Will never be able to Nurse

I've been playing the game a long time now but I've always been more of a survivor main. When I do play killer I tend to use ones that are relatively simple to control but every now and again I'll try and improve on a killer I don't use (mostly for trophy hunting) yet no matter what I find it so hard to blink to where I want to as the Nurse. Even in custom to practice with the add on that shows blink target location, I still found it extremely difficult to land hits against bots. Sometimes I'll enter fatigue before I can even chain the blink.

I've looked up guides etc but here I am, still awful. Never going to be a Nurse main. Props to you that are good with her (especially using controller)

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • As simple as bots are, they are still not the greatest to practice with on certain killers. For example on chucky i could barely kill 1 bot, but hes one of my highest kill rates against players.

    I would suggest practicing against players without caring too much about losing. You would also see how the survivors try to counter the blinks and be able to react to that as well.

    First thing you could do is try to get use to short range blinks which are the hardest to avoid. Afterwords you get a feel for leading your targets like firing a slower projectile, try to hit with the first blink or use the first blink to close distance then correct yourself and fire the 2nd blink that you are more likely to hit with.

  • unironically you may have better luck as Matchbox Nurse and play with 1 blink. From my experience using that addon, survivors throw themselves into your loving embrace for free. Add Superior Anatomy for the memes.

  • @ShanoaLegendaryPlz said:

    As simple as bots are, they are still not the greatest to practice with on certain killers. For example on chucky i could barely kill 1 bot, but hes one of my highest kill rates against players.

    I would suggest practicing against players without caring too much about losing. You would also see how the survivors try to counter the blinks and be able to react to that as well.

    First thing you could do is try to get use to short range blinks which are the hardest to avoid. Afterwords you get a feel for leading your targets like firing a slower projectile, try to hit with the first blink or use the first blink to close distance then correct yourself and fire the 2nd blink that you are more likely to hit with.

    I think they've actually changed bots not that long ago. They dont seem to be all knowing against stealth and such anymore.

  • Nurse is a very odd killer to play. It's a combination of reflex and prediction. She does take a bit of getting used to, best just to keep going till you build that muscle memory. I played her pretty hard when the darkest dungeon rift came out, got passably skilled with her.

    I wouldn't practice against bots, they behave very differently to players, particularly with killers that have odd ways of hitting, like nurse.

  • Play her for 1 hour a day and within a month youre good enough to stop the average survivor team. Its basically just muscle memory.

  • Thanks for the feedback and advice everyone.

    My take aways are that I need to keep at it until it becomes more natural and probably just avoid bots.

    I hope one day we'll get aim marker options without them needing to be add ons

  • Bots cheat. Getting them as a Nurse is pretty hard.

    Nurse is hard. She was hard for me too. Yet at some point, I've decided to learn her properly.

    For two weeks, I've,played with the sole objective of being able to blindly blink to small spaces from anywhere around.

    Then and only then I've started to try to chase survivors.

    It wasn't easy but I've kept at it and I've progressively got the hang of it.

    Several years later I've done more than 61K blink attacks and, overall, I only lose against organised teams of experienced players.

    Given I'm no spring chicken (to give you a ballpark : I'm gen-X), anyone younger should have enough mechanical skill to do it too.

  • @Linkdouken said:

    Thanks for the feedback and advice everyone.

    My take aways are that I need to keep at it until it becomes more natural and probably just avoid bots.

    I hope one day we'll get aim marker options without them needing to be add ons

    If you play for long enough, you won't need flannel. You will "feel" the blink. Or more accurately, your finger will know. (What is commonly referred as muscle memory)