Spirit is strongest in this game

it’s official. She’s higher than nurse now 

Comments

  • Why do you think this?

  • @michaelmyers87 said:
    it’s official. She’s higher than nurse now 

    I think the spirit does epic catches of survs doing gennies, but nurse still more powerful

  • Spirit is either third or second best, depending how good the Player can play with her. Billy is easier to use, but a good Spirit player is better than a good Billy-Player.

    I dont think that Nurse can be second best without some bigger Nerfs. She completely counters Game Mechanics like Pallets. And a Killer doing this can only be the best.

  • There is nothing stronger then being able to blink through objects at the fastest MS% in the game..... that said spirit is top tier for sure 
  • Spirit can make some godlike plays but against decent survivors I feel like I’m playing rock, paper, scissors.

    We both take a guess of what the other is going to do and it may turn out good, bad or the same.

  • Rex_Huin said:

    Spirit can make some godlike plays but against decent survivors I feel like I’m playing rock, paper, scissors.

    We both take a guess of what the other is going to do and it may turn out good, bad or the same.

    Exactly! Often we feel she is very strong, when in fact we're just getting lucky.
    No way she's stronger than Nurse.
  • Nurse is more powerful as she has multiple blinks whereas spirit has a power gauge which limits her movement a lot more.
  • Spirit is really strong but she's easily countered if you cover your tracks.

  • Spirit is strong but she's still behind Nurse and Hillbilly.
    Spirit in good hands is great but Nurse in the right hands just dominates completely. Hillbilly on the other hand doesn't take much skill and is still strong.

  • Depends if you are on PC or console I suppose.

  • She is undoubtedly worse than Nurse. Tru3 said she's only better than Nurse with a certain BUILD. Not in general. Holy #########.

  • Rex_Huin said:

    Spirit can make some godlike plays but against decent survivors I feel like I’m playing rock, paper, scissors.

    We both take a guess of what the other is going to do and it may turn out good, bad or the same.

    Exactly! Often we feel she is very strong, when in fact we're just getting lucky.
    No way she's stronger than Nurse.
    I don't agree with the getting lucky part... there is high skill requirement to playing her... if the survivor has iron will yes you'll have a harder time but it's not a guessing game by any means if you know how to use her..
  • @michaelmyers87 said:
    it’s official. She’s higher than nurse now 

    No

  • Spirit is strong but she's still behind Nurse and Hillbilly.
    Spirit in good hands is great but Nurse in the right hands just dominates completely. Hillbilly on the other hand doesn't take much skill and is still strong.

    Hillbilly takes skill comparative to the skill of the survivors he’s against 
    if you think he takes no skill it’s because you have no skill
  • @yeet said:
    Bongbingbing said:

    Spirit is strong but she's still behind Nurse and Hillbilly.

    Spirit in good hands is great but Nurse in the right hands just dominates completely. Hillbilly on the other hand doesn't take much skill and is still strong.

    Hillbilly takes skill comparative to the skill of the survivors he’s against 
    if you think he takes no skill it’s because you have no skill

    No need to be hostile, I said he doesn't take much skill as in comparatively to spirit or nurse. He's a lot easier to play.

  • @yeet said:
    Bongbingbing said:

    Spirit is strong but she's still behind Nurse and Hillbilly.

    Spirit in good hands is great but Nurse in the right hands just dominates completely. Hillbilly on the other hand doesn't take much skill and is still strong.

    Hillbilly takes skill comparative to the skill of the survivors he’s against 
    if you think he takes no skill it’s because you have no skill

    No need to be hostile, I said he doesn't take much skill as in comparatively to spirit or nurse. He's a lot easier to play.

    I find nurse much easier to play than billy
  • Agreed.

    Nurse is juked easily when blinking. It's not hard to mind game her blinks.

    Spirit has better mindgame potential, and this is a game where mind gaming is extremely important during chases.

  • Passive Phasing, the missing window vaulting animation and the non-existing phasing sound inside the spirits terror radius (as well as the non-directional phasing sound) do not involve any real mindgames.

    These are builtin mechanics and they do not involve skill (I have more respect for a skilled Nurse or Hillbilly moonwalking a Jungle Gym than a Spirit). And getting a hit because of them is more like winning a coin toss.

    You did not mindgame somebody if you won a coin toss. Only thing is, you can keep repeating to "toss the coin" many many more times, and at some point you will also get a 2nd hit on the survivor. Again, not much skill or mindgames involved here.

    So, you can keep tossing your coin and say that it's "Mindgames", but it's not Mindgames. So please stop overusing the term "Mindgame" for everything and everyone.

  • @Salty_Pearl said:
    Spirit is really strong but she's easily countered if you cover your tracks.

