesting - wiggle more before you can use the perk and then unnerving which shrinks the skillcheck but none of these are legitimate total counters to the perk. (A counter implies totally negating something) A lot of the time perks are released to help deal with problems instead of new baseline features to the game.

    I don't think you read the op if you are suggesting that iron grasp is exactly the same. Iron grasp makes you wiggle more, my idea adds more wiggle after the initial bar has been filled. 

    If you picked up the DS obsession with iron grasp, they would simply get off in 3 seconds, my idea would force them to use the whole wiggle as if they didn't have DS.

    The only reason I've even come up with this is that the re-work has been abandoned and secondly DS won't be removed from the game as much as I would like it to be removed.

    If anything this should replace iron grasp, against non DS users it would act nearly the same.
  • @ermsy said:
    Okapi said:

    The fix for the issue is to rework DS or remove it entirely. By far the worst thing in this game.

    I agree with you but the rework has seemed to have been abandoned a while ago and I don't think they will remove...so where does that leave us?

    We have to constantly talk about this topic. Let the devs know that it is still an issue.

    I believe the big problem is that there is no good idea yet how DS could be reworked or by which perk it could be replaced. If the community came up with a good idea that could speed things up.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    We have to constantly talk about this topic. Let the devs know that it is still an issue.

    I believe the big problem is that there is no good idea yet how DS could be reworked or by which perk it could be replaced. If the community came up with a good idea that could speed things up.

    Community comes up with good ideas, they don't care. Forums are just addiction at this point, if people believe that they will change something here, they are dead wrong.

    Streamers > Reddit > Everything else. Even reddit doesn't have much power.

    Sadly, what you and I say don't mean anything whether we accept it or not.

  • @The_Crusader said:
    Remember, a DS rework is coming soon™

    Lol.

  • Lets rework the perk , not make a killer or perk counter one other perk

  • Yeah that sounds totally fair and balanced: a killer who is alone vs 4 ppl needs perks to counter 1 out of the possible combinations that survivors MIGHT have. what a good idea, bhvr should immediately hire you.

  • No, no and no

    DS is only strong if ur the obsession
    The new hook distribution would like to have a word with you.... 
  • Master said:
    No, no and no

    DS is only strong if ur the obsession
    The new hook distribution would like to have a word with you.... 
    Ssh. Don't spill that. The devs are hoping killers haven't noticed how broken the new hook distribution is.

    Had one last night, back of pantry was completely empty at one side. Had to drop a guy again and leave him slugged. Fun game for both sides.
  • @Delfador said:

    @NoShinyPony said:

    We have to constantly talk about this topic. Let the devs know that it is still an issue.

    I believe the big problem is that there is no good idea yet how DS could be reworked or by which perk it could be replaced. If the community came up with a good idea that could speed things up.

    Community comes up with good ideas, they don't care.

    To be fair, I haven't read a good enough suggestion for a DS rework yet. Of course, I could have missed something.

  • Useless perk, sorry mate.
  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @Delfador said:

    @NoShinyPony said:

    We have to constantly talk about this topic. Let the devs know that it is still an issue.

    I believe the big problem is that there is no good idea yet how DS could be reworked or by which perk it could be replaced. If the community came up with a good idea that could speed things up.

    Community comes up with good ideas, they don't care.

    To be fair, I haven't read a good enough suggestion for a DS rework yet. Of course, I could have missed something.

    A 3,4,5 second stun on the killer during which you can still wiggle (but the killer can look around to not make flashlight saves too easy), doesn't require being an obsession, easy skillcheck, perk can be filled up after usage by finding a sharp object in lockers.

    There, I even introduced a second objective to survivors.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    @NoShinyPony said:

    @Delfador said:

    @NoShinyPony said:

    We have to constantly talk about this topic. Let the devs know that it is still an issue.

    I believe the big problem is that there is no good idea yet how DS could be reworked or by which perk it could be replaced. If the community came up with a good idea that could speed things up.

    Community comes up with good ideas, they don't care.

    To be fair, I haven't read a good enough suggestion for a DS rework yet. Of course, I could have missed something.

    A 3,4,5 second stun on the killer during which you can still wiggle

    Yeah, I know that suggestion. The devs thought about it and came to the conclusion it's not a good enough idea. I agree with them on this one.

  • @BACKSTABBER said:
    No, no and no

    DS is only strong if ur the obsession

    No. DS is strongest when you got it and isn't the obsession. It's a free escape you cannot account for.

    On topic. Rather than adding band-aid perks for other perks, why not just remove DS? Would be far easier in my eyes.