A effort to try to archive the forums in some aspect.

I put a Forum into the way back machine and noticed it just saved a blank, so decided to manually back up some posts so that we have a archival form of them.

Focus on Feedback posts eg the pallet density feedback threads and official dev threads like the skull merchant concept stuff, update announcements along with all the comments and discussions regarding the post.

Older stuff is already lost eg older realses like one below link is dead for feedback (unless someone can get it working then ill add).

@Peanits said:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/NLZW3ANSO7CP/releaseinformation.png

This PTB includes the upcoming Tools of Torment Chapter, a visual update for the Red Forest Realm, customizable loadouts for Survivor bots, and various quality of life features & balance changes.

RELEASE SCHEDULE

PTB goes live: 11AM ET

CHAPTER CONTENT

  • New Killer: The Skull Merchant
  • New Survivor: Thalita Lyra
  • New Survivor: Renato Lyra
  • Updated Map: Shelter Woods

ADDITIONAL CONTENT

  • Visual Update: Red Forest
  • Visual Update: Haddie Kaur
  • Map Repeat Prevention
  • Customizable Survivor Bot Loadouts
  • And more!

Learn more about these changes in our February Developer Update:

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/375

PATCH NOTES

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/376

HOW TO ACCESS THE PTB

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/358-ptbs

HOW TO REPORT BUGS

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/categories/6-6-0-ptb-bug-reporting

HOW TO GIVE FEEDBACK

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/categories/6-6-0-ptb-feedback

Am going to try to add more threads outside of developer threads, such as historical ones like the David king thread.

Happy to have thread suggestions too be added and if any members would like their posts archived can make folders with members name containing their posts, will only be your posts not every comment you've made. (Un private profile for this idk if search function will work if you have private profiles)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eHY6IGdBjHY6XAvo7bzfbw5N2kexqASw?usp=sharing

Comments

  • You're doing great work.

    I don't have any suggestions at the moment, but its something I'll certainly give some thought.

  • Great work. I am glad we have people in the community who are doing this, so that we can keep the memories we made along the way here.

  • Good work so far! I was actually able to use the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine to preserve some threads I wanted to keep for posterity (I'm on desktop PC). Somebody has already saved the official announcement of the closure of the forums over there:

    Wayback Machine link to forums closure announcement

    It only saved the first page, though. So multiple pages will have to be saved individually if anyone wants to back up the entire discussion. I think it would be very ironic and funny if that was all that we had left preserved of the forums on the web when they're finally gone.

    I've also saved a couple of lore build threads that I posted in and wanted to bookmark for myself (because I'm forgetful and I might want to be reminded of them some day). I like making builds a lot in this game:

    I would like to hear your Lore-based Builds (Survivor OR Killer)

    Anyone have some fun Legion builds?

    ^As you see, some images didn't properly save, so if there are lots of large images on the page they sadly won't all be saved. Only one snapshot of a page can be made per hour.

    You can also use urlclean.com to clean the URL slugs of anything unnecessary in the address to make for a better archived page. And this is the link you need to save a page to the wayback machine:

    https://web.archive.org/save

    Anyone can do this, but it is very time consuming and it would obviously be an impossibly huge undertaking to preserve absolutely everything. And it will only be preserved for as long as the Internet Archive still exists. But still better than nothing, I guess?

    Anyway, if you guys have any sentimental discussion threads that you want to save for future generations of DBD players to read, this is how you can do it.

    It's so annoying that we're going to be losing so much social history of the game in this way, but there's not much that can be done about it tbh. At times like this I'm reminded of how ephemeral the web really is. Nothing lasts forever, not even the legendary original Space Jam website made it past 2021.

  • If I may make two requests:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/39075/dbd-killer-timeline/p1 (you're going to have to grab the URL and manually put it in)

    This one is kind of selfish, but it's also something that I genuinely feel should be preserved, since it's probably one of, if not THE largest thread in the Lore section (I at least have never heard of anyone else running into a character limit like I did, which is why I can't actually give you the full link, it's telling me "Body is 45253 characters too long").

    @MusicNerd_TC said:

    Dan, most commonly known here as Cheers or CheersTC died on September 13 in his sleep, he was one of the nicest and most wholesome forum members out there, but we lost him to cancer at the young age of 19.

    We found out a few months ago that he was battling cancer, and was going through a downward spiral in life.

    Before I was banned temporarily from the forums, I got to know him, and me and a bunch of other friends, @Respectfulnancymain @GoodBoyKaru @NoOneKnowsNova Laura and others did swf and custom matches with him, and I have to say, it was the most fun I have ever had in dbd. He was an amazing, funny, and kindhearted human who didn't deserve this, especially at such a young age.