    She can also be ez countered by a good windows, such as in a coal tower or suffocation pit. but it's pretty RNG if those windows would be opened.

  • @michaelmyers87 said:
    it’s official. She’s higher than nurse now 

    I think the spirit does epic catches of survs doing gennies, but nurse still more powerful

    It’s a close one, As a survivor the nurse seems easier to counter to me, but maybe I haven’t played against spirit enough and I didn’t get the dlc so haven’t experienced the play styles.
  • @Pizzaman said:
    Passive Phasing, the missing window vaulting animation and the non-existing phasing sound inside the spirits terror radius (as well as the non-directional phasing sound) do not involve any real mindgames.

    These are builtin mechanics and they do not involve skill (I have more respect for a skilled Nurse or Hillbilly moonwalking a Jungle Gym than a Spirit). And getting a hit because of them is more like winning a coin toss.

    You did not mindgame somebody if you won a coin toss. Only thing is, you can keep repeating to "toss the coin" many many more times, and at some point you will also get a 2nd hit on the survivor. Again, not much skill or mindgames involved here.

    So, you can keep tossing your coin and say that it's "Mindgames", but it's not Mindgames. So please stop overusing the term "Mindgame" for everything and everyone.

    You've never really played The Spirit, have you? Lol.

  • Brady said:

    @Pizzaman said:
    Passive Phasing, the missing window vaulting animation and the non-existing phasing sound inside the spirits terror radius (as well as the non-directional phasing sound) do not involve any real mindgames.

    These are builtin mechanics and they do not involve skill (I have more respect for a skilled Nurse or Hillbilly moonwalking a Jungle Gym than a Spirit). And getting a hit because of them is more like winning a coin toss.

    You did not mindgame somebody if you won a coin toss. Only thing is, you can keep repeating to "toss the coin" many many more times, and at some point you will also get a 2nd hit on the survivor. Again, not much skill or mindgames involved here.

    So, you can keep tossing your coin and say that it's "Mindgames", but it's not Mindgames. So please stop overusing the term "Mindgame" for everything and everyone.

    You've never really played The Spirit, have you? Lol.



    That's what I ask when I read this type of crap... lol

  • @Pizzaman said:
    Passive Phasing, the missing window vaulting animation and the non-existing phasing sound inside the spirits terror radius (as well as the non-directional phasing sound) do not involve any real mindgames.

    These are builtin mechanics and they do not involve skill (I have more respect for a skilled Nurse or Hillbilly moonwalking a Jungle Gym than a Spirit). And getting a hit because of them is more like winning a coin toss.

    You did not mindgame somebody if you won a coin toss. Only thing is, you can keep repeating to "toss the coin" many many more times, and at some point you will also get a 2nd hit on the survivor. Again, not much skill or mindgames involved here.

    So, you can keep tossing your coin and say that it's "Mindgames", but it's not Mindgames. So please stop overusing the term "Mindgame" for everything and everyone.

    As someone that now OFFICIALLY mains the Spirit ( https://xboxclips.com/thesuicidefox/58cb8904-31bb-4b49-893a-e82bdb858cf5 this is how most of my games end) I can tell you it's not a coin toss. You have to predict what a survivor will do and pay attention to even the SLIGHTEST hint of what a survivor is doing (groaning/breathing sounds, scratch marks, moving grass, crows, etc.). Passive phasing add-ons make it harder to counter a Spirit's predictions because it's harder to tell what she is doing, but it doesn't just give her free hits.

    You can guess but if you're just guessing all the time trust me you won't catch a survivor that quickly, and you will probably never catch a GOOD survivor. It's mostly prediction skills. Good survivors are super squirrelly, messing up your predictions and thus are much harder to catch. IW is also a hard counter to her, with LW and QQ being soft counters.

    As far as if she is better than Nurse, no I don't agree. Nurse can teleport through walls, nothing else even comes close. Spirit still has to deal with strong loops and is limited more in her mobility options. I will say it's probably easier to be a good Nurse than it is to be a good Spirit, because Nurse is mostly mechanical skill whereas Spirit is almost all mental skill. It's a lot easier to learn a mechanical skill and do basic predictions than it is to do very extreme, almost telepathic, predictions.

  • Nothing beats nurse.
  • @George_Soros said:
    Rex_Huin said:

    Spirit can make some godlike plays but against decent survivors I feel like I’m playing rock, paper, scissors.

    We both take a guess of what the other is going to do and it may turn out good, bad or the same.

    Exactly! Often we feel she is very strong, when in fact we're just getting lucky.
    No way she's stronger than Nurse.

    Not that the Nurse's gameplay doesn't involve luck... I've seen (and done) a lot of totally random plays or plain mistakes that just happened to favouring the killer