A new perk inspired by the Twisted Masquerade.
Back in June 2023, the Twisted Masquerade event introduced us with a bunch on new mechanics. Such as the fragile pallet. With the introduction of Rick Grimes gave us the perk Apocalyptic Ingenuity. Which implemented the fragile pallet as a base feature. Along with the June 2023 came another cool survivor mechanic, the vault blocker.
I just think it would be cool if a survivor perk could block windows. It could be like Bada Bada Boom where it activates by completing 20% of a generator. Instead of an active ability button, you can just vault a window and it blocks the window around 2 seconds. (Could be longer if too weak).
This mechanic might be too strong but they bought back fragile pallets so maybe it could work.
Comments
Not for 20% of a gen. Same issue as with apocalyptic ingenuity, its super hard to balance.
Maybe for one opened chest?
Good idea, I'll do that. I think time would increase to 3 or 4 seconds so you get a little more value. Now it is just like the Twisted Masquerade Vault Blocker.
Yeah, i think for dedicating your whole build to it around 3 seconds of blocked window could be fine.
That would be crazy strong on an upstairs window with Balanced Landing. It's one of those mechanics that I think could be so busted, there might not be a way to make a balanced perk out of it (a bit like the Killer power to teleport Survivors to hooks).
But maybe it could be something like after fully repairing a generator, the next time you fast vault a window you block it for 2 seconds (or whatever), after which the perk deactivates. I dunno… Might be a fun but limited use meme perk?
I think Apocalyptic Ingenuity will be kinda decent now, with a chest looter build. It's still very much a meme perk but it'll have a place in at least one of my silly builds. So there's space in the game for things like that, I think.
I hope so. I know that the devs take inspiration from events for perks, like Apocalyptic Ingenuity. It might be strong but that really depends on how you balance it.