    Karu told me today that he died, and it was so sudden, I was speechless.

    You all might have seen that a bunch of us changed our pfp to WGLF, hope etc. This was all because of cheers, and his legacy. I am here to pay my respects to him.

    Karu was also cheers' boyfriend, and he is going through a lot right now as well, so if you can, try and comfort him, he is extremely depressed and heartbroken right now. But I want to let you all know, that he will carry on, even if he has died, I will always remember him.

    Now, to everyone who was aware of the situation, I will tag you @Todgeweiht @bubbabrotha @Dabihwow @azame @Unicorn @Endstille @Elena @MandyTalk @Aneurysm @Demonl3y

    Oh yeah, don't think I forgot about you cancer. ######### cancer.

    But this one is a lot more special. @Cheers was one of the most genuine people I have ever seen, even if I only spoke with him once to save him from interacting with a troll. His tribute should be preserved somewhere.

  • @tjt85 said:

    Good work so far! I was actually able to use the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine to preserve some threads I wanted to keep for posterity (I'm on desktop PC). Somebody has already saved the official announcement of the closure of the forums over there:

    Wayback Machine link to forums closure announcement

    It only saved the first page, though. So multiple pages will have to be saved individually if anyone wants to back up the entire discussion. I think it would be very ironic and funny if that was all that we had left preserved of the forums on the web when they're finally gone.

    I've also saved a couple of lore build threads that I posted in and wanted to bookmark for myself (because I'm forgetful and I might want to be reminded of them some day). I like making builds a lot in this game:

    I would like to hear your Lore-based Builds (Survivor OR Killer)

    Anyone have some fun Legion builds?

    ^As you see, some images didn't properly save, so if there are lots of large images on the page they sadly won't all be saved. Only one snapshot of a page can be made per hour.

    You can also use urlclean.com to clean the URL slugs of anything unnecessary in the address to make for a better archived page. And this is the link you need to save a page to the wayback machine:

    https://web.archive.org/save

    Anyone can do this, but it is very time consuming and it would obviously be an impossibly huge undertaking to preserve absolutely everything. And it will only be preserved for as long as the Internet Archive still exists. But still better than nothing, I guess?

    Anyway, if you guys have any sentimental discussion threads that you want to save for future generations of DBD players to read, this is how you can do it.

    It's so annoying that we're going to be losing so much social history of the game in this way, but there's not much that can be done about it tbh. At times like this I'm reminded of how ephemeral the web really is. Nothing lasts forever, not even the legendary original Space Jam website made it past 2021.

    Oh so glad you got working on way back machine, I tried to get that exact thread to upload on wayback and its just blank (you can see the earlier instant of it when i go look at your archived link of it)

    yeah some forums i noticed have a lot of videos that need to be done manually or at not saved, trying to save the most upvoted treads, "The Continued Ignorance of Performance Issues Continues to Hamper Player Fun" which has ALOT of video references so for threads like that they will have a attached doc in folder so that the video references will still work as long as you tube videos are up.

    I will be saving as much as I can before the shut down locally and on a google drive I have linked so others can look at whenever they want, def will be chucking David king thread on way back machine tho if its not already on there.

    I have seen places become lost media / lost to time and would like as much of forums as possible to be reserved for people who may want to read for nostalgia or people years down the line who may wanna see how forums was like.

  • @VolantConch1719 said:

    If I may make two requests:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/39075/dbd-killer-timeline/p1 (you're going to have to grab the URL and manually put it in)

    This one is kind of selfish, but it's also something that I genuinely feel should be preserved, since it's probably one of, if not THE largest thread in the Lore section (I at least have never heard of anyone else running into a character limit like I did, which is why I can't actually give you the full link, it's telling me "Body is 45253 characters too long").

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/194548/another-tribute-to-cheers

    But this one is a lot more special. @Cheers was one of the most genuine people I have ever seen, even if I only spoke with him once to save him from interacting with a troll. His tribute should be preserved somewhere.

    Thanks ill add them too a folder called "community requested forums" when it get to it !

  • Great work, friend!

  • This content has been removed.
  • Brilliant work you're doing here. It's nice to see some of the memories we've formed over the years be archived, despite BHVR's attempts to prevent such.

  • Hey, randomly bumped into this thread, I did archive the current state of the forum (Only the posts and comments at this point, but I am planning to store the media hosted here as well) and will update the archive it before the forum gets shutdown. After it is fully down (So nothing more can be posted) I'll post it online and make a torrent in case people want to seed it.